Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

parados

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 08:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Zimmy may do well with litigation for false arrest and false imprisonment
in addition to his books and movie.

Really David? When has anyone charged with a crime EVER been able to sue for false arrest?
gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:06 am
@parados,
Mike Nifong has been sued into oblivion, in fact that's his new address now:

Michael B. Nifong
0 Zero'th Ave., apt 0
Oblivion, NC 00000

I haven't kept up with how the suits against Duke University or the city of Durham NC are coming along but I'm sure the defendants are wishing they'd never heard of Nifong.

There is also the case of the little town of Wenatchee, Wash. which was involved in a number of trials similar to Janet Reno's witchcraft "ritual abuse(TM)" tribunals only without the political cover of having the main perpetrator being appointed as AG of the United States and which at one point was facing half a billion dollars worth of lawsuits, could no longer obtain insurance, and was looking at being forcibly disincorporated.

Don't think that bullshit never has consequences.

parados

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:15 am
@gungasnake,
Manufacturing evidence is NOT the same thing as charging someone with a crime.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:25 am
@parados,
Charging somebody with a crime without any supporting evidence has a way of getting prosecutors shitcanned.
parados

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:27 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Charging somebody with a crime without any supporting evidence has a way of getting prosecutors shitcanned.

That is possible but it doesn't lead to law suits alleging "false arrest" or "false imprisonment." Those would be quickly thrown out by the courts.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:34 am
There is a considerable difference between false arrest and Nifong's malicious prosecution.

Joe(carry on)Nation
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:57 pm
Quote:
The facts are that here’s a 17-year-old young man who was minding his own business and was walking home when confronted by the defendant, who felt that Mr. Martin was committing some type of crime. Unfortunately, he made the wrong assumption, that’s why the word 'profile' was used, and he 'confronted' Martin,” said Bernie De La Rionda, the state prosecutor, in a closing argument where he suggested the judge set a $1 million bond

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47118163/ns/us_news-christian_science_monitor/#.T5Rs-LN2Sf4

Wrong at best and a lie at worst..... we dont have words from Zimmerman which indicate that he had decided that Martin was a criminal, his words indicate that he was concerned that Martin MIGHT be a criminal. Either way, being on the lookout for those committing crimes and taking an active role in alerting the state to possible crimes and criminals is not a criminal act.
boomerang

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 03:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we dont have words from Zimmerman which indicate that he had decided that Martin was a criminal

How about "these assholes always get away with it"?
BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 03:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you are a "white" citizen and that term now seems to cover latinos with olive color skin and report a black citizen who you think might be up to no good you are a racist and are a profiler.

If Trayvon had put Zimmerman in intensive care or even kill him it would had been a small item in the local papers.

Only because Zimmerman dare to defense himself and in so doing used deadly force is this a worldwide news story.
BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 03:31 pm
@boomerang,
Too bad even after passing the 911 voice recording through all kind of filters they could not come up with the word coon or any other racial word for that matter.

Who would wish to be a member of a crime watch in the future knowing that if the person you are reporting on have a black skin you need to be very very careful concerning your language and even the words "these assholes" can be taken as you meaning these black assholes.

Sorry if I was under the opinion that the person might very well be one of ]the low level criminals preying on my neighbors I might had used the word assholes or hoodlums myself.
boomerang

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 03:48 pm
@BillRM,
Why is that "too bad"?

I don't know if he was racist. I do know that he's an idiot who thought he knew better than the police in how to handle the situation and he ended up killing a KID because of it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:09 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Quote:
we dont have words from Zimmerman which indicate that he had decided that Martin was a criminal

How about "these assholes always get away with it"?

What is "it"?? Not having alluded to anything else we must assume that "it" is being drugged up, as George perceived Travvon to be. Is thinking that a person walking in your neighborhood is on drugs, a person whom does not live in your neighborhood, now to be an indication that you are a criminal? Do you really want to go there?

Sure, being on illegal drugs makes one a criminal, so technically it is correct that George thought Travvon was a criminal, but we both know how idiotic Americas drug laws are.
boomerang

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh come on. You're being absurd.

Zimmerman talks about break ins then he says "these assholes always get away with it".
BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:39 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
. I do know that he's an idiot who thought he knew better than the police in how to handle the situation and he ended up killing a KID because of it.

The last time I check 911 operators was not police officers and I had myself disobey such an operator when she told me to leave my home instead of dealing with a wall fire myself.

With a house full of pets I was not leaving without trying and in fact putting out the fire myself.

But then in your world it would seem that not obeying a 911 operator mean that Zimmerman had lost the right of self defense.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:56 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Oh come on. You're being absurd.

Zimmerman talks about break ins then he says "these assholes always get away with it".

Quote:
We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

The use of the word "suspicious" should clue you in that George had not decided that Travvon was a criminal. This being so the only time he did say any words to the effect that Travvon was a criminal was when he concluded that Travvon was on drugs, presumably illegal drugs.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
@boomerang,
You do not call 911 to get a police officer out to check out a person unless you think he is likely to be a criminal and given that it seems very likely that Trayvon will be found to had turn and attacked Zimmerman it would seem that Zimmerman was 100 percent correct in his judgment!!!!!!

Sorry but the last in thing I would do as adult or even as a teenager would had been to turn and attack someone following me.

Maybe boomerang you think that a law abiding person would assault someone for following him but I do not share that opinion.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You do not call 911 to get a police officer out to check out a person unless you think he is likely to be a criminal and given that it seems very likely that Trayvon will be found to had turn and attacked Zimmerman it would seem that Zimmerman was 100 percent correct in his judgment!!!!!!

As well as Travvon's known disciple problems at school. He was only in town because he was on an extended suspension. It appears to me that we have here two imperfect hot headed young men who had a brief contact which went badly, the exact nature of that contact we will never know. However, given the state of Florida law and the injuries on George it is pretty clear to me now the he is not criminally liable for the death of Travvon. It is getting increasingly difficult to imagine any evidence that the state might have which would make George guilty of a crime beyond all reasonable doubt, and they certainly have not presented any to this point.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, It's impossible to arrive at any conclusion with partial third party stores. The only people who's going to hear the whole story are the jury members, the judge, and the attorneys in the case. The results are unknown until the trial concludes, and the jury makes a decision.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you happen to see where Georges attorney Friday said that he was "sure" that the state had evidence that George might be guilty of a crime, but that he had not yet seen any??? This read to me like a sarcastic shot across the bow. If I am correct that this DA is engaged in illegal victim worship then she should be on notice now that she might have bit off more than she can chew.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 06:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Doesn't matter what he says; it's hearsay; not evidence.