Good friends

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:14 pm
Good friends are hard to find especially on the Internet. I have met some nice friends online since I joined here even tho I haven't met them. D you think it's possible to keep good friends even if you never met them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,316 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:18 pm
@TravisCQ,
Yes. I do.
TravisCQ

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:25 pm
Thank you! I didn't know people could be so nice to me when they don't really know me. I never thought anyone ever cared until now.
0 Replies

Riti

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:08 pm
@TravisCQ,
yes u can keep in touch with ur friends even if u meet them very less times.............but friendship should be true.........which is not easily found
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 12:55 am
@TravisCQ,
I have several Internet friends that I have never met, one that I did meet and we are still friends now, having met. Some I have been friends with for 5 years, as I started all of this thing, late Smile

Some did not turn out to be "real" ... Always remember any friend, true friend is hard to find... Out of say 300 or so, I have around 5. Befriending is very different than becoming "real friends"...
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 01:09 am
Yes, you can find friends over internet.
Just like you found friends as penpals before Internet.
I think a big difference is that it is so much easier to make up things, not tell the truth over internet than it ever was as a penpal.
I have had some penpals in my life, so for the fun of it I tried over internet.
Found two and one I correspond with and we write real long e-mails as if they were letters, but we also write normal letters.
The other one mailed short e-mails, with complete nonsence like; "Did you know that babies are born without kneecaps?"
To be friends you have to write more than just an e-mail with a few words.
To be a friend means you have to invest time and thoughts.
Writing long and interesting letters seems to be a lost quality for the majority of people.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 07:05 am
Yes, you can develop friendships over the net. But there has to be some kind of common interest for it to be long-lasting.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 07:07 am
@ossobuco,
I wholeheartedly concur! Very Happy
0 Replies