The politics of hoodie wearing

BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 05:46 am
@parados,
Yes there is hidden evidences that Zimmerman was the only mixed race Latin person ever allow into the KKK.

This is a political prosecution and had been from it start.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:19 am
@hawkeye10,
<yawn>

This ignores that they can ask for convictions on lesser charges.

That author also forgot to bring up other red herrings. For example, Zimmerman was breathing. That's definitely not illegal. And he walked on the ground. That's not illegal. And he drove a car. I presume he has a driver's license, so that's not illegal. I'm sure there's a whole host of behaviors he engaged in that are not illegal.

Unfortunately the fact that one action is not illegal does not proffer immunity for other actions that are illegal.

Zimmerman has confessed to shooting Trayvon Martin. That means Zimmerman has to show that he did so in self defense or that he's protected by the stand-your-ground law.
parados

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 05:29 am
@BillRM,
The evidence is Zimmerman's statements. Why do you insist on ignoring known facts and making up your own Bill?
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:51 am
@parados,
The dissonance is freakin amazing.......
JTT

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 10:18 am
@snood,
Quote:

As one who is well versed in dissonance, Snood, we'll certainly take your word for it.

But the cognitive dissonance on this issue can't even begin to compare, it's not even in the same solar system, with the dissonance that you and your fellow brain wanderers regularly display on all manner of US terrorism, war crimes, the acceptance of the phantasmagorical 9-11 official report, ... .

Isn't your inability to recognize your incredible hypocrisy another example of this same dissonance?

And your signature line,

"...one lie is as good as another to someone who can't admit a mistake . . ."

coming from, of all people, Setanta. Jaysus keeerist!

Really, Snood, ask yourself - what is freakin' amazing?
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 08:19 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

As one who is well versed in dissonance, Snood, we'll certainly take your word for it.

But the cognitive dissonance on this issue can't even begin to compare, it's not even in the same solar system, with the dissonance that you and your fellow brain wanderers regularly display on all manner of US terrorism, war crimes, the acceptance of the phantasmagorical 9-11 official report, ... .

Isn't your inability to recognize your incredible hypocrisy another example of this same dissonance?

And your signature line,

"...one lie is as good as another to someone who can't admit a mistake . . ."

coming from, of all people, Setanta. Jaysus keeerist!

Really, Snood, ask yourself - what is freakin' amazing?

The sig line is supposed to be ironic, Einstein.

Do you have any idea how insane, I mean drooling, running-down-the-street-talking-to-yourself creepy, your penchant for diverting all topics to the same diatribe is?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:09 am
Quote:
But on Friday, a new judge in the second degree murder case against George Zimmerman, the 29-year-old volunteer watchman accused of profiling, accosting, and then murdering an unarmed Martin on Feb. 26, made a major ruling that could alter that image.

Circuit Court Judge Debra Nelson allowed, with limitations, defense attorneys to dig deep into Martin’s social media scribblings and school records to determine whether the boy had a violent streak that may have put Zimmerman into a self-defense stance.

Whether any evidence dug up by Zimmerman’s defense team ever makes it to the media or the public will be up to Judge Nelson. But the ruling opens up a major new break in what’s shaping up to be an emotional, heart-wrenching trial that will explore not just Zimmerman’s guilt, but the extent to which race played into both Zimmerman’s actions and decisions by police in the aftermath.

“I have had anecdotal evidence that there were videos out there suggesting that [Martin] involved himself in MMA (mixed martial arts) fighting, he had an experience level with that,” Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said after Friday’s court hearing. “I think the judge hit it on head … that reputation for violence is an issue in this case.”

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/1020/George-Zimmerman-judge-OKs-question-Who-was-the-real-Trayvon-Martin

As I thought Zimmerman has himself a good lawyer....and I think it was Gunga who has been going on and on about evidence that Martin had a history of violence. It seems that we are going to find out if he did, and maybe did provoke Zimmerman.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:19 am
@hawkeye10,
If he had a hobby of Mixed Martial Arts,
then he might well have been very happy -- thrilled
to have an opportunity to USE them in the real world and brag later.

He did not know that Zimmy had the presence of mind to be armed
( a little bit -- it was only a 9mm pistol -- not much more than a BB gun ).

David
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Whatever the situation, it proved adequate.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Martin's family is of course whining about what they call victim bashing (them having already decided who was the victim here even though the evidence that we have access to is inconclusive) , though in the link a law expert claims that the judge is following the law.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 06:54 am
Another Florida teenager was shot and the killer is trying to use the stand your ground law: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fatal-shooting-of-florida-teenager-over-loud-music-ignites-comparisons-to-trayvon-martin-case/2012/11/30/54841196-3ad4-11e2-9258-ac7c78d5c680_story.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:47 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Zimmerman has confessed to shooting Trayvon Martin. That means Zimmerman has to show that he did so in self defense or that he's protected by the stand-your-ground law.

http://gma.yahoo.com/zimmerman-stuns-court-waives-stand-ground-hearing-trayvon-162305101--abc-news-topstories.html

Quote:
George Zimmerman's attorneys stunned court observers Tuesday when they waived their client's right to a "Stand Your Ground" hearing slated for April that might have led to a dismissal of the charges in the shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin a year ago.

However, the defense lawyers didn't say whether they would waive the immunity hearing outright. They left open the possibility for that hearing to be rolled into Zimmerman's second degree murder trial. Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch captain in his Florida subdivision, shot and killed the teen, who was visiting a house in the area.

The move allows the defense more time to prepare for the trial this summer, but also raises the stakes.

Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law entitles a person to use deadly force if he believes his life is threatened, and absolves them of an obligation to retreat from a confrontation, even if retreat is possible.

In recent weeks, the Zimmerman defense has suffered several legal setbacks. Judge Debra Nelson has ruled in favor of the state that Zimmerman's bail conditions should not be loosened, and that Trayvon Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump was not required to sit for a deposition about his interactions with the state's most important witness, a young woman who was the last known person to speak with Trayvon Martin before his death on February 26 2012.

It was the defense's legal maneuvering which put Judge Nelson on the bench in this murder trial. Last summer Zimmerman's team successfully argued that the previous judge, Kenneth Lester, was unfit to preside over the trial after a caustic bail ruling where he blasted Zimmerman for misleading the court about his financial situation.

Lola

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
This trial should be interesting this Summer. One thing that is clear from the tapes that I heard when they were played on news coverage programs at the time, the police told Zimmerman to stop following Martin and they would take care of it. I think maybe, just maybe, Zimmerman wishes he had taken their advice. I know Martin's parents wish he had.
BillRM

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:26 am
@Lola,
First 911 operators are not and never had been police officers.

Second there was no orders given only the comment you do not need to do that in relationship to following Trayvon.

But what the hell this kind of false and untruth information is common in this case up to the point of two major news organizations editing the 911 tape.

The fact is if Trayvon had not attacked Zimmerman that night he would had already been enjoying his 18 birthday and nothing Zimmerman did or did not do that night gave Trayvon a license to assault him or would result in Zimmerman losing his rights of self defense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 10:11 pm
@Lola,
Lola wrote:
This trial should be interesting this Summer. One thing that is clear from the tapes that I heard when they were played on news coverage programs at the time, the police told Zimmerman to stop following Martin and they would take care of it. I think maybe, just maybe, Zimmerman wishes he had taken their advice. I know Martin's parents wish he had.

Who says he didn't take their advice?

Is there any evidence that he continued to follow Trayvon after the dispatcher said they didn't need him to do that?
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 09:25 am
@oralloy,
the fact that he was in the same place as Martin in each step of the way and he even admitted his stalking to the dispatcher. This is like a timeline.
I don't think that, with a competent prosecution, this fact would have been missed.
BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 09:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
he even admitted his stalking to the dispatcher

You can follow anyone on a public streets all you care to and that fact even if you call it stalking does not give the other person the right to turned and attacked you nor does it take away your rights of self defense.

If Trayvon had any concerns about Zimmerman following he could had called 911 himself or just gone home for that matter.

This was a political trial from the very beginning.

PS as far as Trayvon being a child those who label him such should have a 17 years old attacking him or her and ending up on top of them slugging away.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:11 am
What I've learned from all this is that if I ever want to kill someone all I'll have to do is take them to Florida and start a fight. Then when I shoot them I can say I was just defending myself.

I especially hate all this "he wasn't a child he was 17". Following someone on the street might not be illegal but neither is being a teenager.

If you're a teenager, you're a suspect.

If you're a black, male teenager, heaven help you.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:16 am
@boomerang,
I am not sure that I would agree with all that.

I think it sucks that all conversations should not be allowed in court.

Here is info that I was not aware of "were you?

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:26 am
@reasoning logic,
OMG!

He skipped school! He's a gangsta'.

If skipping school makes someone a gangster I'm Al Capone.