Most important quality in a mate?

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:29 pm
I'd prefer all, but if I had to choose....I'd pick body.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,970 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:36 pm
Honesty & reliability- If the person does not have those, nothing else matters!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:43 pm
I'm with Phoenix on this one. All the other qualities in a person are nothing, if you don't have honesty.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:48 pm
Loyalty, above all.

Then honesty, intelligence, sense of humor and all those other good things...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:41 pm
In a serious long-term relationship I'd say honesty, respect, and empathy are of pretty much equal importance.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Honesty & reliability- If the person does not have those, nothing else matters!

I'll second that.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:22 am
I agree, honesty is important. But I have to put intelligence in there too. If the guy is honest but a total dumb ass, I don't think I'd be interested. Loyalty is up there too. Hygiene. That's a definite too.

I couldn't pick only one.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:53 am
I agree Caprice. I can't narrow it down to one either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 04:49 am
Caprice- Of course intelligence is vital. The point that I was making was that even if a guy were rich, gorgeous, and a rocket scientist, it would mean nothing to me if he were not honest and reliable.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 02:03 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Caprice- Of course intelligence is vital. The point that I was making was that even if a guy were rich, gorgeous, and a rocket scientist, it would mean nothing to me if he were not honest and reliable.

It wasn't said, so I didn't know. Mind-reading is not amongst my abilities. Wink
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:52 am
Sparing is very important. Honesty is important but I don't have to have it in a relationship. It isn't important to me because people can try but I know when someone is lying--when it is important such as a relationship. Conceded no. Just right for a good amount of the time, which is why Honesty just rank up there.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:54 am
I seriously considered honesty and intelligence, but ultimately I decided to go with the flat head.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:55 am
When I say sparing, I mean intellectual sparing. Debating. Arguing for fun. Words being exchanged at a high rate without pausing for long periods of time. Anything less wouldn't be attractive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:59 am
I like to participate in CotL's threads so I can check out her tatas in her avatar. Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:12 pm
blue, I think you mean "sparring."
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:15 pm
kickycan wrote:
blue, I think you mean "sparring."

I'm going to have to concur.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:30 pm
cjhsa, I agree. I like those tatas. I think tatas are also important in a relationship.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:31 pm
Handfull of lovin'.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:37 pm
honesty is important - but we all know that, and I think that for the majority of people, it's in the top 3 things of importance (including me)...after that I'll go for intelligence. I like being in a relationship w/ something that I can learn stuff from and we can learn things together. Someone I can debate with and it stay on a civil level and not escalate into arguing...

I've discovered that body is not as important to me as it used to be.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 01:18 pm
I voted for personality since, for me, that encompasses the qualities that makeup that person such as their honesty, their humor, their appreciation of things, their attitudes, their ability to share a bond with me, etc.

It's nice to have a pretty shell to go along with it but someone without a personality is just an empty shell to me.
0 Replies