Doctor Made a Mistake

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 02:47 pm
My mother went to a doctor to have the ingrown part of her toenail removed. It took the doctor three different attempts to actually get the ingrown part. The first time he took the wrong side of the toenail (the good part) and left the ingrown part. The next time he took the rest of the nail but left enough for the ingrown part to "grow" back. The third time he finally got all of it. He states he did everything he was supposed to and did nothing wrong. She is claiming he messed up the first two times and is covering it up - unwilling to admit he did something wrong. She would like to know what, if anything, she can/should do? She talked to a lawyer but they said there wasn't enough money involved and she just wants him to admit he messed up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,903 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 02:55 pm
@cmabc123,
Seriously, it's a freakin' toe nail. A lawsuit? What the hell is the matter with people? If she was so concerned, why the hell didn't she learn to cut her toe nails properly in the first place? Apparently, if anyone made a mistake is was your sainted but dumb mother. The doctor should get the apology.
Darwin's got another contender...
cmabc123

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 03:44 pm
@Ceili,
lolololol that is EXACTLY what I thought! Sometimes taking care of older parents is just like raising a 2 year old - forever!
Stormwatch

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 03:56 pm
@cmabc123,
It certainly isn't lawsuit worthy, but the doctor should take some responsibility. She wouldn't have had to go back three times if he had been paying attention. She should at least get what she paid for the second a third office visits back if she paid anything. Other than that a verbal apology is all that's needed.
Mame

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 04:36 pm
@Stormwatch,
I agree. And doctors here are reviewed on the internet, so she could always add a review.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 01:58 pm
@Mame,
A Dr. admit he was wrong??? - good luck on that one.

We should start a thread called "I want an apology."

A bank insisted that I was another person in another town, (not the same address or SS number, full name does not match) I have been denied a loan. I was at the county for 3 hours Monday pulling paperwork and I have the proof showing this lien is in another person's name. Will I get an apology? NEVER!!! Bastards.
roger

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:12 pm
@PUNKEY,
If you play it right, you might get a grudging "Okay", with the implication that you shouldn't do that again.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:56 pm
@cmabc123,
If it was life threatening, I'd give a ton of advice to ensure he never practiced again, or at least everyone in that State knew of him, but this sounds like your Mother is insisting on an apology, for a toe Smile What should she do? Forget about it.
0 Replies

legalbillingsoftware

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 06:46 pm
really not worth a fight..
but the doctor could be held liable for this...
she may need to put attention to your mom's toe nail..
0 Replies

lindalewis

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 07:17 pm
This is not a big deal. At last Dr. are also a human. I have seen lot's of case where thing become more complicated just by mistake. But it's all is just matter of time. Mistake's are meant to learn.
0 Replies