The Diary of G. W. Bush 1972-1973

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:35 pm
I know where I was every day between Feb 28, 1967 and Feb 28 1971. Now somebody needs to ask George where he was.
Here's how David Corn of The Nation forms the questions:

http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=1238

* In your Air National Guard records, your annual performance review, dated May 2, 1973, says that you did not report for duty to your home base for an entire year. When this was disclosed during the 2000 campaign, your campaign said that you had spent part of that time doing service at an Air National Guard base in Alabama. But the commander of that base said--and recently confirmed--that you never showed up there. In 2000, your campaign promised to produce the names of people whom you served with in Alabama and who could vouch for your presence at the base there. It never did so. Why not? Can you now give us names of men or women with whom you served in Alabama?

* During the year in question, you lost your flight status and were grounded for failing to submit to an annual physical examination. In 2000, your campaign aides said that was because you were in Alabama at the time and your personal doctor was in Houston. But the Boston Globe noted, "Flight physicals can be administered only by certified Air Force flight surgeons." Not personal physicians. And there were military physicians stationed in Alabama, where you were living for part of that year. Why did you not take a flight physical? Why did your campaign put out an explanation that was wrong?

* By your own account, you returned to Houston after the November election of 1972. Yet the records show you did not report in to your Air National Guard base there for six months--not until after that performance review noted you had been missing for a year. Why not? What were you doing during that time?

Where were you, George?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,836 • Replies: 31
No top replies

au1929

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:10 pm
George say's it isn't so. As a deeply religious man would he lie?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:18 pm
May of 1972 till May of '73 is a long time to be gone. Was he working? Was he out of the country?
I'm sure all the guys and gals who were in the Guard at the time would like to know how he skated all that time and still got a early out for school?
Let's ask Dan Qualye how many months he missed? I bet it wasn't a year and a half.....

Joe
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:32 pm
dude. There was a weekend in there no? I got some really good **** and , well , me and my squadron (hee hee) were just tokin and doin some Jax
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:41 pm
YeaBut, it was just a weekend, wasn't it just a weekend???

The days.......of wine and roses........ seem to me to be.........um
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:27 pm
Ha! I voted with the majority (at this point) on the poll.

Nice straight forward questions in that The Nation clipping, Joe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
I voted on a secrit mishion fer the CIA, cuz our Prezidunt don't lie, so iffen he ain't talkin', it must be important nashunal security **** . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:35 pm
I've used that very excuse myself, but only in the pursuit of either National Security or a quickie.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:37 pm
I don't know...I often feel more secure in my nationism after a quickie...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:39 pm
Is that what you call it?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:42 pm
Well, after seeing, conquering and, er, yeah.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:45 pm
Maybe we should call you "Vinnie" from now on . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:10 pm
hmmm, there is a chain around here called Vinnie Testas - I may never be able to eat there again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:13 pm
Inasmuch as testa means "head," that is just too funny . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:23 pm
exactly
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 08:42 pm
I'm waiting for George W to respond ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:00 pm
And respond he did, here's his retort:

USA Today

Quote:
"There may be no evidence, but I did report," Bush said. "In other words, you don't just say 'I did something' without there being verification. Military doesn't work that way. I got an honorable discharge, and I did show up in Alabama."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:01 pm
That would be the "nyah, nyah," response. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
no kidding.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
was to, was not, was to, was not - oy.