Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:16 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,538 • Replies: 20
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:28 am
Personally, my boys need security. A skirt would be too much freedom..

But don't men already have the right to ware a skirt? Nobody is stopping them. If a man wants to walk down the streets of New York City waring a skirt, he does so at his own risk.

I think the only places where it wouldn't be allowed are places where there are dress codes enforced for many reasons. At work, school. I wonder if a man could get away with waring a skirt in a court of law. Definitely not in Judge Judy's court room...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:37 am
Having been a member of a pipe band, I can tell you that a kilt on a cold winter's night is an experience to say the least. And kilts are extremely heavy. I couldn't imagine wearing a skirt. And of course, a real man never wears anything under his kilt.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:41 am
Wilso wrote:
Having been a member of a pipe band, I can tell you that a kilt on a cold winter's night is an experience to say the least.

That would turn me into an innie...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:57 am
That's about the size of it!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:06 am
Wilso wrote:
And of course, a real man never wears anything under his kilt.

There's naught been worn, it's all in purfect wurking order!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:11 am
Hmmmmmmmm......
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:27 am
dlowan wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm......

You're free to have a wee peek, lassie.

Though ye didnae need those secateurs, do ye?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:04 am
Used to go to school with a guy who regularily wore a skirt. He said it was more natural, seeing as boys stuff is on the outside and a girls, well... you get his drift.

I've heard when a lady looks up a mans kilt, she in for a gruesome sight... he he
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:45 am
That would be especially true for anyone looking up my kilt!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:26 am
If these men want the right to wear a skirt, I would not object, however, it is only common courtesy for them to follow simple rules when wearing one. They must always set nicely, knees together, or cross their legs, but definitely no straddling a chair when sitting.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:54 am
Looking pensively at my rugged, short, Scottish legs, it occurs to me that the last thing i would consider expending my energies upon would be the 'right' to wear a piece of clothing that exposes even more of them than would seem warranted; or as you Yanks would say, "the right to bear (bare) legs"! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 11:48 am
"bear legs" huh?

Perhaps you could shave them...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:12 pm
I am surprised that amidst the various wackos, purple tied-dyed trogs, spouting reactionaries of doom and the pierced-posted tattooed multitudes that anyone noticed a few men in dresses.

Oh wait. I just re-read the article. It was uptown not in the Village.

Never mind.

Joe
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:52 pm
Just think of the marketing potential for the fashion industry. Men now have basically three choices : 1) a suit, (black, brown or blue), 2) shirt and slacks w or w/o sweater (chinos, corduroy or jeans) or 3) sweats.

Bring in skirts and culottes, short length, knee length, A-lined or pleated all for men on the go. (Can you tell my wife is in the fashion industry?)
Wow, we double the market.

Joe
\
ps not for me. not in a million years. not if they dragged me by my ankles over the cobblestones. not even as a joke. not even as a member of a bagpipe band (which as everyone knows, the bagpipe was given to the British by the Irish as a joke as Brits haven't caught on yet..... but I digress) no never no no no no
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:00 pm
I had an acquaintance in my old home town who used to rollerskate at our boardwalk wearing a skirt and gloves.
He was a professor, very politically involved, tall and handsome, wore regular guy clothes the rest of the week. It was really no big deal, he was part of the scene.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:47 pm
whatever blows your skirt up ...is my general thought on what people wear in any regard...I would just rather my fella wear pants and I think thats fine as well
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:39 pm
I went to Fiji for a visit. The local fellahs all wear sulus, a wrap-around. There were even tailored models with a belt.

Nobody was calling them 'nancy-boy', I can tell you that!!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 06:08 pm
I dunno. After reading that story the only thing that came to mind was

"We're men! Men in tights..."
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:50 pm
There's this Eritrean guy in our network ... my colleague said that at some meeting the other time, he wore a skirt, and looked very handsome in it. I can imagine it, yeh. (And no, its nothing ethnic, he's just fashionable ! Wink

I've seen those long skirts in the high-fashion stores for men ... they looked pretty. I'd only ever wear a long one, cause my legs aint my best part. But I never have, anyway, mostly cause I dont feel like facing the shopping-centre comments on my way to the train station and so on ... not in this town <sighs>.
0 Replies