The politics of hoodie wearing

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 01:17 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Except Zimmerman's testimony starts to fall apart if you believe that. He claimed he was walking back to his vehicle when Martin approached him.

Maybe he was. Or maybe the intensity of the confrontation confused him when it came to recalling some details.

Doesn't really matter. I was asked to speculate, so I speculated.

parados wrote:
What is interesting is when Zimmerman claims he was trying to get away from Martin. Zimmerman's back would have been to his vehicle according to his testimony. Instead of retreating toward his vehicle, Zimmerman's testimony is that in attempting to get away from Martin he went almost 30 feet in the direction that Martin would have been blocking. Why didn't Zimmerman head toward his vehicle if he was trying to get away from Martin? Zimmerman knew police would be arriving at his vehicle.

I have no knowledge about what direction Trayvon was blocking, and this is the first I've heard of Zimmerman going 30 feet in any direction after coming face to face with Trayvon.

As for heading to his vehicle, was he even aware what direction his vehicle was in? He had been focused on tailing Trayvon at least up to the point where the dispatcher said they didn't need him to do that, and he was in someone's back yard. Did he even know where he was at that point? And did he have any chance of escape (in any direction) once he was face to face with Trayvon?
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 01:23 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
roger wrote:
Nice. If I were on trial, I would surely like to have the jury be on a first name basis with me, too.

Oh so you would had feel better if she ID Zimmerman as Zimmerman instead of George and how about the fact that she used Trayvon first name not Martin also?
Seems she prefer first names and you are so short of things to try to discredit the jury verdict that you need to focus on her used of both of their first names?

I tend to use Trayvon's first name and Zimmerman's last because they seem more unique.

If I started referring to "George" I'd feel like I wasn't being clear who I was talking about.

(Not really relevant to that juror, but since you were talking of first verses last names, it made me think of my own practice when referring to this case.)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:07 am
@BillRM,
Yes, it is legal in Florida to shoot an unarmed person.
parados

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:12 am
@oralloy,
Clearly you haven't looked at the map or the video of Zimmerman's testimony if you make such claims.

Zimmerman was on a sidewalk that was a cut across to the other street. That sidewalk was where he claimed he used to find a street sign on the next street over. That sidewalk was where he claimed Martin confronted him. That sidewalk led directly back to his car.

There was another sidewalk 90 degrees to the sidewalk that went behind the houses. Martin was killed 30 feet down that sidewalk. It was not on the way to the other street. It was not on the way back to Zimmerman's car from looking for a street sign.

But now you are arguing that Zimmerman was tailing Martin. Do you bother to check your contradictions? Why do I even ask that question. Contradictions clearly don't matter to you. You simply change the story more than Zimmerman.
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:34 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Clearly you haven't looked at the map or the video of Zimmerman's testimony if you make such claims.

You know very well that I have. You linked the map for me.

parados wrote:
Zimmerman was on a sidewalk that was a cut across to the other street. That sidewalk was where he claimed he used to find a street sign on the next street over. That sidewalk was where he claimed Martin confronted him. That sidewalk led directly back to his car.

According to the map, he was nowhere near any such place.

parados wrote:
There was another sidewalk 90 degrees to the sidewalk that went behind the houses. Martin was killed 30 feet down that sidewalk. It was not on the way to the other street. It was not on the way back to Zimmerman's car from looking for a street sign.

Yes. That is where he was, not what you described in the previous paragraph.

parados wrote:
But now you are arguing that Zimmerman was tailing Martin.

Well, it seems pretty clear that, up to the point where the dispatcher advised that they didn't need him to do that, he was.

parados wrote:
Do you bother to check your contradictions?

How could I possibly check something that doesn't exist?

parados wrote:
You simply change the story more than Zimmerman.

It is unlikely that you can find any event of me "changing the story".

However, since I was merely complying with a request that I speculate, I can't see that there would be anything wrong with changing things around. It's just highly unlikely that you can point out an occurrence of me doing so.
parados

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 11:31 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
According to the map, he was nowhere near any such place.

According to Zimmerman's video testimony to police he WAS. Are you telling us Zimmerman lied to the police?

The map shows a T in the sidewalk. Zimmerman walked across the top of that T to the far street, then walked back across it and was accosted by Martin when on that sidewalk. According to Zimmerman he was on that top of the T when the dispatcher told him to stop following Martin. He then somehow ended up 30 feet down the other sidewalk when he shot Martin.
BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 12:03 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Perhaps you can tell us all why it should not be legal to used deadly force to stop an unarmed man from killing you.

Or are you claiming that people have not killed others without a use of a weapon?

Not to mention that Zimmerman claim that after getting him on the ground and slugging him and pounding his head on the sidewalk and interfering with his ability to breathe the poor child try to seized his gun.

So once more why should it be illegal to killed an unarmed person who is attacking you to the point your life is at risk?

Footnote I am a fairly large male and I am fairly sure there are a very large percent of all women I could killed with my bare hands and a fair percents of others males I could also killed without being armed if I got mad enough.
parados

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 12:16 pm
@BillRM,
If only Florida kept the same standard for everyone

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/stand-ground-case-raises-specter-racial-double-standard-article-1.1399073

It's legal to shoot someone and kill them. It's not legal if you don't shoot and kill them.
BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 12:27 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Perhaps due to the fact that it was not consider a self defense situation by a jury of her peers and the Zimmerman Jury did consider that he acted in self defense?

By the way you have not explain why it should not be legal to used deadly force on an unarmed person who is placing someone life at risk by an unarmed attack.
parados

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 01:49 pm
@BillRM,
I think I just did only you can't seem to see it.
BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 02:50 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I think I just did only you can't seem to see it.

No I do not see how it matter if someone killed or attempted to killed another person with a gun or bare hands it all one and the same thing.

An you have the same rights of self defense.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:12 pm
@parados,
Come on Parados. That stuff was in the past. We all know there isent racial bias in the south. The supremes have declared that this is no longer true. Get real bud!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:18 pm
Pitiful indeed.

Note that the tip line have not been given. I will need to find this tip line to give them a tip or two.

Quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/17/doj-seeking-tips-in-zimmerman-probe/

More than a year after an FBI report indicated there was no evidence of racial bias in George Zimmerman's history, the Justice Department is trolling for email tips on the former neighborhood watch volunteer as it weighs a possible federal civil rights case against him.
Amid pressure from the NAACP and several Democratic lawmakers to pursue Zimmerman, the department has set up a public email address asking for any tips or information regarding the case. The move appears to mark an expansion of the probe, after Attorney General Eric Holder said in an address Tuesday to the NAACP that his department would "consider all available information" before deciding whether to move forward.
The department also held a conference call with civil rights leaders on Monday.
The conference call included DOJ officials, along with representatives from the FBI and federal prosecutors. They spoke to civil rights leaders from Sanford, Fla., as well as others from around the country.
The call was convened by Tom Perez, assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division.
A Justice official told Fox News that both the conference call and the email address asking for tips and information are fairly standard procedure when dealing with a high-profile investigation such as this one. The department has used such tip lines in the past, including in a probe last year of the Albuquerque, N.M., police department.
Some attorneys and analysts have cautioned that Holder would have a difficult time bringing a civil rights case against Zimmerman, particularly since the investigation so far is thought to have turned up no evidence or claims that Zimmerman exhibited racial bias. Martin was black.
But other lawmakers appear to have already made up their mind.
"We do know that Mr. Martin's civil rights have been violated," Rep. Corrine Brown, D-Fla., said, as other members of the Congressional Black Caucus voiced similar views.
Holder has meanwhile gone beyond pursuing the investigation in the wake of the acquittal. On Tuesday, he also criticized "stand-your-ground" laws, which allow individuals to use lethal force when they believe their lives are in danger -- even if they have the option of fleeing.
The NRA criticized Holder for the comments, saying self-defense is a "fundamental human right."
Holder also, in his address to the NAACP, recounted his own past experiences with racial profiling.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/17/doj-seeking-tips-in-zimmerman-probe/#ixzz2ZL7tUsiI
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 04:14 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
According to Zimmerman's video testimony to police he WAS. Are you telling us Zimmerman lied to the police?

No. I was complying with a request for speculation. My speculation is in no way a Statement Of Absolute Truth. It is merely speculation. That someone's claims differ with my speculation should not be considered evidence that their statements are untrue.

And like I already said:
"Or maybe the intensity of the confrontation confused him when it came to recalling some details."

Even if his statement is untrue, not every untrue statement is a lie.

parados wrote:
The map shows a T in the sidewalk. Zimmerman walked across the top of that T to the far street, then walked back across it and was accosted by Martin when on that sidewalk. According to Zimmerman he was on that top of the T when the dispatcher told him to stop following Martin. He then somehow ended up 30 feet down the other sidewalk when he shot Martin.

According to my speculation, he was already in that back yard when he broke off his pursuit.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:22 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

BillRM wrote:
Perhaps you can tell us all why it should not be legal
to used deadly force to stop an unarmed man from killing you.
Yes, or a rapist cawt in flagrante delicto.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:31 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/stand-ground-case-raises-specter-racial-double-standard-article-1.1399073

It's legal to shoot someone and kill them. It's not legal if you don't shoot and kill them.
Note that your cited case is 1OO% black
alleged perp and alleged victims; no whites, no racism.
This might well be the first time that u and I have agreed
about anything. I join in recognizing the egregious error
in the incarceration of Marissa. There was no reason to prosecute her.

She shud be released and compensated.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Yes, or a rapist cawt in flagrante delicto.

In Forida a rape is consider a forcible felony and you are free to used deadly force to stop it at once.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 08:40 am
@BillRM,
You seem to be obsessed with killing something. But I am sure your only obsessed with your second constitution rights. Right?
BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 08:59 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You seem to be obsessed with killing something. But I am sure your only obsessed with your second constitution rights. Right?

All the rights in the bill of rights and if you had read even a small percents of all my postings you would had known that.

I am not for killings however I am sure the hell for the right of self defense up to deadly force when someone is trying to killed you.

An that right is independent of the skin colors of all the actors involved.
parados

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 09:26 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
No. I was complying with a request for speculation. My speculation is in no way a Statement Of Absolute Truth. It is merely speculation. That someone's claims differ with my speculation should not be considered evidence that their statements are untrue.

When your speculation goes against known facts it isn't very realistic speculation, is it?

Quote:

According to my speculation, he was already in that back yard when he broke off his pursuit.
Which goes against what Zimmerman told the police and the defense told the jury and it would have required that he just stood around in the backyard for several minutes.