size three for woman shoes in Canada

Nancy88

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:26 am
In my reading, I read across a woman who wore size three shoes in Canada. What is the size in US terms?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,446 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:33 am
@Nancy88,
Shoe sizes are the same in Canada and the US.
Nancy88

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:42 am
@Ceili,
What's the size in China then?
Ragman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:12 am
@Nancy88,
UK sizes shoes differently than USA but not differently in Canada. A 3 in UK Womn's size shoes is equivalent to a size 5 in USA. That same size 3 in UK is a 35 in European women's size.
Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:23 am
@Nancy88,
Why don't you ask someone from China?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 04:26 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

UK sizes shoes differently than USA but not differently in Canada. .

Somehow that looks confusing in re-reading. I mean to say that USA and Canada size shoes the same.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:38 am
http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/a/wintshoesize.htm
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:46 am
@Nancy88,
A size three shoe in Canada is generally not a woman's shoe - it is a girl's shoe. Generally, women's shoe sizes start at 5 in Canada.

In regard to the Chinese sizing, the chart linked to earlier is about right, though I find I have to go up at least 1, sometimes 2 sizes, in shoes built to a Chinese last.
Ragman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:50 am
@ehBeth,
My dear 60+yr-old lady friend is a size 4 and though she has a hard time finding a women's 4, she still can find them in Canada and US. Stores generally don't stock very many in her size and it usually requires her ordering the size 4.
0 Replies

Nancy88

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:07 am
@Ragman,
When did Canada adopt the American code in the size of shoes?
The book was talking about a story which took place in the 1930s, so did Canada follow the UK code in shoe sizes during that period of time? Is it possible?
0 Replies

Nancy88

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:08 am
@ehBeth,
When did Canada adopt the American code in the size of shoes?
The book was talking about a story which took place in the 1930s, so did Canada follow the UK code in shoe sizes during that period of time? Is it possible?
Nancy88

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:08 am
@Phoenix32890,
It so kind of you.
Thank you!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:23 am
@Nancy88,
You can buy shoes in Canada which follow the European, UK and American sizing conventions. It is possible that in the 1930's more of the shoes bought in Canada came from Europe or the U.K. than from the U.S.
Ragman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 09:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Likewise, you can buy shoes in USA with EU sizing, particularly recreational shoes...cycling skiing, etc. This is especially true of those shoes from Italy. For example most of the cycling shoes are in EU sizing - even Japanese shoes are EU sized.

So, likewise in Canada, shoes from others countries are currently available and sold with EU and other region's foreign sizing.

Designer fashion shoes, such as Gina, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin and Gucci, are mainly French and Italian and use european sizing

Here's a link to Wiki article on history of shoe sizing:

http://www.internationalshoesizes.com/us-shoe-sizes.htm

"The sizing system in England is one size different than the American system in width as well as length. The English system starts at 0 and the American system starts at 1. The American shoe sizing system is used to produce shoes for the U.S and Puerto Rico, parts of Asia and Africa, the Caribbean Islands and sometimes for Canada."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size
0 Replies