The politics of hoodie wearing

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:28 pm
@oralloy,

boomerang wrote:
BillRM wrote:
If Trayvon had gone home instead of attacking Zimmerman he would be 18 by now and enjoying his life the one responsible for Trayvon death is Trayvon not Zimmerman.

That's what he was trying to do!
oralloy wrote:

Do you have any evidence that Trayvon didn't double back
and attack Zimmerman after Zimmerman halted his pursuit?
That WAS the testimony.
Zimmy was confronted, challenged and smacked in the face,
prior to having his head being beaten on the cement;
an ideal reason to blast the offender.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
repo persons are taught to avoid confrontation above all else.

it's only a vehicle...
Thay cud get shot. (Excuse me for stating the obvious.)

David
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Convenient for you to forget why Zimmerman (a bigger stronger and older man) was having his banged into the ground. I'd choose the exact same defensive tactic if I was challenged and accosted by a nut job like Zimmerman for no apparent reason. What was the root cause for the conflict and escalation in the first place?

I'll say this for you ... even though your argument has no basis in truth or logic, ... you're consistent.
boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That WAS the testimony.

Zimmerman testified?

That's news.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:38 pm
@boomerang,
Nope. You're correct. Zimmerman did not testify. There you go again, making sense and bringing facts into this. Keep it up and you'll be challenged with emotion and hysteria again.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:46 pm
@Ragman,
Strange as I do not remember a claimed of Zimmerman challenging anyone. Following but not challenging.

However it is nice to know that when I was walking around neighborhoods knocking on doors and leaving notes on doors during my work for the 2010 census when someone challenge me as they did from time to time instead of cheerfully IDing myself I could have beaten them up instead.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:48 pm
@Ragman,
Zimmerman statements to police however was shown in court.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Strange as I do not remember a claimed of Zimmerman challenging anyone

He killed the the only guy who could contradict him.

How convenient!
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:53 pm
@boomerang,
Well if Trayvon had not decided to go back and attacked Zimmerman he would still be alive today.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Behave in what way?

I think he is referring to Trayvon pounding Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk.

I believe Reasoning Logic is suggesting that if Trayvon had seen that Zimmerman was wearing a "neighborhood watch uniform", then Trayvon would not have engaged in violence against Zimmerman (and therefore would not have been shot in turn).

Ragman wrote:
challenged him for the offense of 'walking while being black'?

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman challenged Trayvon?
oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Convenient for you to forget why Zimmerman (a bigger stronger and older man) was having his banged into the ground. I'd choose the exact same defensive tactic if I was challenged and accosted by a nut job like Zimmerman for no apparent reason.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman either challenged or accosted Trayvon?

(For what it's worth, I would recommend not reacting that way.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 07:03 pm
@oralloy,
Well, why on earth would Zimmerman have followed him, if not to challenge him. Possibly you don't acknowledge that he did follow him, but otherwise, there just had to be a purpose.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 08:31 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Well, why on earth would Zimmerman have followed him, if not to challenge him. Possibly you don't acknowledge that he did follow him, but otherwise, there just had to be a purpose

To be able to direct the police to where he happen to be perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It he had wished to challenge Trayvon directly as a matter of fact he would not had been trying his best to get the cops on site.
roger

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 09:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

To be able to direct the police to where he happen to be perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suuure!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:15 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
He killed the the only guy who could contradict him.
How convenient!

Such is a homicide case. It always boils down to whether the state can come up with evidence that proves the accused is guilty.

Based on the responses to some of my questions about what was presented at the trial, it doesn't look like the state came up with any such evidence in this case.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Well, why on earth would Zimmerman have followed him, if not to challenge him. Possibly you don't acknowledge that he did follow him, but otherwise, there just had to be a purpose.

Well if I'm to speculate, it was pretty clear from his 911 call that Zimmerman was trying to sic the police on Trayvon. In order to do that, he would have to know where Trayvon was when the police arrived. It wouldn't do much good to just tell the police "He ran that way about 20 minutes ago."
roger

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:52 pm
@oralloy,
Didn't sound at all like they either needed or wanted that kind of help, and no, I'm not going back through umpty ump pages of trial thread to save you the trouble.
oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:34 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Didn't sound at all like they either needed or wanted that kind of help,

Perhaps. But the fact remains, no one has presented any evidence that Zimmerman was trying to confront Trayvon.

roger wrote:
and no, I'm not going back through umpty ump pages of trial thread to save you the trouble.

Save me what trouble?
roger

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:30 am
@oralloy,
The trouble of doing it yourself and answering your own question.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:35 am
I suggest you go back and look at the testimony considering his call with his friend when Zimmerman came upon him. You guys keep talking about the unlikelihood of Zimmerman's confronting Tryavon with the police on the way. I suggest you consider the unlikelihood of Trayvon confronting Zimmerman while he was on the phone with his perhaps-girlfriend, who had counseled him to AVOID a confrontation by running away, which he did.