What's the right move?

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:34 am
I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years at Christmas. The split was amicable and I am not hung up on my ex. I have been enjoying my independence and single life, but now I am finding that I have fallen into a relationship and don't know what to do. I have been seeing a man for the past two months; recently it has become more serious and it is clear that he likes me and wants to develop a serious relationship. I like him too - I find him very attractive and enjoy talking and spending time with him. The problem is that I know that we are not suited long term - he has much less life experience than me and we have many opposing interests and tastes. But I do care about him and do not feel ready to stop seeing him altogether. I also don't want to hurt his feelings. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 484 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:39 am
@rosarose,
Seems to me your "problem" is that you are evaluating your current relationship in the light of your past relationship (s). All long term relationships involve compromise, partly due to the fact that everybody changes, and this gets more significant the older you get. IMO You need to decide to take that on board, or give up the idea of a long term relationship altogether.
0 Replies