John Kerry helping our Troop's

ebrown p

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 09:34 am
McGentrix wrote:

Bush has the foriegn policy I like and the domestic policy that is good for no one. But at least he has something. What do his opponents offer?

A Foreign policy that is sane, a domestic policy that is good for the middle class and for civil rights, two Silver stars and a purple Heart.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:08 am
ebrown_p wrote:

two Silver stars and a purple Heart.

I hate to sound like a nit-picker ebrown, but as I said to Setana, I am just going to state a point of fact.

John Kerry was awarded a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts.

I don't particularly like the man, but I think it is important to get the facts correct.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:10 am
I stand corrected.

I am still looking forward to November. As long as y'all keep making an issue of Kerry's military service, that is...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:32 am
Fedral, I don't care to get into a war of analogy. Yes, you are correct to point out that the tenor of my post can was such that one could readily infer i was claiming no guardsmen served in Vietnam. I do not retreat from my position that service in the Guard was used as a means of avoiding service in Viet Nam.

Earlier, at what was the beginning of my day, I wrote the "chip on your shoulder" sentence. That was uncalled for, i could only plead that at the first thing in the morning, i was not using my best judgment. Inasmuch as i've seen you behave in a civil manner in these fora, it was all the more inappropriate. I offer my apology for having needlessly thrown an "accelerant" on the fire of debate.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 11:03 am
Setanta,
I accept your apology and offer my own if my counter posts seemed to be a bit angry in tone. I figure that we can put both of our posts down to the 'pre morning coffee grumbles'.

No harm no foul.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 05:19 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:53 pm
Are we still in the residue of the cold war?

Let's review the Vietnam war in two minutes.
Ho Chi Minh was a communist leader dedicated to freeing Vietnam from being a colony of France. During WWII, Ho Chin Minh was on the cover of Life magazine sitting alongside General Douglas McArthur and other US dignitaries. Why? Because he promised to use his troops to aid the allied forces in fighting the Japanese. In return, the US promised that after the war, Vietnam would be free of France.

The Vietnamese followed through, we did not.

So the Vietnamese were pissed and went on to eventually defeat the French at Dien Bien Phu. The cold war was on and President Truman could not "truck with no commies." So, having no legitimate reason to aid our ally, France, we invented something called the Gulf of Tonkin resolution to get us into war. And, a doozy of a war it was.

Eventually, even US veterans of the Vietnam war joined the protesting, patriotic Americans who saw the war for what it was - a misguided, quagmire concocted
by believers in something called the domino theory.

I believe it was the historian Henry Steele Commager who said about winning the Indo-China peninsula. "If you aren't willing to send in 5 million troops, don't bother to send five.

I worked with a veteran who was in Vietnam early on. He was there when we had only several hundred advisors. I quoted the historian and he replied
'When we send in five thousand Marines, those gooks won't know what hit 'em"
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:55 pm
Kerry is as crazy as Dean, because they both don't know what they want, all they know is they want to be President. They think a Presidents job is to do what ever they want, and get paid for it, while the Union's do all the work for them.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 09:27 pm
yeah, whatever.............
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:10 pm
Billy Falcon, glad to hear what you have to say here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 02:16 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
Kerry is as crazy as Dean, because they both don't know what they want, all they know is they want to be President. They think a Presidents job is to do what ever they want, and get paid for it, while the Union's do all the work for them.

What makes you think they don't know what they want? It seems very clear to me that they are very consistant in expressing what they want. Do you actually believe the stuff you write? Just a few days a go you were going to vote for Kerry, but now you're calling him crazy!!! Sounds like you're the one who doesn't know what they want ;-)
0 Replies