I don't fit in.

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 04:30 pm
What should I do if I don't fit in? I have friends, but they have other best friends so I'm just considered as a regular 'friend'. I've never really fit in in school or outside of school - I like to think deep thoughts and perhaps that's why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,489 • Replies: 3
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 04:42 pm
@michelleyy,
michelleyy wrote:
What should I do if I don't fit in? I have friends, but they have other best friends so I'm just considered as a regular 'friend'. I've never really fit in in school or outside of school - I like to think deep thoughts and perhaps that's why?
Me too; I did too,
but I coud not possibly have cared less about fitting in.
I saw school as a stepping stone.
I got good grades, but most of the time, it was tiresome.
I did not care what any of them thought about anything.

To MY mind, the best part of the school day
was the end of it, and the best day of the school year was the LAST one.

David
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:14 pm
Do you have ONE best friend?

That's fitting in.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 08:48 pm
@michelleyy,
FYI..here's s an example of someone who didn't fit in HS:

Bill Gates, the billionaire who started Microsoft....was not popular at all in high school. He was considered a nerd. It surely didn't stop him from success.
When you look at some biographies of famous celebs, corporate officers, inventors - they more often than not weren't popular in high school.

What should you do? Perhaps look toward self-acceptance and put aside your concept of the importance of popularity as a goal to reach for. Happiness comes from within. Strive to make and retain one or two good friends. Be there for them and vice versa. Quality and not quantity matters most.
0 Replies