Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That presumes that the people who send money to Zimmerman are just as despicable as you are. I doubt that.

I myself would not had care if the hoodlum had been white and the person attack had been black as a piece of coal, I would still had send money for that person defense fund as this is from the get go a political attack on the right of self defense and the right to carry firearms.

Zimmerman by the way is not what a racist would call white by a country mile.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:38 am
@oralloy,
Mr. Cuckoo Clock strikes again.

Keep on cluckin'.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:34 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Keep on cluckin'.

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.
snood

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:38 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

Keep on cluckin'.

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.

Nope. I think its because he's made the considered decision that intelligent discussion is a lost cause with you, and since you won't go away engaging in ridicule is at least amusing.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:28 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
oralloy wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Keep on cluckin'.

Nope. I think its because he's made the considered decision that intelligent discussion is a lost cause with you, and since you won't go away engaging in ridicule is at least amusing.

No you don't. You know very well that both you and he are too stupid to engage in intelligent discussion, and that you both engage in name-calling in a futile attempt to shore up your intellectual deficiencies.
snood

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:05 pm
@oralloy,
You:

You people are too stupid to argue with me and my superior intellect!

Us:

Hush, crazy!

You:

You compensate for your lack of ability to debate with me by calling me names!

Us:

Nope, you're just nuts!

You: Watch how you talk to your betters!

Us:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShEyR3AePSaBGaE6PJveylW-CAH5Xo9NK4qqeJOQdPZ7Ff2J6F
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
You:
You people are too stupid to argue with me and my superior intellect!

Your use of the term "you people" is a little vague here.

You and DrewDad are certainly too stupid to come up with a coherent argument, as is blatantly clear from your failure to do anything other than engage in name-calling.

But it would be dishonest of you to pretend that I say that of everyone on A2K.

snood wrote:
Us:
Hush, crazy!

Who is "us"? You certainly don't speak for anyone with a functioning brain.

If you just mean to speak for low-IQ trash like you and DrewDad, well OK.

snood wrote:
You:
You compensate for your lack of ability to debate with me by calling me names!

Yes. You and DrewDad are too stupid to say anything intelligent, so you just engage in name-calling.

snood wrote:
Us:
Nope, you're just nuts!

Says the person who is too stupid to show a single fact I've ever gotten wrong.

snood wrote:
You: Watch how you talk to your betters!

Well, look. Freaks like you have no business polluting an intelligent debate with your silly name-calling.

snood wrote:
Us:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShEyR3AePSaBGaE6PJveylW-CAH5Xo9NK4qqeJOQdPZ7Ff2J6F

As noted, you engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.
snood

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:35 pm
Hush, cuckoo!
DrewDad

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:38 pm
@snood,
Calling him cuckoo is a public service message.
snood

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:39 pm
@DrewDad,
I know, right? You'd think we get some credit for being civic-minded.
firefly

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:52 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Freaks like you have no business polluting an intelligent debate with your silly name-calling.

You, of course, never resort to silly name-calling, by referring to people as "freaks".

Where is this allegedly intelligent debate supposedly taking place--inside your head?
http://netanimations.net/coo_coo_clock_animation.gif

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:01 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Hush, cuckoo!

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to engage in intelligent conversation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:02 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Calling him cuckoo is a public service message.

Nope. Your name-calling is a way of compensating for your stupidity, nothing more.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:03 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I know, right? You'd think we get some credit for being civic-minded.

Civic mindedness for someone like you would involve keeping your mouth shut whenever the conversation turns to a subject that you are too stupid to understand.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:04 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
You, of course, never resort to silly name-calling, by referring to people as "freaks".

Depends on the circumstances. When a freak engages in name-calling to compensate for their stupidity, I'm likely to point out that they're a freak.

If someone is being polite, I'll treat them accordingly.

firefly wrote:
Where is this allegedly intelligent debate supposedly taking place--inside your head?

You think that just because YOU go around making up claims that you can't back up, that everyone else on A2K shares your intellectual dishonesty?

Your presence on A2K does not preclude intelligent people from also posting here.

firefly wrote:
http://netanimations.net/coo_coo_clock_animation.gif

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:02 pm
Quote:
Zimmerman's Judge Rejects Motion to Step Down
Andrew Chow, JD at FindLaw.com
Aug 1, 2012

George Zimmerman's judge will not step down because the motion seeking to disqualify him is "legally insufficient," the judge wrote in his order.

Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. on Wednesday denied a motion by Zimmerman's defense team that sought to disqualify the judge because of alleged bias, Reuters reports.

The motion accused Judge Lester of making "gratuitous, disparaging remarks," among other alleged misdeeds, when he set Zimmerman's bail at $1 million in July.

So how did the judge reach his ruling?

It may seem a bit strange, but under Florida's Rules of Judicial Administration, the same judge who is accused of bias gets to decide whether he is in fact too biased to preside over the case in front of him.

In the motion asking George Zimmerman's judge to step down, Florida's rules required Judge Lester to "determine only the legal sufficiency of the motion." Zimmerman's motion failed that test, Judge Lester wrote in his ruling.

But the judge did not further explain why he found the motion insufficient. That's likely because Florida's rules explicitly state: "No other reason for denial shall be stated, and an order of denial shall not take issue with the motion."

Zimmerman's motion had accused Judge Lester of making opinionated remarks about evidence and "advocat[ing] for Mr. Zimmerman to be prosecuted for additional crimes" in his July 5 order setting bail.

In that order, Lester found Zimmerman "tried to manipulate the system" in allowing his wife Shellie to misrepresent their finances, according to Reuters. Shellie Zimmerman was arrested for perjury and has pleaded not guilty, according to CNN.

Prosecutors had opposed the motion asking George Zimmerman's judge to step down, Miami's WTVJ reports. Judge Lester's granting bail and other privileges to Zimmerman show the judge was not biased, prosecutors had argued.

Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, can appeal Judge Lester's ruling, but has not yet decided whether to do so, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/01/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS109273084220120801

firefly

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:30 pm
It doesn't seem that much in the way of donations are coming into Zimmerman's defense fund any more.
Quote:
George Zimmerman wants out of Seminole County
Jul 31, 2012

His lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said one main concern is money. He said Seminole County is the most dangerous place for Zimmerman to live, and the cost of round-the-clock security is draining the defense fund.

"We're preparing to file a motion to modify George's bond to allow him to move out of Seminole County," said O'Mara.

If the money continues to go out faster than it comes in, the next step will be to declare him indigent.

"It has around $40,000 to $50,000 in it -- not as much coming in, and it's draining off due to things like providing security," he said.

Zimmerman posted a $1 million bond a little more than three weeks ago.

O'Mara said Zimmerman's much-talked-about interview failed to generate donations.

Criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby said it's time for Zimmerman to cut costs, and he questions whether all that security is necessary.

"The close security made sense a few weeks ago, but things have died down as of late," he said...

Meanwhile, his wife, Shellie, was formally arraigned Tuesday in a Seminole County courtroom. She already pleaded not guilty and waived her appearance.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/George-Zimmerman-wants-out-of-Seminole-County/-/14266478/15887782/-/4k7wwu/-/index.html#ixzz22LrHy

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 09:25 pm
@firefly,
Man, the cuckoo clock's really making a racket tonight.
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 01:55 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Man, the cuckoo clock's really making a racket tonight.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 02:43 am
@DrewDad,
He serves as a reminder of the consequences of too shallow a gene pool.