Girl's lunch confiscated; forced to eat government food

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 05:50 pm
@gungasnake,
Well, that doesn't really tell us much of anything, other than the fact that - yup - still a bunch of total ******* idiots in NC who will believe any ol' thing they are told - as long as it confirms their prejudices about the gov't.

Cycloptichorn
gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 05:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
NC in recent years has been a demoKKKrat state; this might change that...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 06:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
This is a non-story. Even the Repubs here (N.C.) aren't saying much of anything about it. It must be a slow news cycle period in rightie-world.
revelette

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 07:56 am
@LionTamerX,
I personally doubt the whole story, it seems fabricated to me to make a political point.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 08:03 am
@LionTamerX,
The funny thing is how the story lists the STATE rule that requires inspection but gunga is trying to blame Obama.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 08:34 am
@parados,
Paradork:

Quote:
...but gunga is trying to blame Obama....

Bullshit. You will not find any mention of Obunga in any of my postings on this topic. Obunga does enough perverted **** that nobody needs to make up **** about him.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:02 am
Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this story is not plausible.

Quote:
Did you cal the various folks involved in this yet?

I called and said I was from Salon.com and wondered if there was any truth to that story. He said "no maam, but if you want to comment to call the superintendent."

I just went over to Snopes.com to submit a "rumor new to me", stating the following:

"There is an article being posted all over the net on various blogs regarding Hoke Elementary School in North Carolina. The rumor states that a pre-schoolers lunch of a turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet USDA standards. The child then was forced to eat three chicken nuggets.

I called the school and was told this wasn't true but to further comment to call the superintendent.

Would appreciate if a source such as yours could look further into this rumor and possibly find the origin. I've been googling around and all I can find is the same story with no variation and no full names associated with it.

Since yesterday the story has grown further and is being reported (no variations) in more blogs including Huffington.

Thank you for your time."

Message was edited by:
japtonbooks

source

Extremist right wingers for years have been going on about public schools and government so it would be no surprise to me that they have fabricated a story from scratch to finish.
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:24 am
@revelette,
House speaker Boner has been on the line blaming the democrats for "holding up the passage of the payroll tax extension because they were playiing politics"

Theres no end to the mendacity , I wonder if that, because they are so desparate, they are trying to smooth ALL impediments that make them appear as the rich fat plutocrats they are.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:27 am
@parados,
I know! Isn't it funny?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:48 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this story is not plausible. ...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCCjZh8NPdsDbrXZrVeYf_YmPu3cQOTt_eZUHsBeTTR8su7vLR

De Nile....
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:49 am
This is what I have found out so far.

A North Carolina Non-Troversy?

The article has relevant links to back up statements including a link from the school itself.

Anyway, as best as I can surmise, there were no state agencies going through children't lunch boxes. Apparently someone (don't state who yet) noticed the child, who was enrolled in a program that assisted children with special needs, didn't have milk. That person suggested to the child to get some milk. The child got confused and just got another lunch. The mother worried about being charged extra even though there was no extra charges.
parados

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 10:32 am
@revelette,
From your link revelette:

The North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education has released a statement:

Quote:
“determined that no employee of DHHS, nor the Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) or its contractors, instructed any child to replace or remove any meal items. Furthermore, it is not DHHS’ policy to inspect, go through or question any child about food items brought from home. The facts we have gathered confirm that no DHHS employee or contractor did this.”
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 11:33 am
Washington Post's take:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/nc-school-teachers-mistake-at-school-lunch-led-to-upset-calls-of-government-overreach/2012/02/16/gIQAof8NIR_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

The Post article tries to paint the thing as a teacher error but even they aren't trying to deny the story altogether. The basic bottom line remains that the little girl came home with her packed lunch uneaten, having had three mcgovernment mcnuggets for lunch that day, and she'd not have been back the next day if she were my kid.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 11:36 am
@gungasnake,
So, the fact that the original story came from a totally fake news organization and had no truth to it whatsoever, and that nobody's lunch was confiscated, has no bearing on your opinion at all? Really?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If there's one thing I've learned over the last several years, there's no lie that you bunch won't swallow, as long as it's coated in the sweet, sticky honey of anti-government hate.

Cyclotichorn
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 11:40 am
@Cycloptichorn,
So this was a FAKE story??? Im not going bck to read the backup, but I think gunga and spurt owe everyone an apology. Spurt is just a toady but gunga has at least some brainpower . Hes just easily duped by myths and political lies.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 07:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
So this was a FAKE story???

I don't think so. One, the bottom line is that the one kid came home with her packed lunch uneaten, having had three mcnuggets for lunch and everybody on the govt. side seems to be trying to spin the story but nobody is denying the basic outcome. Two is that at least one other parent has now come forward with a similar story:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/exclusive-2nd-n-c-mother-says-daughters-school-lunch-replaced-for-not-being-healthy-enough/

Quote:
but now a second mother from the same school has come forward exclusively to The Blaze to say the same thing happened to her daughter.

Diane Zambrano says her 4-year-old daughter, Jazlyn, is in the same West Hoke Elementary School class as the little girl whose lunch gained national attention earlier this week. When Zambrano picked Jazlyn up from school late last month, she was told by Jazlyn’s teacher that the lunch she had packed that day did not meet the necessary guidelines and that Jazlyn had been sent to the cafeteria.

The lunch Zambrano packed for her daughter? A cheese and salami sandwich on a wheat bun with apple juice. The lunch she got in the cafeteria? Chicken nuggets, a sweet potato, bread and milk....
msolga

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 07:54 am
@gungasnake,
I'm sorry, gungasnake, but I'm starting to see the funny side of this ....

Quote:
.. the bottom line is that the one kid came home with her packed lunch uneaten, having had three mcnuggets for lunch and everybody on the govt. side seems to be trying to spin the story but nobody is denying the basic outcome.

Laughing
gungasnake

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 08:28 am
@msolga,
The funny side will come on the day the Christian majority in this country pulls ALL of its children out of the govt. schools on the same day.
parados

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 08:37 am
@gungasnake,
Now, THAT's funny gunga...

I suppose that will be right after the Christian Majority all vote to oppose gay marriage.

Meanwhile back in reality the Lutheran synod votes to oppose a ban on gay marriage.
ELCA voted to oppose changing the state Constitution to ban gay marriage.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:32 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
.. the bottom line is that the one kid came home with her packed lunch uneaten, having had three mcnuggets for lunch and everybody on the govt. side seems to be trying to spin the story but nobody is denying the basic outcome

Yes they are. A state agent didn't go through any child's lunch and replace it with government food. That was the charge and the charge is entirely false.

0 Replies