Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:41 pm
what is love according to u?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,979 • Replies: 37

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 02:26 pm
We can talk about the chemical or about evolution or about the joy from the chemical, or either on what is good in goodness which is nothing but still is good and perfect...now please which one are you asking reformulate your question and give us an opinion...if you want to know what others think start by being polite and say what you think of it...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:25 pm
I don't know, but I know it when I see it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:48 pm
@Priyanka Das,
I've always wondered why people ask this question, because there are so many different forms of love with different categories of people.

Familial Love
Platonic Love
Passionate Love
Intimate Love
Soul Deep Love
Friendship Love
Pleasurable Love
Ecstatic Love

And then there are all the words that are so very similar to love : Cherish, Enjoy, Sentimental, Warm, sympathetic, Tuned in, 'a deep connection', admire etc

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:54 pm
@vikorr,
Are you trying to keep up with the thread´s intrinsic banal value ?
I am certain you can make an effort to come up with something slightly more interesting then that Vik...I have seen far better then this from you...

Its incredible how much people love to thumb up the usual pocket cliché...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:58 pm
...no good did goes unpunished...and speaking the truth is clearly overwhelming, who cares we are in a philosophy forum anyway... Laughing
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I suppose is not much to ask to ad to the great list the love of mediocrity and the love of idiocy is it ?
0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:52 am
@Priyanka Das,
God is love. This is both according to me and according to Him.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 05:23 am
@demonhunter,
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 05:45 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

I've always wondered why people ask this question, because there are so many different forms of love with different categories of people.

Familial Love
Platonic Love
Passionate Love
Intimate Love
Soul Deep Love
Friendship Love
Pleasurable Love
Ecstatic Love

And then there are all the words that are so very similar to love : Cherish, Enjoy, Sentimental, Warm, sympathetic, Tuned in, 'a deep connection', admire etc

Qualified love is not love... If I say property rights you know I am refering to something other than rights which all can enjoy equally... A road apple is not an apple... An Osage orange is not an orange... Do you see what I mean...

The common element of all love is caring... You can always tell when couples still love, because then they will hate when they break apart... When they no longer care, the relationship is done...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 05:49 am
@demonhunter,
demonhunter wrote:

God is love. This is both according to me and according to Him.
Love is an abstraction of a certain feeling unique in experience to all of us; but to say that love is not love, and God is love means you have abstracted the abstraction of love into another abstraction...What each of these have in common is that they are moral forms, that is, they are meaning without being...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:17 am
@Fido,
Being equals Form, that which is the case to exist, which in turn provides the medium for meaningfulness to be in place...there´s no such thing as meaning without form...it may be at best that such specific form as having Meaning arises in the very relation of subject and object...that is to say that there are objects and subjects and new objects arise in the relation of those two to which we can consciously recognize, matter of fact, not a matter of choice and thus not to assert, but to have, meaningfulness !...
...such specific and personnel forms of meaning depend on who I am and not on what I want or so said chose to be...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:20 am
@demonhunter,
demonhunter wrote:

God is love.

and Love Is Blind.
Therefore, God Is Blind.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:24 am
@Eorl,
...so true...although I am certain you stumble on it...if there´s a thing that "God" does not do is to "Observe"...
...minds are seekers minds observe..."God" is complete and as such a non phenomena...
Eorl

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Would it also be accurate to say that, alternatively, if He is indeed "all-seeing" that no photons would escape His Retina, leaving none to be observed by anybody else?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:38 am
@Eorl,
"Seeing" is seeking something that you miss, a characteristic of incompleteness that very much defines what a mind is..."God" is not all seeing, the point is that..."he" is all Being ! (and thus, on our phenomenal and temporal terms, DEAD !!!)
...no such thing as personnel God exists...you only have this mindless Machine which encompasses all things and all potentials...
Eorl

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
So in four posts we've narrowed Love (and by biblical definition also God) down to being a dead blind black hole?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 07:02 am
@Eorl,
...that was the intention when replying to the old boring cliché that God is Love blá blá blá...if to make something out of such sentence and stretching it I would rather say that Love is Unity and "God" is certainly that...

"God" provides love but it does n´t love...nor does it think or observe...but hey people can´t do nothing else but projecting their own little world around every concept...tedium !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 07:17 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...it could be further clarified that Love is motion towards unity...God does not love, God does not think, God does not seek, IT does not evolve, it does not grow, it does n´t gain or loose anything...God IS !
...and what IS the case to be does not move in time or space...IT IS the means of time n space...God is barren sterile...and contradictory the means of all things that were are and will be...its done !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 07:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Just to make it absolutely clear on what I mean :
The closest modern definition of God is the Multiverse...
(...its amazing how concepts are thrown away and yet recycled by each intrepid generation of ignorants...) Mr. Green
0 Replies