PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:11 am
Sounds like something from "The Art of War"
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:27 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

More like Chairman Mao... I think the Art of War would say something like: defeat your enemy's army with the greatest efficiency, and then make friends of former enemies through just and intelligent management of all territory...The fruits of victory are always spoiled, and the fruits of peace are always ripe...
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:56 am
No mentions of seasons that I recall offhand, but lots of admonitions to smite thy enemies with the righteousness of the Lord and blah, blah, blah ..take his women into slavery and kill his children.

Stuff like that.

Ask Frank Apisa or Alias

Joe(they'll know)Nation
oristarA

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 09:54 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

No mentions of seasons that I recall offhand, but lots of admonitions to smite thy enemies with the righteousness of the Lord and blah, blah, blah ..take his women into slavery and kill his children.

Stuff like that.

Ask Frank Apisa or Alias

Joe(they'll know)Nation

I've always been shocked by such Bible's words that declare killing innocent children the behavior of righteousness of the Lord.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 09:56 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

PUNKEY wrote:

More like Chairman Mao... I think the Art of War would say something like: defeat your enemy's army with the greatest efficiency, and then make friends of former enemies through just and intelligent management of all territory...The fruits of victory are always spoiled, and the fruits of peace are always ripe...

Impressive!
You seem very familiar with Mao's culture.
oristarA

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Sun Tzu's work? I know its original Chinese version.
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:09 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Fido wrote:

PUNKEY wrote:

Impressive!
Well; they changed a lot with the Korean War, and the were pretty well beat up on by the Americans when we got our **** together... It is one of the blessings of history that a commanding general should die in order to bring a commander to the front who could fight his army... It was a mistake to go for stalemate, and yet it was nearly impossible to go all the way to China.. It was another lousy choice of battlefield, and chalk that up to ideology thinking for the people who should be using ideas in order to think... In any event, the victory as it became for Mao, and the terrible cost of that victory for the Chinese population jstified the spolation of the entire wealth of China into Communist hands, the retardation of their economic growth, and much suffering of the rising middle class of China... Attacking Korea entrenched the Communists in China and left them entirely in power... The whole affair was stupid from our point of view... Wrong battlefield, wrong tyranny to support, and from my perspective, the wrong reluctant general in charge...MacArther warned Kennedy out of Vietnam because we were surrendering interior lines... Does any one think he did not know that was the case in Korea...That is why he threatened China with Nuclear weapons and why they blew him off...
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:11 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

PUNKEY wrote:

Sun Tzu's work? I know its original Chinese version.
Too bad more our generals did not know the English version... We would never have done Afghanistan or Iraq...There is nothing worse than fighting an enemy you do not understand...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:57 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Fido wrote:

PUNKEY wrote:

Impressive!
Well; they changed a lot with the Korean War, and the were pretty well beat up on by the Americans when we got our **** together... It is one of the blessings of history that a commanding general should die in order to bring a commander to the front who could fight his army... It was a mistake to go for stalemate, and yet it was nearly impossible to go all the way to China.. It was another lousy choice of battlefield, and chalk that up to ideology thinking for the people who should be using ideas in order to think... In any event, the victory as it became for Mao, and the terrible cost of that victory for the Chinese population jstified the spolation of the entire wealth of China into Communist hands, the retardation of their economic growth, and much suffering of the rising middle class of China... Attacking Korea entrenched the Communists in China and left them entirely in power... The whole affair was stupid from our point of view... Wrong battlefield, wrong tyranny to support, and from my perspective, the wrong reluctant general in charge...MacArther warned Kennedy out of Vietnam because we were surrendering interior lines... Does any one think he did not know that was the case in Korea...That is why he threatened China with Nuclear weapons and why they blew him off...

There was at lease a good news for poor Chinese people, who Mao cheated into the notorious war by concealing the truth that the American army appeared in Korea under United Nations Security Council Resolution 84 for international peacekeeping, Mao's son was bombed to death by US air force, which saved Chinese people from the inevitable tragic hereditary rule by the son of a bitch - Mao the Second. Just take a look at the miserable situation of today's North Korean people under Kim Jong Un you will understand how lucky China is. That is why so many people in China voice their approval and appreciation for the heroic American pilot, who of course probably made this feat unintentionally.
Fido

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:36 am
@oristarA,
I wouldn't expect the U.N. resolution to hold much weight... If the Russians were not boycotting the U.N. , the thing would not have passed... It was really a United States war, fought primarily with U.S. arms and money, and because of U.S. Ideology...
And I am not saying there is not a place for such a waste of life and money, if you accept the ideology...We fought Vietnam with a fraction of our Gross National Product, but the effect on Soviet and Chinese communist economies was back breaking... The War in Vietnam was like the Tet Offensive, a psychological victory for the communists that was a terrible military defeat... We won that war because we exhausted our enemy, and it was this that led to the fall of Russian Communism, which is not to say that many costs associated with being constantly alert and ready for war did not break them... Afghanistan helped too, but now it is pulling us down the toilet as well...
maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:45 am
No, there is nothing like that in the Bible (and yes, I have read the whole thing). You may be looking for this passage from the Gospel of Matthew (chapter 5). This is Jesus talking to his followers in what is known as "The Sermon on the Mount".

Quote:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5&version=NIV
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:06 am
@maxdancona,
Apparently, you've only read the New Testament.

In the Tanakh there is a prescription to ethnically cleans the lands that the Israelites intend to arrogate:

Deuteronomy 20:16-18
16However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.
Fido

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
They invented genocide... Archeology proves the Philistines were not what we would associate with the word, given the scripture, but they are no more because the way the Hebrews fought was to ethnic cleans at the same time...
maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm
@Fido,
Are you really claiming the Jews invented Genocide? That's an awfully bold claim to make with no historical evidence. First, the Biblical accounts are mostly legend with little basis in truth. Many of the events described in the Bible couldn't possibly have happened.

Second humans have commiting genocide since the time of the Neandertals and genocides have occured in ancient China and the ancient Americas.

To blame this on the Jews is rather shameful. There isn't much difference between these passages and the passages of any other culture/religion from the time including China.

Fido

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you really claiming the Jews invented Genocide? That's an awfully bold claim to make with no historical evidence. First, the Biblical accounts are mostly legend with little basis in truth. Many of the events described in the Bible couldn't possibly have happened.

Second humans have commiting genocide since the time of the Neandertals and genocides have occured in ancient China and the ancient Americas.

To blame this on the Jews is rather shameful. There isn't much difference between these passages and the passages of any other culture/religion from the time including China.

Where are those people??? Even the group Moses married into were slaughtered by the Hebrews... They even hated themselves when they returned from exile... Sameritans were Jews who never went into captivity, and never had the priestly class that returned to rule over Judea...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 12:15 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I wouldn't expect the U.N. resolution to hold much weight... If the Russians were not boycotting the U.N. , the thing would not have passed... It was really a United States war, fought primarily with U.S. arms and money, and because of U.S. Ideology...
And I am not saying there is not a place for such a waste of life and money, if you accept the ideology...We fought Vietnam with a fraction of our Gross National Product, but the effect on Soviet and Chinese communist economies was back breaking... The War in Vietnam was like the Tet Offensive, a psychological victory for the communists that was a terrible military defeat... We won that war because we exhausted our enemy, and it was this that led to the fall of Russian Communism, which is not to say that many costs associated with being constantly alert and ready for war did not break them... Afghanistan helped too, but now it is pulling us down the toilet as well...

Do you mean that U.S. had manipulated UN which led to the resolution 84 on the Korean affairs? Any historical documents to support your point of view?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 01:39 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Apparently, you've only read the New Testament.

In the Tanakh there is a prescription to ethnically cleans the lands that the Israelites intend to arrogate:

Deuteronomy 20:16-18
16However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

Excellent!

Let's face the serious history of the Lord.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 06:23 pm
@oristarA,
This is rich coming from someone from China.

Chinese history is just as barbaric as any other culture, and in China you are still killing baby girls.