WHEN & WHERE ARE THE ISSUES GOING TO GET RESPONSE?

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:36 pm
There are so many issues to be dealt w/concerning this yrs. Presidential Election!!! But, the one question that keeps burnin' a hole in what mind I have left, lol, is where are the Candidates goin' w/Domestic Issues? It appears nowhere, on either side of the Aisle... Why? Because the Democrats are "Bush-Bashing", & not thinkin' of the fact that if indeed we change "Party" Administrations, or even stay where we are, where will the newly elected President, (irregardless of which Party Affiliation), be goin' w/the Healthcare process along w/so very many more Domestic Issues, right here, on American soil? It seems that so very much money is bein' cut from several different Programs, (Social Security, School Systems, etc...), they're, (The Administation), constantly giving other Countries Financial, along w/other Aid, but, when one needs help at home, that only the Administration can help w/, they suddenly have a Memory loss... (How convenient!) But, let something happen overseas, anywhere overseas, & the American people that weren't born w/a Silver Spoon in their mouths have no other choice but to remain on the back-burner w/what the Government would now consider, "Dead Weight", because "it's the American way"? Hogwash! That is simply not right, & our Lawmakers need desperately to wake up on the poor side of town & check out the view... Bet'cha the less fortunate might accidentally get some help for a leg up, not a hand-out, (Lord knows that's a big portion of this Country's problem): Those that do not want to work, just accept what the Gov't will GIVE them, & the Folks that truly & sincerely need a means of a helpin' hand get nothing in that hand, just a resounding "No, you don't qualify"... Priorities need to be looked at on both sides of the Aisle, & need it desperately...

Seekin' Answers In Kentucky,
Patt Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 627 • Replies: 2
No top replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 02:49 am
All of the Dem candidates...
have talked about domestic issues. If one goes to their Web Sites the issues and their proposals to help "average" (Meaning: Not wealthy) Americans are there.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 09:04 am
Re: All of the Dem candidates...
pistoff wrote:
have talked about domestic issues. If one goes to their Web Sites the issues and their proposals to help "average" (Meaning: Not wealthy) Americans are there.

I've seen many different Sites w/just that, the "not-wealthy" Folks neighborhood, but seriously speakin', I don't have to look much further than down the street, for they're not wealthy, (the same as me), but, I don't try to keep up w/the Jones', but bein' in a situation of a Disability, depending solely on what the Social Security Administration says that I am qualified for, leaves me in a position that I find myself struggling to make ends meet...

But, the thing that really ires me the most, well, that's simple! It's the poor that are indeed able to change their lifestyles, get a job, at least try to make a stand for themselves, but no, they would rather let the Tax-Paying Citizens of this Country tote the note... I see & know of people like that, & it makes me sick to my stomach, for their just too dang lazy or don't have the gumption to get off the couch, dress, & go to WORK... Not workin' for so many Folks does indeed make it hard on the people that have a legitimate reason for needing the Hand-Up, not a hand-out... Hand-Outs are not where it's at my friend, there's no sense of Pride there whatsoever, & if one stoops to the level of "expecting" that Hand-Out, then in my opinion, they are truly not entitled to "proposals", or anything else that relates w/this subject...
I still say that if they'd put forth the initiative, & get the gumption goin' on for themselves, we would all live better, & perhaps the "non-wealthy" Americans, (& no, not by choice, but by chance), would perhaps be ale to stand just a tad bit more solid on one's own feet, not to mention bein' able to hold their head a little higher & feel better knowin' they in fact earned what they're bringin' into the Household Funds each week throughout the weeks, & Months...
But, if the current Administration keeps spreadin' the wealth of Washington Lawmakers to Folks they don't know squat about, especially from other Countries, there would be more money, jobs, & equal opportunities to those in need of a job right here on our own soil.
What's really sad is the fact that one works all their life, settled into good jobs, livin' at least 1/2 way comfortably, & they go into work on any given day, & told that when they clock-out on Friday, that's it, the doors will be locked, go to the unemployment office on Monday... Meanwhile, production of the same job that that individual just lost here in the States for a living, has just been reinforced in another Country...

Is there no Justice left in our Lawmakers, & the "wealthy" people of this Country, I dare to ponder too much on that concept, for I ticks me off, & if that makes me poor & griping, well, I suppose I am. (But, that does not mean I HAVE to like it!) Confused

Have a great day, & thanks so much for the feedback, it's insightful to know there are people that know where to advise people to go looking for a "proposal" to the non-wealthy... But, for those that choose to go that route, well, one's got to do what they gotta do, but personally, I'm tryin' very hard to stand on my own 2 feet as best that I can, & always will... For that's the way I was raised, be independant, & hold your head up, & face life head on, no matter of the consequences, especially depending on the situation... Indeed some things have to pondered on very well before one opens their mouths & get's off the couch! Wink

Have a Good 'Un Your Way! :wink:
Patt
0 Replies