Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 01:45 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
if that is a next day photo, I'd not call his nose broken...
and u r an expert in diagnosing this, right ?????????
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 01:48 pm

If there is a problem with burglary,
then the decent people shud be GRATEFUL
for people who r not as lazy as me,
and r willing to keep a look out,
in defense of the naborhood.

David
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hey, any of us who have had our noses broken, are experts.

Joe(we are legion)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The mob was the media the the race baiters such as yourself who still insist this was about race and the purposeful...

This isn't really about race since it's been shown that white people can be turned into the same kind of trash as Trayvon Martin by the same processes. It's about gangsterism, and about the question of equal rights in our society, i.e. it's about whether or not we're now supposed to have special/protected groups of people who you can't even defend yourself against legally when one of them tries to kill you, and about whether all demoKKKrat voting blocks are supposed to have such protected status, or just blacks, or what the hell exactly.

And it's about a trashy president claiming that if he had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Last night I spoke with the most serious lawyer amongst my acqueintences, anbd he said there was no way any judge or prosecutor in his right mind should want any part of trying George Zimmerman.

Shellie Zimmerman appears to be in legal jeopardy ONLY by dint of gangsterism on the part of government agents i.e. she could easily claim confusion and that had government agents acted in a reasonable and rational manner, the events leading to her arrest would not have occurred.

The ONLY government official who appears to have acted in a totally rational manner, the police chief Lee, has been fired for it. I assume he is meeting with his attorney discussing how to divide the town of Sanford Fla. up between the two of them.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:09 pm
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPvjWoZ-lOdaMGC7POv0AVEF7AsHKJli5lUdb3WmeKCy2qS4-hPw

Worst damage was to the back of Zimmerman's head, which Martin was slamming into the pavement.

Again what occurred was similar to a pit bull attack. Where a rational person who was sufficiently pissed at something might have decked Zimmerman and walked away or a German shepherd might have bit his leg and walked away, a pit bull would continue the attack to the death as would a quasi-trained MMA fighter like Martin whose intent was to kill the guy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:14 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Last night I spoke with the most serious lawyer amongst my acqueintences

The fact that he is among your acquaintances does give me high hopes for his intelligence, competency, or taste.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:30 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
it's about whether or not we're now supposed to have special/protected groups of people who you can't even defend yourself against legally when one of them tries to kill you

You mean defending yourself from unarmed children? Unarmed children, who are minding their own business, shouldn't have "protected status" from adults with guns who stalk and confront them?

Are you saying you believe that a middle class high school junior, who had just turned 17, and who had no history of aggressive behavior or run-ins with the law, and who was just walking home from a store with his Skittles and iced tea, would suddenly, for no reason, try to kill George Zimmerman? Why would he want to do that? Because you think all black kids are "gangsters"--who mindlessly attack like viscous pit bulls?
Quote:

This isn't really about race...

Oh, but it does seem to be about race for you. Your comments make that clear. You've already labeled Trayvon Martin as "trash".

Look at that video of George Zimmerman the day after the shooting--no black eyes, no swollen face, no evidence of all those "punches" that felt like "bricks" that he claims he suffered--the man is not beaten up, there is no evidence of what he describes Martin as having done to him--he's got two band-aids on the back of his head covering two very small cuts (one was one inch, the other one 1/4 of an inch). Where is the physical evidence that Martin was beating him badly and trying to kill him? Zimmerman's account is not consistent with his very minor injuries.

This is about whether George Zimmerman is guilty of second degree murder or manslaughter for shooting and killing an unarmed minor after provoking a confrontation with him.
Quote:
At one point during his interview with Mr. Serino, the investigator is heard asking Mr. Zimmerman whether it was possible that Mr. Martin felt threatened by the fact that he was being tailed by a stranger.

“He perceived you as a threat," Mr. Serino said. "He has every right to defend himself, especially if you reach into your pocket to grab your cellphone. Could that have been a possibility for him getting so enraged?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us/documents-tell-zimmermans-side-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all
gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 05:13 pm
@firefly,
there's a point beyond which I don't argue with broken records, and you're past that point.
parados

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 05:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Rockhead wrote:
if that is a next day photo, I'd not call his nose broken...
and u r an expert in diagnosing this, right ?????????

If a GOP congressman can diagnose Terry Schiavo as not being brain dead from watching a video of her, why can't the general public diagnose a broken nose from a picture?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 05:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
gunslingin' dave said: "and u r an expert in diagnosing this, right ????????? "

correct.

both on the giving and receiving end.

I'll tell you what, Dave...

I'll come punch you in the nose, and we can bet on whether or not your eyes blacken.

I'll bet you anything you wish to wager...
firefly

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:09 pm
@gungasnake,
You also don't argue with the evidence--you just ignore most of the evidence, and you've done that with the evidence against both Zimmerman and his wife. Don't you ever tune in to reality? They've released an enormous amount of evidence, none of which you seem capable of considering or evaluating..

Ignoring the evidence won't make it go away, it just renders meaningless anything you might say since it's grounded in evasion and ignorance and denial.

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Don't you ever tune in to reality?

Firefly,

Gungasnake:
* is a global warming denialist
* is an evolution denialist
* believes that the biblical flood was caused by the water on Mars being transported to Earth
* believes that crude oil is not of biological origin

So, no, he rarely tunes into reality.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:14 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
gunslingin' dave said: "and u r an expert in diagnosing this, right ????????? "
I dunno how much longer I can sling anything.
Just walking for 1O minutes has become a big deal.
Supporting the wate of a gun is troublesome.
Gun controllers can find their victory in Isaac Newton's Law of Gravity.
The less freedom that a citizen has, the more thay like it.

I 'm supposed to go to Reno in 2 weeks for a convention.
I hope that I can handle it.

Rockhead wrote:
correct.

both on the giving and receiving end.

I'll tell you what, Dave...

I'll come punch you in the nose,
and we can bet on whether or not your eyes blacken.

I'll bet you anything you wish to wager...
Unlike u, I pretend to no expertise in this matter.
Accordingly, I will not bet.

U r in no danger of ending up like Trayvon.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 07:33 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Gungasnake:
* believes that the biblical flood was caused by the water on Mars being transported to Earth

This is rare, i.e. one of you guys actually describing several of my positions without adding anything ridiculous (believes sex with women is only for procreation otherwise fucks sheep, is a mormon, is a muslim, used to work for the Masai.....)

The ONLY one of those items which there's any shot at me being wrong about is the question of flood waters coming from Mars, which is most likely but not certain. Mars used to have oceans and nobody has a theory as to how it lost them. Likewise nobody has a better theory as to where the flood waters came from.

The flood waters haven't gone anywhere since then by the way, and many of the places humans used to live prior to that time are still beneath the waves.

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/japan/japan2.html

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/japan/japan_7.jpg
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 07:43 pm
@gungasnake,
Um.
The flood, such as it was, was the result of a breakout of the Black Sea.
Not worldwide.
But enough to have Gilgamesh report it 2000 years before Moses stole the idea for his book.

But enough of that,
Back to the Zimmmmmmerman. Look up in the sky!

Joe(no, never mind, he can't make bail)Nation
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:10 pm

Adding anything else ridiculous would just be gilding the lily, since all of your positions are totally ridiculous already. And, sorry, you're wrong on all of them, no matter what you think.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:19 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Gungasnake:
gungasnake wrote:
The ONLY one of those items which there's any shot at me being
wrong about is the question of flood waters coming from Mars,
which is most likely but not certain. Mars used to have oceans and
nobody has a theory as to how it lost them. Likewise nobody has a
better theory as to where the flood waters came from.
U say that water came here from Mars ?
Explain how ?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Um.
The flood, such as it was, was the result of a breakout of the Black Sea.
Not worldwide.

Um, that's wrong. The event was not only worldwide, but solar-system wide.

Simplest handle on the thing although it leaves a lot to be desired as per storytelling...

The seven days just prior to the flood are mentioned twice within a short space of time in the text describing the flood in Genesis:

Quote:

Gen. 7:4 "For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights;...

Gen. 7:10 "And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth."

The Old Testament contains one other reference to these seven days, i.e. Isaiah 30:26:

Quote:

"...Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days..."

Most interpret this as meaning cramming seven days worth of light into one day. That is wrong; the reference is to the seven days prior to the flood. The reference apparently got translated out of a language which doesn't use articles. It should read "as the light of THE seven days".

It turns out, that the bible claims that Methuselah died in the year of the flood. It does not say so directly, but the ages given in Genesis 5 along with the note that the flood began in the 600'th year of Noah's life (Genesis 7:11) add up that way:

Quote:

Gen. 5:25 -]

"And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years and begat Lamech.

And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters. And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years. [i.e. he lived 969 - 187 = 782 years after Lamech's birth];

And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years and begat a son.
And he called his name Noah... [182 + 600 = 782 also...]

Thus we have Methusaleh dying in the year of the flood; seven days prior to the flood...

Louis Ginzburg's seven-volume "Legends of the Jews", the largest body of Midrashim ever translated into Western languages, expands upon the laconic tales of the OT.

From Ginzburg's Legends of the Jews, Vol V, page 175:

Quote:

...however, Lekah, Gen. 7.4) BR 3.6 (in the week of mourning for Methuselah, God caused the primordial light to shine).... God did not wish Methuselah to die at the same time as the sinners...

The reference is, again, to Gen. 7.4, which reads:

Quote:

"For yet seven days, and I shall cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights..."

The note that "God did not wish Methusaleh to die at the same time as the sinners" indicates that Methusaleh died at pretty nearly precisely the beginning of the week prior to the flood. The week of "God causing the primordial lights to shine" was the week of intense light before the flood.

What the old books are actually telling us is that there was a stellar blowout or nova condition of some sort either close to or within our own system at the time of the flood. The blowout was followed by seven days of intense light and radiation, and then the flood itself. Moreover, the signs of the impending disaster were obvious enough for at least one guy, Noah, to take extraordinary precautions.

The ancient (but historical) world knew a number of seven-day light festivals, Hanukkah, the Roman Saturnalia etc. All were ultimately derived from the memory of the seven days prior to the flood.

If this entire deal is a made-up story, then here is a case of the storyteller (Isaiah) making extra work for himself with no possible benefit, the detail of the seven days of light being supposedly known amongst the population, and never included in the OT story directly.

Greek and Roman authors, particularly Hesiod and ovid, Chinese authors and others, note that small groups of men and animals survived the flood on high places and on anything which could float for a year. There is no essential contradiction between this and the biblical account. Noah's descendants were probably unaware of anybody else surviving and wrote the story that way.

This tale is also the main reason for trashing every English yuppie bible in existence and keeping only the KJ in English. The scholars who put the King James together had the decency when they did not understand some part of an ancient story, to leave the language as they found it on the off chance some body 300 years later might figure it out. The people who'e put the yuppie bibles together have wrecked several of the old stories in their drive to yuppify the language. The thing about Isaiah 30:26 is the worst case.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:39 pm
0 Replies