What if Bales didn't act alone?

snood

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:41 pm
This story talks about several who were present at the time of the massacre who saw several other men during the atrocity that took the lives of 9 children.
What if the killing was a retaliation, and it is being covered up?

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10927844-child-witnesses-to-afghan-massacre-say-robert-bales-was-not-alone?fb_action_ids=194442800671440&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 989 • Replies: 18
No top replies

JPB

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:43 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

This story talks about several who were present at the time of the massacre who saw several other men during the atrocity that took the lives of 9 children.
What if the killing was a retaliation, and it is being covered up?

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10927844-child-witnesses-to-afghan-massacre-say-robert-bales-was-not-alone?fb_action_ids=194442800671440&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline

I didn't look at the link yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't alone and there was a cover up.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 07:43 pm
What would be different? Many Afghans, in my opinion, expect the U.S. to accept our soldiers dying, due to the backlash for the mistake of burning their holy book. And, if an illegal act was committed, due to the death of a number of our soldiers, what is the difference if it was committed by one person or more?

The only difference is, in my opinion, is that if it was only one person, a defense can be given for some sort of emotional imbalance, perhaps. But, if it was more than one person, it must be conspiratorial? Perhaps, it was a form of mass hysteria, if there was more than one person, conspiracy being only in the minds of some, in my opinion.

Also, the term "cover-up" implies that there was intent to hide facts. If there was more than one person responsible, who is to say that ineptitude resulted in only one person being in the news? I think we need Jack Webb from the old tv show Dragnet, since he always said, "Just the facts, Ma'am!"

maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 07:56 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie,

Do you accept Afghans dying?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 07:57 pm
I have read several articles in which it is claimed there were more than one, plus air cover.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:05 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Foofie,

Do you accept Afghans dying?

The question doesn't make sense. There might be an "inference" in the word "accept" that cannot be ascribed to me, as a private citizen. If you are questioning me about my feelings, they are non-sequitors to the thread. I do not personalize the thread, nor should anyone mind my business, my business having no consequence to the thread.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 10:38 pm
Does anyone remember MI LI, or was that before you paid attention to army propaganda.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:00 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

What would be different? Many Afghans, in my opinion, expect the U.S. to accept our soldiers dying, due to the backlash for the mistake of burning their holy book. And, if an illegal act was committed, due to the death of a number of our soldiers, what is the difference if it was committed by one person or more?

The only difference is, in my opinion, is that if it was only one person, a defense can be given for some sort of emotional imbalance, perhaps. But, if it was more than one person, it must be conspiratorial? Perhaps, it was a form of mass hysteria, if there was more than one person, conspiracy being only in the minds of some, in my opinion.

Also, the term "cover-up" implies that there was intent to hide facts. If there was more than one person responsible, who is to say that ineptitude resulted in only one person being in the news? I think we need Jack Webb from the old tv show Dragnet, since he always said, "Just the facts, Ma'am!"

Dang I thought I was jaded. Well... it would be different because I haven't yet lost all faith in every individual, ideal and ethic in the military I spent 20 years of my life in, and if there was a "revenge operation" that night so to speak, it would be a hell of a lot more devious, complicated and underhanded than just one lone nut going rogue.
demonhunter

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:05 pm
@snood,
Who is bales? TROLL yeah.
snood

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:20 pm
@demonhunter,
Dude, what's your deal? Do you seriously not know to whom we refer when we're talking about SSG Bales, the man accused of murdering over a dozen afghan civilians?
demonhunter

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:21 pm
@snood,
I thought you dont get into politics. TROLL.
snood

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:45 pm
@demonhunter,
Ohhh.... now I get it. You're a useless idiot, here to muck up the discussions. Eat my ignore, TROLL.
demonhunter

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:46 pm
@snood,
yummy. TROLL
demonhunter

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:47 pm
@demonhunter,
TROLL.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 07:50 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Dang I thought I was jaded. Well... it would be different because I haven't yet lost all faith in every individual, ideal and ethic in the military I spent 20 years of my life in, and if there was a "revenge operation" that night so to speak, it would be a hell of a lot more devious, complicated and underhanded than just one lone nut going rogue.

I'll match your "Dang," and raise you one "plumb tuckered out." I can't be concerned about this incident, since it is the U.S. government and U.S. Army that should address it. I will mind my own business. and just be grateful for living in the U.S. and having the lifestyle that goes with it. Besides, an argument can be made that this "incident," tragic though it is, is only one blip on the proverbial radar screen, in that the incident might be part of a clash between civilizations. Tune in in 100 years to see the conclusion. Ooops, I'll be dead and buried then. So, in the meantime I'll watch episodes of George Burns and Gracie Allen.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 08:31 am
@snood,
Just reported that one for spamming the threads.
snood

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 03:49 pm
@roger,
Good. Maybe the mods will get rid of 'im. We do still have moderators, don't we?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 03:52 pm
the last time i saw bales he wasn't acting alone, heath ledger was there, and gary oldman, and maggie the sad turtle (why couldn't tom let katie reprise her role), there were a bunch of actors
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:50 pm
I think it's a fair assumption that the killings were based on reatiliation.

Something triggered Bales and and Afgan "allies" turning on American soliders could easily be it.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out Bales wasn't alone, but this poor girl's account is hardly proof tof that.

Witness accounts are reliably unreliable and especially so when they are central to a traumatic event they are recounting.

There are plenty of Afghans who would like the story to be of an organized raid rather than a lone gunman, and I doubt many of them would allow something as trivial as the truth to get in their way.

Bales could be willing to take the fall for others than might have been involved, but you can be fairly certain that his lawyer has asked him whether or not others were involved and told him he might have a better chance of keeping him from an execution if he can portray him as a scapegoat.

If others were involved I wouldn't be surprised if Bales cracks at some point.

In any case it's going to take more evidence than this story contains to convince me there were others involved and that a cover-up is at work.

If there is a cover-up, it's hard to imagine it doesn't involve the top brass and civilian administration.
0 Replies