Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:18 am
I been asked quite a few times "are you a Republican or Democrat?" That question kinds of stuns me because I dont feel I have enough information about both parties ideals. If you could help me out by telling me wich party you chose and why. that might be able to help me finaly make a choice in the matter. Thank You!!

Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:20 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Psst....psst: there is no difference. It's all market-speak. Both sides are morally bankrupt.

Sincerely, the one thing you used to be able to count on was that if the Repugs would win the White House they'd do their best to overturn Roe v. Wade. Now they have put up a candidate that would not do all in his power to do so.
Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:20 am
Republican or Democrat ?

Yes.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:57 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Psst....psst: there is no difference. It's all market-speak. Both sides are morally bankrupt.

i believe Mr. Orwell said it best

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 10:40 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I Pete am stunned also but for a different reason, having long considered the dualistic Phnom an insult to human intelligence. It’s as if early on it’s necessary to place yourself in one category or the other, then adopt all its presumptions. But in answer to your q:

Those on the right emphasize independence of the individual and limited government; those on the left, the weakness of the individual, its exploitation by the right, and its dependence upon Government, esp for protection from overwhelming outside influence
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:19 pm
There is no longer any difference in them. They are all, the politicians, bought by the monied elite and do as they, the monied elite, want them to. The congress has become part of the monied elite, check how many of them are millionares and tell me why they would vote to do anything to help the lower classes.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:42 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hehe thank you for the replies all! Hehe sounds like we need you guys in D.C. to get some of these bills finaly passed. I guess is gona be a little longer before I decide wich position to take. Thank you !
0 Replies