How to control breathing while runing?

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 12:32 am
Why is it hard to breath while you run? How we can control breathing while running?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,427 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 07:22 am
@pranayamarunning,
I have asthma, and it is hard to get air in or out of my lungs... I pump up before a longer run, 5k is my limit, and I train to build up all of the muscles in my stomach area that grow very tired from trying to breath against resistence... Of course, the more you train, the more your muscles will be able to function anerobically, but even then, for the first part, of a run you will require more oxigen... Mostly I go at the speed I can breathe...
0 Replies

sheranudeep

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 10:37 am
@pranayamarunning,
A runner has higher aerobic capacity if he runs regularly . His body becomes accustomed to high pace of running . Its automatic . Just make sure that you run regularly and at comfortable speed . You can do interval training for developing speed and stamina .
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:21 pm
Don't DO breathing just let your body do it.
0 Replies

Torii

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:26 pm
@pranayamarunning,
You don't just DO it. You have to think of a rhythm, if it's a jog, it must be a relaxed rhythm. Inhale through your nose, and exhale through your moth. Keep this pattern up, and you'll have no trouble breathing. And this is different if you're sprinting. The rhythm must be as fast paced as your legs. In and out short breaths every second (so breath in for two strides and breath out for the next two strides) or so. If it's a short sprint take a deep breath before you start, just hold your breath and just focus on picking up your legs and pushing off the ground strongly.
0 Replies

Steve Drew

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:34 am
I think of a breathing pattern (mine is Two short breaths through your nose and two short breaths out your mouth) and you have to keep in mind don't take big breaths because that is what is your problem making you out of breath. Try to breath in only through your nose and out only through your mouth. After a while every time you run you will automatically do that and your mind will wander back to how tierd you are so just sing a really catchy and annoying song in your head and don think about running or anything around you.

Thanks,
Steve
0 Replies