Help working with a dumb nurse

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:22 pm
I work at a clinic and one day we were told we have a new nurse out of the blue, she is the only "black " employee not a problem, we are all open minded people. but its been over a year now, and we have found that she is very incompetent, now talking to other people she has worked with she got fired yrs earlier for incopentence, unable to follow directions, and for ariving late daily. so nothing has changed cause she is still doing the same things. late daily 15-45 mins, unable to follow simple instructions, can not work on her own, incorrectly practices and adminst. meds and injections. so most duties have been striped from her, and nothing done, so she gets a pay check and does nothing all day evey day, while we bust our buts doing her part of the work load. yes we work for the federal gov and she was fired and sued to get her job back pulled the race card, so we are told we are stuck with her and there is nothing anyone can do !!!!!! HELP THERE MUST BE SOMETHING TO GET HER OUT OF THERE. Im worried about the pt's safey and to be frank its unfair for her to get paid for being stupid.

Ceili

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:27 pm
@frustrated2noEND,
I guess it was important to point out her colour. So she's a bad nurse, incompetent, late, but being she's black too.. well, that deserves an anonymous letter to a forum. It's unfair she gets paid for "being black" while you have to slave away at being a bitch. Get me a tissue.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:34 pm
If she is incompetent as you say, her supervisor should notice.

But if the super ignores or does not want to take action AND there are two or more of you who notice this incompetent work ethic, then it can't be ignored. Go above the supervisor then.

0 Replies