Rockhead
 
  2  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 04:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
you say real American success story!

I say war profiteer and flag waver...

tomato tomahto.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 04:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
you say real American success story!

I say war profiteer and flag waver...

tomato tomahto.
Waving the American Flag and profiting on ANYTHING,
is a very fine idea (better than losing money on it).





David
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 04:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
so we'll go with my definition, since we both agree and all...

cool.
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 04:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
so we'll go with my definition, since we both agree and all...

cool.
I hope that he made plenty of profits
on everything, but I 'm not an expert on that subject.





David
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:20 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Exactly HOW did he betray the US?

Dont give generalities, be specific.


c'mon jeff.... Iraq?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 10:38 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I thawt about Saddam then,
that he was a known homicidal maniac with a grudge against us for Kuwait,
the same as I now believe that the suicidal Moslems in Iran
woud be thrilled to nuke the "great satan" with another 9/11 (which was not a paranoid fantasy).
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 08:18 am
David I can name plenty of people who don't like me and would probably like to kick my ass..... should I therefore spend my time killing them and destroying their homes because they MIGHT act on their impulses at one time? And 9/11 is not connected to the issue. If spendius kicks Joe Nation's ass and Finn really digs it I should go to Finn's house and kill him and his family because Joe's my friend and in addition I know Finn and Spendius don't like me equally? I'd never get any dfamn thing accomplished and my own condition would suffer from ignoring more important things which stop to think about it is exactly what's happened to the USA. Due to DIPSHIT COCKSUCKERS like Dick Cheney. Evil or Very Mad
mysteryman
 
  3  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:31 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Since he was only the VP, he didnt make that decision.
Sure, he might have pushed for it, and might have favored it, but the VP does not have the authority under our constitution to order troops into cambat.
Only the president can do that.

So, try again.
blueveinedthrobber
 
  5  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:19 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Since he was only the VP, he didnt make that decision.
Sure, he might have pushed for it, and might have favored it, but the VP does not have the authority under our constitution to order troops into cambat.
Only the president can do that.

So, try again.


Jeff are you really stating in public, that you REALLY believe George Bush was the decision maker and manipulator of the Big Iraq Adventure? I truly gave you a lot more credit than that. I'm seriously disappointed.
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
W was the howdy doody of presidents for sure...
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:40 pm
I reluctantly have to agree with MM on the point of who makes that decision. I read not that long ago that Bush had edged Cheney out of the decision making process before the end of his term. Don't got no link. Don't need no stinking link.
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I reluctantly have to agree with MM on the point of who makes that decision. I read not that long ago that Bush had edged Cheney out of the decision making process before the end of his term. Don't got no link. Don't need no stinking link.


I have read that as well and believe it to be true. what a shame the decision to go to Iraq, a blunder even larger than Viet Nam was made during a time when Cheney was still basically calling the shots.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 04:13 pm
Lauer asked him whether he was the “driving force” behind the U.S.’s war with Iraq:

I think the President made the decision. He felt strongly about it, too. He understood the dimensions of what we were doing. I certainly supported it, I advocated it, I thought it was the right policy. I believe that still today.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dick-cheney-iraq-war-was-sound-policy-that-eliminated-saddam-hussein/

Bush said that he initially opposed a war and told Cheney there would be no war. But, he was convinced along the way that it was the thing to do. Credit Cheney or not, it was evil, stupid and unnecessary.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 04:27 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I just saw that, Bear.

Eh, reap what you sow.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:51 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
David I can name plenty of people who don't like me and would probably like to kick my ass.....
I can 't believe that to be true!



blueveinedthrobber wrote:
should I therefore spend my time killing them and destroying their homes because they MIGHT
act on their impulses at one time?
No, but its a matter of degree, the degree of real, malicious danger.
If u walk past their house n see that thay r using portraits of u and your family for target practice,
and u hear them singing lusty, bloody songs of how thay r gonna get all of u,
then u need to decide how to address that, to preserve your existence.
This is true with particular force, if thay have ALREADY tried it, with some success ( 9/11/1 ).
That takes it out of the realm of abstract theory.
Maybe u will decide that it is enuf to complain to the police; or maybe u won 't.

If willing, competent assistance is not forthcoming from the police,
and u see the bad guys loading up their guns against u,
then u might consider a disabling, pre-emptive attack,
rather than just letting them go to get u at their leisure.



blueveinedthrobber wrote:
And 9/11 is not connected to the issue.
It proves that the Moslems r serious in their malice against us.
It proves that when the Moslems get mad, thay r willing to DO something about it.



blueveinedthrobber wrote:
If spendius kicks Joe Nation's ass
A HORRIBLE thawt !


blueveinedthrobber wrote:
and Finn really digs it I should go to Finn's house and kill him and his family because Joe's my friend and in addition I know Finn and Spendius don't like me equally?
No. Thay have a right to hold opinions.





David



blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:00 pm
David, the people who attacked us on 9/11 are no more representative of Muslims than Westboro Baptist Church is of Christians, in fact less so IMO and I refuse to let you get by with saying you believe that. You're much too intelligent.
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 02:45 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
That 's kind of u to say so.
I must concede your point,
insofar as it is the fact that
very few Moslems were in on
the conspiracy that resulted in the events of 9/11/1;
obviously only a very minute fraction of 1% of Moslems were.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
It proves that when the Moslems get mad, thay r willing to DO something about it.


Aren't they more representative of people associated with George Bush? The Bushes and Bin Ladens go back years, and they both seem pretty bloodthirsty.
0 Replies
 
IRFRANK
 
  1  
Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
WHAT did he do that betrayed human decency, other than promote torture ?
I thawt that he was a very sharp, clever, astute Secretary of Defense and a fine leader of Halliburton, with his own best interests at heart.
Of course, actual policy itself came from Cheney, not W.


You thawt ? That's refreshing.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » I Smell Pussy
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 09/24/2021 at 06:28:08