Jewish President and Terrorism

yeahman

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:29 pm
Would the US be at a greater risk of terrorism with a Jewish president? Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 733 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:57 pm
I don't think the US is any more likely to commit acts of "terrorism" with a Jewish president than with any other president.

(I should point out that the term "terrorism" is a very ambiguous and politically charged word. People tend to label any violent action taken by a force that they oppose as "terrorism".)

But I would stay away from stereotypes.

Just because the current government in Israel often resorts to brutal and inhumane actions does not mean that a Jewish president would do the same.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 05:01 pm
I meant would the US be at a greater risk as a victim of terrorism with a Jewish president.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 05:15 pm
Oh! I think understand now.Your question was a bit unclear.

You are asking if having a Jewish president is more likely to provoke deperate violent attacks by using overwhelming military force against people with nothing to lose to maintain a repressive occupation.

Personally I don't think a Jewish president would put the US at any greater risk of "terrorism" than our current administration.

I think it is wrong to stereotype.

Just because the government of Israel acts to continue a horrible cycle of violence based on idealogically inspired policies doesn't mean that any Jewish person would support these policies here.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 08:10 pm
I don't think that the US would receive any more terrorism because of a jewish president.
Christians suffer the same wrath in other places. And to my knowledge, we haven't had any terrorism because of our christian presidents.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 09:17 pm
Foreign terrorists would have to get in line with all the home-grown nutjobs. On the bright side domestic sales of fertilizer and blasting caps would go through the roof.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 10:00 pm
There's already enough crap being sold around the states...
0 Replies