Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:12 pm
@Logicus,
Log, 'Why' proposes 'purpose'.
Again, subjective.
Only YOU can determine 'Why' Log.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:25 pm
@mark noble,
The problem of looking for purpose can be traced back to the evolved intuition we have to assume "agenticity"...for instance that there is a Lion hidden in the grass wanting to eat you and planning how to catch you, even when often, it was only the wind rustling in the grass...those of us who got to question if it really was a Lion or just the wind got mostly extinct every time we were wrong...those of us who evolved an "animistic" intellect and always assumed there was something someone, a thinking agent out there planning n conspiring to catch us survived...that's why most of us look for "agenticity" in the world...that's why we have religions n the vast majority of people believe there is a God.
mark noble

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
And, always erring on the side of caution promotes paranoia...Smile
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:32 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The vast majority of people thinks that reason is a phenomenal category of the mind...but reason only means ratio, order...reason is abstract.

Reason means the world has the regularities it has and how they work, such n such...there is no why, there is only IT IS ! There is no alternative to everything...whatever exists it wasn't commanded by anyone, it was always here in space/time...the Laws of nature command nothing rather they are the very real in its eternal unsurpassed manifestation...determinism could be better justified with simple timeless perfect correlation of a given ratio between events...that which is forever the case.
mark noble

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Agreed fil.
We have forever discussed this, and will forever continue to do so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:44 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
But I just gotta say, my IT IS sure was a fun ride! I was able to travel around this world equivalent to 26 times plus. And I always thought it was because I planned all those trips.

No matter, it WAS fun!

Have reservations to visit Nova Scotia in September, and a AMA Waterways cruise from Budapest to Prague in November with my regular travel group.

Who ever predetermined all this for me must be thanked. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk
mark noble

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're Welcome CI.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That was one of the posts I most enjoyed reading from you Cic...I am really happy for you n a little bit envious you get to travel so much ! Keep at it and yes be thankful for it, not to someone, but to reality being as is ! Wink
0 Replies

Logicus

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:52 pm
@mark noble,
No. A government can force someone to work as a janitor for the rest of their live. They would have a purpose, and yet, it was not their own.
mark noble

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:38 pm
@Logicus,
That was a reply to what, Log?
Logicus

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:42 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Log, 'Why' proposes 'purpose'.
Again, subjective.
Only YOU can determine 'Why' Log.

Apologies for not making it clear.
mark noble

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:49 pm
@Logicus,
Ah, cheers.
I mean 'meaning/purpose' is one's own.
Does anything have a purpose?
Logicus

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 01:37 pm
@mark noble,
It is what a higher power sets out for them.
mark noble

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:41 pm
@Logicus,
Stop typing utter bollux - Audience is bored.
Logicus

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:41 pm
@mark noble,
I don't care if the audience is bored or not.
mark noble

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:44 pm
@Logicus,
There is no audience - you've fucked them all off.
Logicus

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:46 pm
@mark noble,
So? I don't see your point here. A personal attack on me will not serve you any good.
mark noble

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:50 pm
@Logicus,
Yes it does.
It gathers a response.
Action promotes reaction.
I'm not actually insulting you, Log.
I'm testing your tether:)
Cipherius

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:52 pm
@mark noble,
Ah. I suppose you were testing my sibling's as well? Fortunately, my brother has more self-control than I expected and did not respond to those insults. Also, he learned a new word as well. Thanks for that.
0 Replies

Cipherius

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:54 pm
@mark noble,
Oh oops. I'm in my brother's account. It's Logicus.
0 Replies