Reality from the view point of theists

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 08:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I have no problem with what you are saying and I agree with what you are saying. The only thing that I am saying is that we could use any other word and come to the same conclusion that you will come to with God.

Let's hold that thought off until I actually "come to a conclusion about the God."

I have said: "There MAY BE a GOD." You have responded, "Yes there may be a God."

Now, I wrote: “That GOD MAY BE a personal GOD.”

Do you have any problems with that at all?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 08:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Now, I wrote: “That GOD MAY BE a personal GOD.”

Do you have any problems with that at all?

I agree but honestly do yo have to repeat this same train of thought. Isn't this the same thing you have stated over and over and I do not see anyone disagreeing with you. I hope that there will be something new in what you are getting at.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:00 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I agree but honestly do yo have to repeat this same train of thought. Isn't this the same thing you have stated over and over and I do not see anyone disagree with you. I hope that there will be something new in what you are getting at.

Never hurts to be sure we are on the same page of the same book, RL.

Not much further to go.

I wrote: "There MAY be a GOD." You agreed.

I wrote: "“That GOD MAY BE a personal GOD.” And once again you agreed.

Now the final link. I wrote: "As a personal GOD...that GOD may have a personal relationship with me that I simply do not know about." Obviously there is the implied "IF" in all that.

IF there is a GOD...and IF the GOD is a personal GOD...that GOD MAY have a personal relationship with me that I simply do not know about.

Do you have any problem with that? Do you understand that IF a personal GOD exists, IT could have a personal relationship (personal interest) in me that I do not know about?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:00 am
@Setanta,
Oh, it's Buzz, it's on all my posts, not just these ones, and it only happens when he comes online. If RL were voting down my posts he wouldn't have waited until now. It's something that I'm used to now, and at least I know I give Buzz's life meaning.

The consequences can be very funny. Buzz and Foofie made common cause with RL on another thread, all was going swimmingly until RL asked Foofie the following.

Quote:
Do you know if you had any family members involved in Jewish-American organized crime?

I would have loved to have seen Foofie's face when he read that.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:02 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, that RL is a real charm school dropout.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Do you have any problem with that? Do you understand that IF a personal GOD exists, IT could have a personal relationship (personal interest) in me that I do not know about?

Sure I agree "if" a God did exist.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Are we close to the end of the point yet?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:10 am
@Setanta,
The thing is, he doesn't know why Foofie might be put out by that.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
He probably thinks antisemitism is a cultural standard.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:13 am
@Setanta,
I think it's ironic that he starts a thread in order to understand antisemitism, is told a great deal about it, then at the end of it all posts a question like that. If nothing else it made me laugh.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:14 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The thing is, he doesn't know why Foofie might be put out by that.

Help me out there Izzy, I did have a few thoughts that went through my mind. one was something someone told me long ago, "Jews think that they are so much above gentiles. I myself would think that not all Jews would think that way.
Frank Apisa

@reasoning logic,
Okay, so there may be a GOD…and if the GOD exists, it may be a personal GOD…and if it is a personal GOD, IT may have a personal interest in me—have a personal relationship with me and I may simply not know about it. That personal relationship is not dependent upon my “knowing about it” or my “acknowledging it in any way.”

That is what I’ve said all along.

Now, if you have other tangential questions…let's get on with them. But if any of your questions rely on what I have said here, please quote directly what I said rather than paraphrasing. That will make it easier for me to respond.
Setanta

@izzythepush,
Not the brightest penny at the bank . . . he seems to embody the concept of "invicible ignorance."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:17 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I did have a few thoughts that went through my mind. one was something someone told me long ago, "Jews think that they are so much above gentiles.

You crack me up RL, that really made me laugh. Yeah, that's why he was put out.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
There may be aliens on another planet and these aliens came to earth and they landed in your back yard when you were a kid and every sense then they have been having a personal relationship with you but you are not aware of them.

This could be reality correct Frank?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Asking someone Jewish if their family was involved in organised crime is crude racial stereotyping.

As an Indian, how would you feel if someone asked you if your house stank of curry all the time? I guess you'd be a bit pissed off. It's the same thing.

Actually, Foofie uses crude racial stereotyping all the time, but he's not as undiplomatic as you.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:22 am
@izzythepush,
Tell me why you think it was Izzy
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:22 am
@reasoning logic,
Just did.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Asking someone Jewish if their family was involved in organised crime is crude racial stereotyping.

No silly it was only a question. Someone could take it as stereotyping and someone could have said it as an insult but that does not define the academia purpose that I was using it for.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:28 am
@reasoning logic,
There MAY BE alien life forms elsewhere.

Those alien life forms MAY be advanced enough to come to Earth.

If they came to Earth, one of the places they MAY have visited, is my backyard.

If they visited my backyard (and if they were able to keep their presence unknown to me) and if they decided they wanted to take a personal interest in me (have a personal relationship with me) that I did not know about…

…yes, IF ALL THOSE THINGS were the reality, of course that would be the reality.

Do you disagree?