Please edit the description

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 09:31 pm
I turned and left, with my dustless white coat waved in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while the blue sky gleamed against my starlike eyes.

(Note: I - the character is a doctor)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 703 • Replies: 10
No top replies

JTT

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:00 pm
@oristarA,
I turned and left, with my dustless [do you want to convey a exceptionally clean coat?] white coat [waved] waving in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while the blue sky gleamed against my starlike [what feeling are you trying to convey with 'starlike'?] eyes.
oristarA

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:26 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I turned and left, with my dustless [do you want to convey a exceptionally clean coat?] white coat [waved] waving in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while the blue sky gleamed against my starlike [what feeling are you trying to convey with 'starlike'?] eyes.

do you want to convey a exceptionally clean coat? Yes.
eyes likes stars in blue skies... Such artistical expression is what I want. JTT

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 01:22 am
He sounds more than a little vain. Nobody says "my young and handsome face" either in real life or properly written fiction.

oristarA

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 04:42 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

He sounds more than a little vain. Nobody says "my young and handsome face" either in real life or properly written fiction.

How about in the case of being humorous and self-bragging?
solipsister

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:53 am
@oristarA,
The reverse self deprecatory semi-autobiographical patter is brilliant.
contrex

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 12:16 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

I turned and left, with my dustless white coat waving in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while the blue sky gleamed against my starlike eyes.

The sky does not genrally gleam against things. Your starlike eyes might gleam with the reflection of the blue sky, I suppose.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 12:42 pm
@oristarA,
'spotless' sounds better than 'dustless.'
oristarA

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 07:37 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

oristarA wrote:

I turned and left, with my dustless white coat waving in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while the blue sky gleamed against my starlike eyes.

The sky does not genrally gleam against things. Your starlike eyes might gleam with the reflection of the blue sky, I suppose.

This? --

I turned and left, with my spotless white coat waving in the cool breeze. The morning sun shone on my young and handsome face, while my starlike eyes gleamed against the blue skies.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 07:37 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

'spotless' sounds better than 'dustless.'

Accepted. Thx
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 07:38 pm
@solipsister,
solipsister wrote:

The reverse self deprecatory semi-autobiographical patter is brilliant.

Thanks for the comment
0 Replies