How about the writing? Artistically beautiful?

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:50 am

Artists' renderings showed a forest of gleaming glass buildings, including a 40-story hotel-anchored skyscraper, overlooking yacht-bearing waterways. Even though Wuxi isn't generally considered among China's marquee cities, the country's property-mad investors were hooked. When the first 303 apartments went for sale in 2009, they sold out within four hours.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 827 • Replies: 4
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:14 am
It's pretty good. "Yacht-bearing" is a little strange, tho acceptable. I'd rephrase it to something like "waterways teeming with sailboats and fine yachts" (assuming of course there were sailboats there)
oristarA

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

It's pretty good. "Yacht-bearing" is a little strange, tho acceptable. I'd rephrase it to something like "waterways teeming with sailboats and fine yachts" (assuming of course there were sailboats there)

The waterways is mainly the city's historic canal, no sailboats there.
How about just yacht-teeming instead of yacht-bearing?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:08 am
Use "yacht crowded waterways" if you want to show wealthy yacht owners live there.

Use "overlooking a view of historic waterways" if you want to offer natural peaceful features.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:09 am
good suggestions, punkey.
0 Replies