How come everybody is like this apart from me?

robynf

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 05:51 pm
When I walk up to the bus stop everyday with my neighbour (20 min walk) I ALWAYS smell car fumes because we live on a main road. I always find it hard not to cove my nose or hold my breath but she is just chilled and isnt worried about it getting into her lungs. Which is the right thing to do? Should I be worried? Help!:/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,049 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mdchaskar

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:11 am
@robynf,
= Because everybody is a different identify and entify. One can be a part of society. How come he / she is apart from it ?
= Secondly, human's Finger prints never matches with others. You are APART = different.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:31 am
@robynf,
Sounds like a normal variation to me. Believe it or not, some people with normal sense of smell cannot smell formaldahyde. The rest of us are knocked over.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:40 am
and taste is largely affected by smell. Some people think cilantro tastes like soap and eating it is like chowing down on a big cake of Irish Spring. Others love it. It's likely a quirk of genetics. I love it. Fortunately. You could get a filter mask. You see pictures of people in Japan wearing those half face masks like in operating rooms, I think to avoid contagion. But the appropriate type should work for gas fumes. Of course it sounds like they're not common wherever you live, so people might think you were a tad peculiar if you wore one everyday for years. On the other hand, you'll have the last laugh forty years from now when they're all long dead and you're still wheezing away.
Procrustes

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:45 am
@robynf,
I know this will sound weird to anyone but when I smell gas fumes (especially from diesel engines) it reminds me of back home in the Phillipines. To me the smell doesn't bother me.
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:26 pm
@robynf,
Same thing happens to me at my job. Im a cook and I can always smell the gas seeping out from the ovens and nobody else seems to notice it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Some people think cilantro tastes like soap and eating it is like chowing down on a big cake of Irish Spring.

Well, of course it tastes like soap.
0 Replies