Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
of course you would...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
of course you would...
Yes. In this case,
he obviously is fighting for the sanctity of self defense. That is admirable.

David
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'd support a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, but that's kinda the difference between us in a nutshell, dave...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:34 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I'd support a soup kitchen or homeless shelter,
but that's kinda the difference between us in a nutshell, dave...
SO STIPULATED!

Give them YOUR money, not mine.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
We could bet on if Trayvon family will earn more $$$$$ from trademarking his name and sayings or Zimmerman by way of gun "nuts" such as myself sending him $$$$$$$$.

So far the 'gun" nuts are way ahead of the tee shirts/coffee cups buyers or so I hear.

Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:52 pm
@BillRM,
I don't think you are a gun nut, bill.

I think your crazy is deeper than that...
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:53 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I'd support a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, but that's kinda the difference between us in a nutshell, dave...

Odd unlike the Fireflies of the world I am not for locking up ten percents of all blacks males and having in Florida a third of all adult blacks males in Florida not being able to vote due to Felony convictions.

Soups kitchens can be life savers but not having a legal system that result in
one in three black men not being able to pass employers background checks would be better.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 02:18 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I don't think you are a gun nut, bill.
I remember my 3rd Birthday Party. My mother gave it.
I remember the time leading up to it . . . ,
but I do not remember there ever being a time
when I was NOT a gun lover; revolvers more than automatics.

I distinctly remember pondering them (seen on the hips of police)
and musing upon them in my mind, yearning for them, craving guns, as I relaxed in bed.
I had to live out the next 5 years without access to functional guns.

David
Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 03:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
don't worry dave, I still consider you a gun nut.

there's no denying you there...

and you can be more than one kinda nut.

I'm more mounds than almond joy...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 04:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
don't worry dave, I still consider you a gun nut.
THAT 's a relief.
U had me worried, there.

Rockhead wrote:
there's no denying you there...
Your assurance is gratifying.

Rockhead wrote:
and you can be more than one kinda nut.
How many kinds can I BE ??

Rockhead wrote:
I'm more mounds than almond joy...
Good luck with that.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 06:15 pm
Footnote note concerning Firefly complained that a woman ended up sentence to decades for firing a warning shot to warn off her husband.

The rest of the story is that the prosecutor as is normal overcharge the lady but if she would only give up her rights to a jury trial she would get not decades behind bars but three years instead in an offer plea deal.

Take note that Firefly had been a strong strong supporter of overcharging in the criminal justice system in order to force plea deals and denial people their rights to a jury trial while I had not been a supporter of let make a deal justice system.

Or for that matter long long minimum sentences if found guilty of some crimes that Firefly had always supported while once more I had not.

In any case she roll the dice and lost by demanding a jury trial for crimes that carry long minimum sentences.

Next little detail the woman was out of the house and then decide to reenter the home that have kids in it due to her forgetting her car keys and her warning shot did not come anywhere near to her husband but did almost hit the kids in the home instead.

The jury seems to have had a problem with her endangering kids and only was out an hour or two before finding her guilty.

Note the above informations came from lawyers talking about the case on MSNBC.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The jury seems to have had a problem with her endangering kids and only was out an hour or two before finding her guilty

no

Quote:
Alexander was arrested and charged. She unsuccessfully invoked her right to stand her ground in court. Alexander's sentencing comes 435 days after the shooting. It took a jury 12 minutes to find her guilty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/marissa-alexander-sentenced_n_1510113.html
JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Alexander was arrested and charged. She unsuccessfully invoked her right to stand her ground in court. Alexander's sentencing comes 435 days after the shooting. It took a jury 12 minutes to find her guilty.

Absolutely ******* nuts!!!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:39 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Absolutely ******* nuts!!!

The American "justice" system ROCKS!! *sarcasm*
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 02:07 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The jury seems to have had a problem with her endangering kids and only was out an hour or two before finding her guilty

no

Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/marissa-alexander-sentenced_n_1510113.html
If I had been on her jury,
I 'd have argued in support of acquittal
and I'd have actively PREVENTED conviction.

Apparently, the State's theory of liability
is that after having fled to her garage,
defendant armed herself and then sought
to execute revenge upon her husband for earlier abuse,
by chasing him, instead of having departed from the premises, in favor of somewhere safer.

In MY mind, if I were satisfied that defendant were avenging herself
upon a wife-beater, that 'd be OK too. I 'd have voted to acquit.
I wonder if the Governor will be moven to offer her a pardon.

Zimmy 's case is more conservative than this !

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 02:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
by chasing him, instead of having departed from the premises, in favor of somewhere safer.

Confirmed by the fact that when she was out on bail she almost immediately went to him, violating a no contact order, for the purposes of beating the you know what out of him. I dont believe in depowering judges with mandatory minimums, but I do believe that this woman should spend a few years in jail.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 02:50 am
@hawkeye10,
DAVID wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Confirmed by the fact that when she was out on bail she almost immediately went to him, violating a no contact order, for the purposes of beating the you know what out of him. I dont believe in depowering judges with mandatory minimums, but I do believe that this woman should spend a few years in jail.
I dunno whether the jury was exposed to facts
subsequent to the alleged crime, but in my opinion,
that 'd more prejudicial than probative and an exercise of judicial error to allow that.

Re-iterating: I 'd have voted to acquit
and I 'd have actively supported her full exoneration, if I 'd been on that jury.
I hope that she will prevail on appeal.
I wonder whether the statutes of Florida shud be amended to be less friendly to wife-beaters.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 04:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David to me a woman who placed herself time after time into the hands of a wife beater is as sick in her own ways as her abuser.

There is a door to leave and I can see myself being able to assaulted my wife once and just once and then no promises/begging in the world from me would get her back even after a 27 years relationship.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 07:26 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
David to me a woman who placed herself time after time into the hands of a wife beater
is as sick in her own ways as her abuser.
Well, not equally.

I remember my girlfriend, Maralyn, who lived with me,
affirmatively TRYING, provoking me to assault n batter her.
I did not fall for it. I laffed it off. I did not even get mad !

In the 1930s, during a family trip up into Bear Mountain,
there was a couple fighting and the wife started getting beaten.
My uncle helped her out, getting him off of her,
whereupon she angrily condemned him,
demanding that he mind his own business !

BillRM wrote:
There is a door to leave and I can see myself being able to assault my wife once and just once,
and then no promises/begging in the world from me would get her back even after a 27 year relationship.
I respect her reasoning.
BillRM

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 07:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
My run in David was when a neighbor of my parents was being beaten to the point she needed medical care on an almost weekly bases and this was in a time before the police would get involved.

A numbers of people got involved and she was move across the country and set up with an apartment and a job with our help.

A few years went by and she got back into contact with her husband and allow him to talk her into moving back with him.

In less then a week she was in intensive care after getting one hell of a beating.

Sorry but at the time I was far far more piss at her then I was with her no good husband.