Girl's lunch confiscated; forced to eat government food

Thomas

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:32 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
At this juncture, anybody who would use that term is basically a liar. I mean, there's no longer any excuse for it.

Why? In your view, does the John Locke Foundation deny global warming or not?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:36 pm
@gungasnake,

Food Police Madness: NC School Must Approve Parent-Packed Lunches, Preschooler’s
Homemade Turkey & Cheese Sandwich Lunch Was Replaced with Cafeteria Chicken Nuggets

The Obama's need to be evicted from The White House!
Thomas

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
Obama does not run North Carolina schools. North Carolina does. The person to oust for that, if any, is North Carolina's governor Bev Perdue. You want to make sure you keep your enemies straight.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Thomas

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 10:44 pm
@gungasnake,
Yeah, right.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 10:51 pm
@Thomas,
Nothing amazes me more than seeing people like yourself act like being an idiot is something to be proud of. I'd be awfully ******* ashamed of being an idiot.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 06:08 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I'd be awfully ******* ashamed of being an idiot.
Leading wiith yer chin again gunga? Im not even gonna consider touching that set up line.

gday.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 06:17 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Elaine Morgan is almost certainly correct in claiming that modern man originally lived in water, and that we share a hundred or more traits with the aquatic mammals.

Why is it that you build your life around screwey theories and myths? The fact that humans lived NEAR water does not imply that they lived and evolved IN WATER.
Oh , by the way, you should be more careful about the "Shared traits with aquatic mammals" statement. We might tend to believe that you finally become convinced of the accuracy of evolutions evidence.
Your statement seems to imply some form of common ancestry (even though you claim to be related to manatees rather than chimpanzees)

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 06:41 am
@farmerman,
Morgan's list of traits which distinguish humans and other aquatic mammals from the rest of the mammalian world include:

• Rear legs being the major limbs (adaptation for swimming and wading) which is the most visible difference between us and apes.
  • Lack of fur (some aquatic mammals, no land mammals.
  • Subcutaneous fat (for flotation).
  • Voluntary control over breathing (why we are language capable and apes aren't.
  • Face-to-face sex (Morgan uses a fancy term, "ventral coitus"...) Aquatic mammals and humans do that, no land animal does.

That's just from memory, again the list includes about a hundred items.
revelette

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:22 am
@gungasnake,
Your title on this thread is wrong and so is the title on the article. Both say her food was taken away to be replaced with government food. Given that, the entire article and your thread has lost credibility because who knows what else was made up.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:34 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Rear legs being the major limbs (adaptation for swimming and wading) which is the most visible difference between us and apes.maybe walking also? what happened to our sealy flippers?

Lack of fur (some aquatic mammals, no land mammals. hardly a trait now is it? some mammals and all marine mammals also have tails wheras humans and chimps and the great apes do not

Subcutaneous fat (for flotation). or else we are related to bears and groundhogs by that logic

Voluntary control over breathing (why we are language capable and apes aren't. apes glottal cavity and larynx is adapted to a 4 legged presentation so thats mostly why they cant talk, most marine mammals have their breathing apparatus migrated skyward with "flaps"

Face-to-face sex (Morgan uses a fancy term, "ventral coitus"...) Aquatic mammals and humans do that, no land animal does. thats a real stretch , because there is a feature that is similar in function doesnt mean there is an automatic relationship

still gunga, as wrong as you may be on this, you are dangerously close to being a kind of evolutionist. It just means that you believe that we evolved from a water loving ancestral form. Course Ive said this before but you need to dwell on what youre believing in

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:42 am
@farmerman,
I've said this before, I see three possibilities as to how we got here and the three do not include evolving from anything which was here previously:

We were created here from scratch, recently (unlikely in my view)
We were genetically re-engineered from one of the hominids (some evidence exists)
We were brought here from elsewhere in the cosmos (some evidence exists).

I don't know of a fourth possibility.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:06 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Obama does not run North Carolina schools. North Carolina does. The person to oust for that, if any, is North Carolina's governor Bev Perdue. You want to make sure you keep your enemies straight.
I think all public schools that accept Federal funding must follow the HHS guidelines, though.

Quote:
The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines.
Of course, the schools are free to ban homemade lunches altogether, as happened last year in Illinois -- that also caused a big flap at the time as I recall. Parents just aren't ever going to like being told they're incompetent lol.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 05:37 pm
Werent you told on another thread that it was the state that did this, not Obama? And it wasent confiscated, she was given nuggets which she ate.because she liked them more than her sandwich. Big surprise!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 05:47 pm
@RABEL222,

Weren't you told that the schools are government schools and this
is all due to Obamacare and Michelle Obama's stupid mandate.

The little girl hated the nuggets.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 05:57 pm