Reality from the view point of theists

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
RL...I am saying what I said.

I was hoping to hear your side of the story on that one.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:58 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
But without "consensus" (or adult methods of cross checking) how would he ever have known ? As far as he was concerned , he was bleeding. It seemed "objective " to him ! And by extrapolation, is the "external reality" for the species homo sapiens, with its limited set of sensory apparatus compared to other species "subjective" or "objective" ? ....or shall we drop that dichotomy ?

Once again you are hung up on whether or not he would have KNOWN the REALITY...but the REALITY was the REALITY whether he or anyone else knew it.

It was "objective" to him...but that was his subjective opinion. The objective REALITY was that he was covered in mud...not blood. That REALITY was not dependent upon the observers or their observations or their considerations of either.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No I was just giving you more ammunition because I have not heard you shooting back much.

I have no idea of what that means.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Basically RL just wants to say that anyone who believes in God is completely out of touch with reality, that what is real/true is what he says it is. All spiritual experiences are a result of the chemical imbalance in the brain. RL has chosen his name correctly, so anyone who disagrees with him is neither reasoned nor logical.

We should all thank him for imparting his wisdom and swear from now on we will spend our Sundays standing outside of churches pointing at those kerrazzy Christians, laughing hysterically.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I was just sharing another thought with you along the lines that we have been talking about. I have not been doubting your objective reality just trying to learn other viewpoints other than my own.
I will have to quit joking with you so you do not keep taking me serious. I will include lol from now on so that you do not take me serious if I do joke around.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Basically RL just wants to say that anyone who believes in God is completely out of touch with reality

No silly that is not true at all. I have seen many very intelligent people that are very religious and can be realistic about many things, it is just when they start talking about God and heaven is where I think they step out past reality.

Quote:
All spiritual experiences are a result of the chemical imbalance in the brain.

That is not true neither because I think most of it is environmental and only a small number have a chemical imbalance that would cause such issues.

Quote:
We should all thank him for imparting his wisdom and swear from now on we will spend our Sundays standing outside of churches pointing at those kerrazzy Christians, laughing hysterically.

Where do you come up with such stupidity?

north

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:21 pm
theists think of a god rather than multiple gods , the reality is there are multiple gods
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's clear you're more interested in preaching than anything else.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:29 pm
@north,
Nice one North, it's always good when someone throws something new into the mix.
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's clear you're more interested in preaching than anything else.

yet the theists have a mono-god which is mis-guided from the evidence of Ancient History
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:34 pm
@north,
Doesn't stop RL being well preachy.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:36 pm
@izzythepush,
I use to be a preacher but that was long ago. I thought I made some rather convincing arguments.

north

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Doesn't stop RL being well preachy.

perhaps not

but my point is this , there is a reality thats true from the theists point of view

the thing is though these theists don't know enough of Ancient History to understand that there are multiple gods
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
What did you convene?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 06:40 pm
@north,
north wrote:
the thing is though these theists don't know enough of Ancient History to understand that there are multiple gods

Yeah mate you've said that. Are you going to move on from there or is that it?
north

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 07:08 pm
@izzythepush,
north wrote:
Quote:
Yeah mate you've said that. Are you going to move on from there or is that it?
why I keep saying this over and over again is because while the theists have a point , about reality , the thing is though , a theists reality of their perspective is lacking in Ancient History reality hence they lack a deeper understanding of gods' history once theists delve deeper into the history of their " god " they will find information about their god more profound than they knew , and this is important why ? because their god was not alone
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 07:41 pm
@north,
Quote:
theists think of a god rather than multiple gods , the reality is there are multiple gods

You know that how?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 07:42 pm
@north,
Quote:
but my point is this , there is a reality thats true from the theists point of view

So you are saying that REALITY is dependent upon a point of view?

So the REALITY is that there is a GOD...and there are no gods?

That makes sense to you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 07:45 pm
@north,
Quote:
why I keep saying this over and over again is because while the theists have a point , about reality , the thing is though , a theists reality of their perspective is lacking in Ancient History reality hence they lack a deeper understanding of gods' history once theists delve deeper into the history of their " god " they will find information about their god more profound than they knew , and this is important why ? because their god was not alone

I don't understand why you keep saying this. Some "theists" are world renowned experts in the field of Ancient History.

What makes you think theists are singularly unable to understand and have a reasonable perspective of Ancient History?

And why would a perspective of Ancient History have any influence whatsoever on whether or not gods exist?
north

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 07:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Quote:
So you are saying that REALITY is dependent upon a point of view?
no
Quote:
So the REALITY is that there is a GOD...
yes , not universal but a physical god , immature as this god is
Quote:
and there are no gods?
there are gods , Frank
Quote:
That makes sense to you.
no look Frank , I'm not a believer in god because god has his own agenda for Humanity , which is slavery but gods do exist
0 Replies