Could anyone correct my composition please? Thanks a lot

james8

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:57 am
"I knew that if he didn't see me I had a good chance of escaping." That was the crucial moment. All the bad moments were passing along my head.
I still remembered when I arrived at this small but lovely village with all my desires in doing my best to help. At the beginning, I was going to stay only three months to help inhabitants to reconstruct the county after the earthquake but finally I compromise more deeply in that isolated place. Everything was going perfectly and both parts, the citizens and me, loved each others.
Suddenly, things began to change with the arrival of that military group. They assure us protection against foreigners and education and meal for all the children. Anything was true. They began to force us to work very hardly, even more than human possibilities, in their marihuana plantations. When I understood their whole plan I invited them to leave, then I was arrested and jailed.
After months of suffering, I found that night as my last opportunity to escape and of course to survive. All my movements had been planed carefully, I only bring with myself a paper with every indications.
Now I was near the last guard. As I was approaching to him, beads of sweat run all over my face. The indication was clear: walking carefully behind him without doing any noise and if I was detected I would have to beat him.
I went off the escape. Those nights in the jail which I spent preparing my strategy were worthy. The next step was clear, to release the village.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 5
No top replies

james8

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
@james8,
please...
Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:20 pm
@james8,
"I knew that if he {who is he - the guard?} didn't see me, I stood a good chance of escaping." {Why is this sentence in quotes? Who is speaking this to whom?} That was the crucial moment. All those bad moments passed through my mind.

I still remember when I arrived at this small but lovely village with all my desires for doing my best to help. At the beginning, I was going to stay only three months to help inhabitants to reconstruct the county {do you mean country here?} after the earthquake but finally I compromised more deeply in that isolated place. Everything was going perfectly well so that both parties, the citizens and me, loved each other {not others}.

Suddenly, things began to change upon the arrival of that military group. They assured us protection against foreigners as well as education and meals for all the children. Anything was possible {better word choice than true}. They began to force us to work very hard in their marihuana plantations, far greater than what seemed humanly possible. When I understood their whole plan, I invited them to leave; however, at that point I was arrested and jailed.

After months of suffering, I found that night time was my last and best opportunity to escape and {eliminate phrase ‘of course’} to survive. I planned all my movements carefully, having only brought with me a paper with my notes {map? ... or planned escape route?}.

At the point where I approached the last guard, beads of sweat ran all over my face. My plan to proceed was clear: walk carefully behind him without making any noise, but if he detected me, I would have to beat him.

I proceeded with the escape. Those nights in the jail preparing my strategy were worthwhile. The next step was clear - to release the village.

{What do you mean ‘release the village’? Do you mean you will free them from the military? You’ll need to explain more clearly as I can’t sort that out.}
james8

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 06:54 am
@Ragman,
Thank you
Ragman

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
@james8,
You're quite welcome. I hope it truly was a help. I'm not sure if English is your first language or not. I think I saw somewhere you're from Spain? Were you able to understand my critique?
james8

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 05:15 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, I am from Spain. I'm trying to learn more English for work and because I love it. I want to thank you for all your help.
0 Replies