Why are you a Christian (or Why not) ?

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:41 pm
You know what? I was going to make a joke but I think I will think about what the name of my church is. It's time for a nap anyway.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:42 pm
Sorry Joe. The "Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship" is already taken! Laughing
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:12 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Turner_727 wrote:
One of the things that bothers me about christians is their obcession with 'saving' everyone.

This must be obviously just country/continent related.
Here, in Europe, you want find many Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, Anglican etc christians trying to save anyone.

I think you guys had Jesuits, back in the day, who were the founders of the mission. (At least I know they were rampant in the low countries like, 1700's ish) Are they gone now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:53 pm
I don't think, every Catholic is a Jesuit, since this is an order (and there are a couple more).

Besides, Jesuits are known for education and scholarship as there the principal work (especially after in 1814 Pope Pius VII reestablished the society. ( In 1773 Pope Clement XIV, under pressure especially from the governments of France, Spain, and Portugal, issued a decree abolishing the order.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:18 pm
Oh, oh Shocked
Quote:
Christian pilot reportedly promoted faith on flight
Sunday, February 8, 2004
(CNN) -- American Airlines is investigating reports that a pilot asked passengers to identify themselves as Christians so non-Christians on board could talk to them about their faith, a spokesman said Sunday.

Spokesman Tim Kincaid said the incident reportedly happened Friday on Flight 34 from Los Angeles, California, to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.

"It is under investigation," Kincaid said. "We've had some complaints about it."

Kincaid said the pilot, whose name was not released, reportedly asked Christian passengers to raise their hands before suggesting that the other passengers should discuss Christianity with those passengers.

The pilot, who had just returned from a mission to Costa Rica, reportedly said he would be available at the end of the flight for further discussion, Kincaid said.

"We're investigating to learn the facts," Kincaid said. "That would be against our policy if it did happen."

The pilot was not scheduled to fly during the weekend, the airline said.
SOURCE
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
Not scheduled so he could attend morning Mass ??
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:31 pm
I'm not one, since I have read too much history,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:03 pm
Good grief! (re Walter's link)
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:04 pm
One of the primary convictions that occur to a believer is that they are convicted if the HS prompts them to be a witnessl and they do not =they remain silent. This is supposed to be a basic primary work that a believer is meant to do.
Even though I was once witnessed to and said, "I don't want to hear it", I still remember that person to this day and can testify to her knowledge being correct and she was a good worker for Christ.

Many, many times meeting a person a believer IS TOLD to keep quiet.
So, if you are witnessed to it is a good thing. Because from the Bible there was apostles that were forbidden to enter Asia to testify. But now in the world as things may be coming to a close, witnesses have to listen to their guide and testify even to their detrement. There will be many believers in heaven who will see someone and remember who that person was......a person who once testified to them. We know Paul who
will be in heaven , who first persecuted Christians severely, will see those who he persecuted. (Luke 16:28)
Quote:
Acts 10:42, And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to TESTIFY that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
Quick turn on CBS (US) 60 minutes right now!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
Good lookin out Joe
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
Wow Joe... Is it just me, or did those being interviewed sound like nut cases?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:20 pm
Do we want those people, Bush, DeLay, Ashcroft, to continue to run a free country?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:25 pm
Good question... one that gets harder to answer for me every day.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:26 pm
Awww..c'mon, those of us here in "colourful colorado" ahev to wait another half hour! (where is that "pout" icon?)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:34 pm
Catch the first piece on evangelicals and who is going to be left behind.

This is great myth making, unless you realize that those in charge of the most powerful WMD's are wingnuts.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:36 pm
Is this a new one, or is it a repeat of the story they showed last year (trying to decide between 60 Minutes and Globetrekker).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:38 pm
Link to 60 Minutes

Really scary stuff. I hate to think that these people are running the country.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:05 pm
I was too late.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:05 pm
Read the above link......
0 Replies