Who has the keys to your house?

jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:30 pm
My next-door neighbor Gilbert and I exchanged house keys today. He’s an older gentleman and friend. I feel good about him having access to our home if something were to come up while we’re at work, and since he’s an older man without family in the area he wanted us to have his key.

Other then him my best friend Anthony and my sister in-law Isabel has the keys to our house.

I never liked the idea of hiding a key somewhere outside if something were to come up. Who has access to your home?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,878 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:43 pm
@jcboy,
Just my next door neighbor, and that only recently. I'm doing more traveling than usual, and might need someone to feed the cats if I'm gone longer than usual.

Prior to this, I kept a house key in the car, and had access to the car because I keep an entry (without chip) key in my billfold. Also a fully functioning car key concealed in the car. Those magnetic key boxes just don't seem to work with all the plastic and sound deadening in the wheelwells and other places.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:44 pm
@jcboy,
I have several other folks's keys.

smoky has one to both of my padlocks, (shop and cabin) in case I lose my keys
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:03 pm
I hardly ever lock my doors so keys aren't really a problem. My dogs keep out any riff raff that might entertain the idea of entering the house or property. I changed my locks after I came back from Vancouver, but before that I think there were fewer people without a key than with.
I don't even have a key at the moment. I should really get a copy.. Thanks for the reminder.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:08 pm
@Ceili,
the day Smoky decided I oughta have a car key made me feel like a kid again.

I'd had his house key since the crispy kid started living in the hospital, but when he finally decided that I should have car keys ( he could not find either of his two sets the day before. I finally found one of them in his chair where they fell outta his pockets) I got a speech and everything...

I only drive his car as a chauffeur, but I drive it as often as I do my own vehicle.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 05:53 am
Just my brother and Morgan.

Maybe I'll buy one of those fake rocks to hide one in.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 03:52 pm
I and three close friends have keys to my place. Now that I have a different carbi need to change the car keys they have. Thanks for the reminder!
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 04:57 pm
I can't say that anyone has my keys. That should cange though.
0 Replies