Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 12:21 am
@firefly,
Quote:

There was no emotion--either about his sense of fear, or about the fact he shot and killed someone. It was strange. Very strange.

That might or might not play poorly with the jury, but I would read that as abused man dissociating. I think Zimmerman has been abused and struggling all his life which explains his interest in keeping him and his neighbors from being abused by thugs, and I think Martin was a thug teen who fundamentally did not give a **** about anything, plus he had a chip on his shoulder that day re his suspension and being hauled away to daddies girlfriends house. These two troubled males had the misfortune to meet up for a few minutes, and only one walked away. Zimmerman I'll bet sensed that Martin was a thug, and he was right, only Martin was not a thug who intended to commit crime in that neighborhood that day.
firefly

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 12:50 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I think Martin was a thug teen who fundamentally did not give a **** about anything

There is absolutely nothing to support that characterization.

He wasn't "a thug", he didn't go around beating up people or getting into fights. There is no evidence Martin was at all aggressive.

And what makes you think he "did not give a **** about anything"? He was a high school junior, for Pete's sake. He wasn't failing his courses. He had interests. He had friends. And he had two nice, concerned, hard working, middle class parents who loved him, and an older brother in college who also loved him.

You're profiling Martin just the way Zimmerman did. And Zimmerman gave the police a description of Martin's behavior and words that fit that "thug" profile--but I think it was a fabrication, a lie. It doesn't fit Martin, it fits George Zimmerman's idea of what "a thug" would say, and that's why he told it to the police--to justify his own actions.

Zimmerman was the one with known psych problems, particularly problems with aggression and impulsiveness. And that troubled man, with lousy judgment, provoked a terrible tragedy. Martin was an innocent kid, on his way home from a store, who got caught up in George Zimmerman's craziness that night.

And Zimmerman's the one with credibility problems...
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 01:29 am
To repeat this, since it doesn't seem to have sunken in. Trayvon, while all this was going on, was talking on his cellphone to his girlfriend. Have you ever actually looked at people who are not headed anywhere in particular but are just somewhere talking on their phones engrossed in the conversation? They behave EXACTLY the way Zimmerman described Trayvon, they walk around aimlessly, they stare fixedly at nothing, or something inconsequential, they look like they're talking to themselves, they'll saunter somewhere, then turn around and double back. Zimmerman profiled that as suspicious. He was an idiot, it's pure 21st century. Go out and actually LOOK at people on their phones. That's Trayvon. Zimmerman was mistaken from first glimpse, and he killed Trayvon because of it.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 02:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Zimmerman profiled that as suspicious

Had you paid attention you would know that what Zimmerman said was odd was the slow aimless walking and looking about in the rain. It rains all the time here, but when it does people normally walk with purpose to get out of the rain. If I was on watch I would certainly be concerned about this behavior on that night from a black kid in a hoddie.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 02:11 am
The rain was light and sporadic, he took periodic shelter, he was talking on his phone to his girlfriend, which is a conversation that people usually don't particularly want little brothers or parents listening to. I repeat, his behavior was cellphone behavior. Use your powers of observation, hawkeye. I have. I know. He was profiled, ERRONEOUSLY. And he was killed for it. "Slow aimless walking" is cellphone behavior. If you're up to something the last thing you are doing is aimless walking.
firefly

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 02:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If I was on watch I would certainly be concerned about this behavior on that night from a black kid in a hoddie.

Why? Because all black kids in hoodies are "thugs"?

I don't think it was raining very hard, or even that constantly that night.

Zimmerman's calling the police to report possible suspicious activity was fine. Everything he did after that was extremely poor judgment.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 02:18 am
@MontereyJack,
Pearls of wisdom from NO_LIMIT_NIGGA

Quote:
"not giving a **** makes life less complicated"

Quote:
"people who nag, bitch or complain<keep that **** to YOURself

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/#ixzz1qGztV3LT
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:03 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
This is fascinating stuff. Read this.

5 things George Zimmerman told Sean Hannity that may come back to haunt him

#4. Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman’s mouth near the end of the confrontation

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda hinted during the June 29 bond hearing that he plans to bring up the question of whether Zimmerman could have been the one heard screaming on the 911 tapes, if he was also being smothered by Martin. Here is what Zimmerman told Sean Hannity:

ZIMMERMAN: I felt him take — he had — after he couldn’t hit my head on the concrete anymore, he started to try to suffocate me. And I continued to take — push his hands off of my mouth and my nose, particularly because it was excruciating having a broken nose and him putting his weight on it.

And that’s the point in time when he started telling me to shut up, shut up, shut up.

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/19/5-things-george-zimmerman-told-sean-hannity-that-may-come-back-to-haunt-him/4/

"Zimmerman screaming" and "Trayvon responding to the screaming by covering his mouth" are not exactly incompatible events.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:04 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but it was a Republican governor who appointed this prosecutor with the task of going after Zimmerman no matter what the facts happen to be.

That's a separate problem. My guess is that he got the idea from reading about Pontius Pilate...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:10 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman was mistaken from first glimpse, and he killed Trayvon because of it.

Actually no. He killed Trayvon because Trayvon was violently assaulting him.

The only real question here is which one of them is culpable for initiating the conflict, which will determine whether this was self defense or manslaughter.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:11 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
He was profiled, ERRONEOUSLY. And he was killed for it.

The erroneous profile was not the cause of the shooting. The violent assault is what prompted Zimmerman to shoot.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:16 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Zimmerman I'll bet sensed that Martin was a thug, and he was right, only Martin was not a thug who intended to commit crime in that neighborhood that day....

That isn't clear to me. More likely is that he was casing at least one house in the community on his way back to chez daddy's girlfriends. The guy had been thrown out of school at least once for possession of burglary tools and women's jewelry.

Best suggestion for areas with such problems might be just setting traps baited with costume jewelry and then, if the people there aren't really blood-thirsty or intent on killing whatever they catch, simply do what Turtleman does i.e. put the trap in the back of a truck and re-locate the catchee(s) to some more suitable area for them such as Chicago or Detroit.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Seemingly the best Complete Works of Trayvon Martin site:

http://www.exchangeplus1.com/popular/treyvon-martin-the-poet-my-teacher-told-me-that-i-was-a-piece-of-sh-t-seen.html

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:26 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The erroneous profile was not the cause of the shooting. The violent assault is what prompted Zimmerman to shoot.

It's very far from clear to me at least that any profiling in the picture was erroneous....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:40 am
The complete literary works of Trayvon Martin:

http://www.exchangeplus1.com/popular/treyvon-martin-the-poet-my-teacher-told-me-that-i-was-a-piece-of-sh-t-seen.html

Quote:

I hope doing so will help many more people to understand what a beautiful mind we have lost, and what wonderful treasure we have found in his work.

**Treyvon Martin last tweet:
U had yo chance..."
* All the following are just copy and pasted here for your convenience, help me add more if you want I can cite your username along with the quotes you find.
TBL:Bleep! oprah.
I hate friendly nigga's
9 mo dayz til a nigga bday
All We Do Is Smoke & F\*ck..
This a prime example of TBL:Bleep!ery!
Broke niggaz mak me sick throw up
I'll beat the pu\*\*sy up up up...
Trust issues will TBL:Bleep! everything up.
Niggas get fake, when **** gets real.
Answer the phone when a real nigga call!
s/o too them niggas with that good dick ?
(H)appily (O)ffering (E)veryone (S)ex. (:
***Ain't nobody TBL:Bleep!ing with me tonight!
** * Looks In The Mirror DAMNNNN ! Who that ? O_O
**Never trust a nigga who say " Trust Me. "**
We in need of some trees ... Wea tha weed man.
A TBL:Bleep! nigga is FOREVER a TBL:Bleep! nigga! TBL:Bleep! 'em!
WORD Of The Day: ROXY! : Green Ass Bitches Nigguz
Hoez luv me niggaz hate me so i guess dat im even
**TBL:Bleep! these haters I'll kill 'em all if I could!
* * Not giving a TBL:Bleep! just makes life less complicated.
Lying about stupid **** will really get you cut off. * *
When a nigga hating on me... I just wanna kno why!** * *
I don't need anyone to tell me what the TBL:Bleep! to do!**
U DUMB OR STUPID? PICK 1.... UNO..... HOLDS UP 1 FINGER * *
I'm Quagmire, I TBL:Bleep! Hoes, My Cash Flow, I Giggidy Get It.**
IDGAF who you are , you TBL:Bleep! wit one you gone feel my drift !!!
Yo nigga aint doin his dolla.... guess who keep yo chick smilin?? * *
Females think just like niggas but we wrong for getting caught**
Dese niggaz nd hoes really green, datz why its money ova anything...
Me? Putting up w. peoples bullshit for so long? Not a likely situation.
Cleaning my room: 1% cleaning 30% texting 69% playing with stuff I just found
TBL:Bleep! a bitch. any bitch. who you want? take yo pick, but you gone have to take yo time.
**People shouldn't give me lectures... I'm hardheaded, I'm not going to take that ****
*I'll slap a girl if she said suck my toes wtf, she must be giving some great dome for some **** like that.
* * All people want these days is a TBL:Bleep!ing reaction. TBL:Bleep! that & TBL:Bleep! you. dislike me? personal ass issue. see a therapist.
**My teacher told me that I was a piece of ****. Seen her the other day, driving a piece of ****. My Teacher Wants Tha Dick.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:10 am
@gungasnake,
Because everything a 17-year-old says is well considered and intended to be taken completely seriously....

And a big mouth always translates to being a thug, which means all of us on this board are destined to rob a 7/11 in the near future.

You're a riot, gunga.
parados

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 10:02 am
@DrewDad,
I don't know DD, this observation seems to be well above a 17 year old-

Quote:
Cleaning my room: 1% cleaning 30% texting 69% playing with stuff I just found
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 10:54 am
@parados,
I liked that part too.

Joe(such a kid)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 11:02 am
Quote:
Not giving a **** just makes life less complicated.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 11:21 am
@gungasnake,
That, my friend, is your motto.

Joe(You ought to steal it)Nation