informateur

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:27 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Quote:
Why does the Universe exist?

0 Replies

jymana

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 04:40 pm
Why does the Universe exist? This is a very complex question that can be answered in many different perspectives. In reality, there is no physical proof of how the universe came to be. It all depends on what an individual strongly believes in, whether it be religion, science, or an uncaused caused. Being a Catholic, it is logical to say that a supreme being, such as God created the universe. One may argue that if God created the universe, then who created God? Well, God is a being who we cannot see, touch, or feel. Therefore, he would be categorized as eternal, who does not have an end, unlike all the humans on earth. It relates to the concept of the cosmological argument, which states that a supreme being must exist because the chain of causes must have a beginning. The chain of causes must start somewhere. Therefore, the beginning of the chain of causes is a supreme being who is an uncaused cause.
dalehileman

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 05:01 pm
@jymana,
But Jy if the Universe has always existed in one form or another than there's no need for a Creator
JLNobody

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 05:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Right!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 05:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Also, a creator never existed until humans couldn't answer the question about their existence. Man has created all sorts of gods before the christian god was created by the Jews - many centuries after other similar gods were created in Egypt and Greece. That other cultures created their own gods prove that humans are prone to create gods.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
Sir Patrick Moore was a British national TV institution and his 'Sky at Night' shows ran for 50 years. At the end of one show he said something like "I get letters from people asking me what I make of the existence of the universe, and I reply 'does it exist'? Goodnight"

As far as I know he never did explain what he meant but my respect for him went up a few notches because there he was, a famous astronomer questioning whether the universe existed or was just an illusion..Smile
0 Replies

AdaLovelace

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 06:46 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
As the cosmological theory states, there is no such thing as an uncaused cause. Therefore there has to have been a supreme figure or eternal being that sparked the beginning to the creation of the universe. Going along a religious standpoint and the belief that everything happens for a reason, I believe that God is this supreme figure. His sole purpose was to create man and woman in order to share his greatness amongst us and spread it amongst a greater population. Philosophers, such as Freud, may argue that God is an authority figure that supplements the human need for authority. But if that is all what God represents, what is the ultimate cause for the universe and life as it exists? Clearly, there is no one presently on this earth who possesses the qualities of creating life and the universe as it exists. Therefore, there is no denying that something beyond our own capabilities must’ve sparked the creation of all things. In Genesis 1:26, God says, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” He has entrusted us the freedom and authority to make rational decisions and live life in a moral manner within the space he has created. Therefore, God has created the universe so that human beings can redeem, expand and explore the prosperous world and so that we can live amongst his greatness.
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:46 am
@TuringEquivalent,
I believe science has a part in it.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:05 pm
@AdaLovelace,
Quote:
As the cosmological theory states, there is no such thing as an uncaused cause.
At risk of repetition Ada, I can't agree. Suppose for instance it's eventually realized that there's something wrong with the idea of nothingness, that it entails contradiction and paradox, just as does the notion of Creation. In other words things are the way they are simply because they can't be another way; while the idea of Creation is unnecessary if we simply assume that the Universe has always existed in one form or another

However this doesn't mean there's no God The apodictical existential pantheist maintains the Universe is Her body, all the activity therein Her mind at work
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:16 pm
@dalehileman,
THERE IS NO GOD I AM PROOF THERE IS NO GOD WHY?

BECAUSE I HAVE PRAYED FOR THESE TWO TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY'RE STILL THERE

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED A DEVIL YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE IN IT IS BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM OF GOD'S WORD WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL 

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS GET OUT BUT NO I WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OF THEIR KIND SO THEY MADE ME WHO I AM NOW 

THERE IS NO GOD I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW FOR THEM TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD BUT TILL THIS DAY THEY REMAIN

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED THE DEVIL IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM TWO WHO CLAIM GOD BELIEVERS OF GOD'S WORD

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL IT WILL BE BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT TO HIM

IMMATURITY. WHAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND.
blueveinedthrobber

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:17 pm
Did the Devil make you type in huge Caps?
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Dalehileman babe. Reputation means nothing after you die. Why do you think I could care less about my reputation. Because. It doesn't matter. Why should I stress about people judging me when their judgement means nothing. Nothing matters. One day. The earth will disappear. Because the weather will stop. In return. Earth will no longer exist.
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:24 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Did the Devil make you type in huge Caps?

Huge - as you say - caps makes my words mentioned look big. Ah.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:22 pm
@informateur,
Quote:
BECAUSE I HAVE PRAYED FOR THESE TWO TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY'RE STILL THERE
Who two
Am I one
Prayer doesn't work in the usu supposed way, which would clearly be impossible. She can't do the impossible because it simply can't be done

Quote:
IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF...DEVIL YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE IN IT IS BECAUSE TWO…. CHRISTIAN LED ME….
Which two Info, and how exactly

Quote:
…..THEY MADE ME WHO I AM NOW
Again who and how unclear

Quote:
….. PRAYING…..FOR THEM TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD BUT... THEY REMAIN
No offense Info but this sort of reaction being somewhat rare you might need consultation of some sort, or perhaps meds

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF…...THE DEVIL IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM….
Quote:
I…… TWO…...CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT TO HIM
One might guess you're attempting to deflect the blame

Quote:
IMMATURITY. WHAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Pray whose immaturity and its effect upon whom

But Info, forgive, but why have you addressed me, specifically, upon these issues

Do you imagine I'm somehow the Devil's Advocate

Forgive me if I seem a bit facetious Info but sometimes the tendency is irresistible
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:30 pm
@informateur,
Quote:
Dalehileman babe.
A wrinkled male 83-year old thanks you for that misconception

Quote:
Reputation means nothing after you die. Why do you think I could care less about my reputation.
What makes you think that I do

Quote:
Because. It doesn't matter. Why should I stress about people judging me when their judgement means nothing.
Let me not dissuade you, it's a personal choice

Quote:
Nothing matters. One day. The earth will disappear. Because the weather will stop.
That's not the reason, at least as I understand

Quote:
In return. Earth will no longer exist.
Forgive me Info but what happening in return for what. You might wish to rephrase since what you seem to be saying is that the lack of weather will cause disappearance of the Earth

However been pleasure Info chatting with you
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:45 pm
@dalehileman,
One day. Dalehileman. Regret will fall upon you. Depending on who you are deep within yourself. Run through your veins.
dalehileman

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:23 pm
@informateur,
Deep within I'm somebody else, a true believer in Fear of the Almighty. That's what's meant by subliminal or subconscious. Meanwhile however the half labeled "reason" tends to predominate

Or at least that's what I call it
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:54 pm
@dalehileman,
I think there is something bothering you.

Care to open up to me more?
dalehileman

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:45 pm
@informateur,
Quote:
I think there is something bothering you.
I'm quite sure of it

Quote:
Care to open up to me more?
Be happy to if you'd specify a mode. However we're slightly OT aren't we
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:45 pm
@dalehileman,
I've a number of available discussion threads anyone is welcome to use for discussion. Discussion. A great source of/for knowledge.