The politics of hoodie wearing

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:28 am
@boomerang,
Such illogical emotionalism is driving most of these conversations. If Zimmerman had started the fight, he would have been convicted. If he'd been sitting on top of Trayvon, he'd be awaiting sentencing. I wish the kid wasn't dead, but his decision to become violent in the situation is why he's dead.

I hope fervently that laws will change as a result that 1. make it illegal for Neighborhood Watch people to carry guns and 2. for them to disregard police directions when they call in a report.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:30 am
@boomerang,
I take it that you did not listen to it all? His older brother wanted him to teach him how to fight.
A girl told him he need to stop all the fighting but he seem to have a fascination for fighting. Don't you think that maybe one day someone will bring a gun to a fight? I guess trayvon did not think about that one.
boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:34 am
@reasoning logic,
Didn't Zimmerman go to some MMA school?

Sounds like he was more obsessed with fighting than Martin....

Mr. B is teaching Mo to box.

I've known a lot of people, women especially, who have gone to self defense classes to learn how to fight.

Since when is learning to fight the hallmark of bad intentions?
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:35 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
Florida and start a fight. Then when I shoot them I can say I was just defending myself.

Zimmerman started a fight by following Trayvon on public streets and Trayvon should had have the right to attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman should had lost his rights of self defense in your strange universe.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:35 am
@Lash,
I do think laws should change. I think that Neighborhood Watch people should have to wear a vest appointed by the local police that identifies them as such. and should have to take a course about what they can and can not do.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:36 am
@boomerang,
Learning isn't the problem - picking fights with a lot of people is.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:37 am
@reasoning logic,
Very good ideas.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:37 am
@boomerang,
Quote:

Since when is learning to fight the hallmark of bad intentions?

I never said it was, What I said is "it seems as if you did not watch the whole video. and if you did what is your excuse?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:39 am
@Lash,
I'm not really illogical or emotional about it. I trust the jury system. They heard things I didn't. What I am is completely disgusted with this law.

We were talking about this over dinner the other night and I was wondering...

If I felt that I was being followed and I couldn't get to my destination without a confrontation, even if I had to instigate the confrontation, and I killed the person pursuing me, who was armed -- would I be standing my ground?

Doesn't stand your ground allow one to ... ummm.... stand their ground?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:39 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
He skipped school! He's a gangsta'.

He turn and attacked a man who was legally following him and try to do great harm or killed Zimmerman.

So you wish to live in a world where if someone annoyed you by doing such things as following you then you have a right of assaulting that person?

Lot of people over the decades had annoyed me and I never felt free to attacked them over it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:41 am
@BillRM,
No. I'm staying Trayvon didn't lose his right to self defense when being followed by an armed man.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:49 am
@boomerang,
Self defense as going up to Zimmerman and hitting in the face and after knocking him onto the ground then pounding away on top of him.

Not a damn mark on Trayvon but the bullet wound and where he had damage his hands in hittings Zimmerman.

No question of who was that attacker and who was the victim.

The only thing that prevented Zimmerman from being greatly harm or killed was that Zimmerman did have a gun on him thank god.

If Trayvon had indeed killed or greatly harm Zimmerman it would had hardly made the local news.
boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:56 am
@BillRM,
You know what else couldn't have prevented Zimmerman from great harm?

1. Minding his own business!
2. Staying in his car!
3. Listening to the advice of the 911 operator!

You're right -- it hardly would have made the local news because Martin would be in jail, probably for life. Just another dreary day in Florida.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:57 am
@boomerang,
Boomer - yes, this post of yours is highly emotional and illogical.

Quote:
What I've learned from all this is that if I ever want to kill someone all I'll have to do is take them to Florida and start a fight. Then when I shoot them I can say I was just defending myself.

I especially hate all this "he wasn't a child he was 17". Following someone on the street might not be illegal but neither is being a teenager.

If you're a teenager, you're a suspect.

If you're a black, male teenager, heaven help you.

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:05 am
@Lash,
We'll have to agree to disagree.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:19 am
@boomerang,
Sorry but being annoying to others is neither a crime or a reason to assault someone nor does if take away the man right of self defense when attacked.

If Trayvon had gone home instead of attacking Zimmerman he would be 18 by now and enjoying his life the one responsible for Trayvon death is Trayvon not Zimmerman.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:23 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If Zimmerman had started the fight, he would have been convicted.

Because we all know white southerns never lie about events, and the South has never gotten verdicts wrong before.
boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:25 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
If Trayvon had gone home instead of attacking Zimmerman he would be 18 by now and enjoying his life the one responsible for Trayvon death is Trayvon not Zimmerman.

That's what he was trying to do!
Kolyo

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:27 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

What I've learned from all this is that if I ever want to kill someone all I'll have to do is take them to Florida and start a fight. Then when I shoot them I can say I was just defending myself.

You forgot the part about bringing friends of yours (people from your racial / socioeconomic category will suffice) to serve as defense witnesses after the killing.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:39 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
That's what he was trying to do!

This does seem likely true but If I am not mistaken all of the jurors found Zimmerman innocent. It seems that it was something that happen to take place on his way home.

If I am not mistaken one of the women were black so I do not think that race was a motive for the verdict.