What do you do on the interview day?

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 11:12 pm
What are the things that you feel are important before going to an interview?
This is what I do - If I have to attend an interview, then I check up all my things on the previous day itself. I see to it that I have arranged my all documents, certificates, etc in my folder in a proper manner. I also check for my interview dress. I revise the interview questions and try to recollect the things I have read for the interview. I usually prefer a good sleep so that I don't look stressed out on interview day.

On the interview day, I confirm for all my belongings to take for the interview. I usually don't study anything because that increases my nervousness. I manage to reach the interview place before the desired time so that I get time to become stable.

This is what I do on and before interview day. Feel free to share how you manage to beat the interview nervousness and what you do on interview day?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,274 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 11:25 pm
@anathames,
Well, other than preparing my clothes and my documents (if any) and getting there in time, I think about the company and the position I'm interviewing for. I think about what I can bring to the company, why I would be a good hire for them, and what I can learn while there.

I also think it's important to have researched the company so you know what they do, who they work for (if applicable, ie. an advertising agency), who and how many are in the company, and think about why you want to work for them. Why them? Is it just because a position is open there or because they're located near you or is it because you've always wanted to work for an advertising company?

Do you want to be a receptionist or a salesman there? Why? What makes you a good fit for them? What can YOU offer, specifically? Hard work, honesty, reliability, talent and/or particular skills, experience?

That kind of thing.
0 Replies

alexinawhite

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:15 am
there are a lot of things we need to remenber when we entering in interview room like.. .
Dress to Make a Good First Impression
Be Conscious of Good Interview Etiquette
Be Prepared to answer the Interviewer Questions
Follow up with a Thank-You Note

there is a i am also giving you a source link where you can find more tips..

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
medgar

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 06:29 am
@alexinawhite,
Of course you should be on time, dress appropriately, etc. But the big one is you should know beforehand what the questions are going to be, and you should have the right answers locked away in your memory.

With the right preparation and mindset you will be relaxed and confident, and you will be telling the interviewer what he or she wants to hear.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 07:05 am
In addition, ask yourself before, during and after the interview if you can see yourself working there day after day, and be satisfied/happy.

It isn't ALL about what you can do for them, but what they can do for you as far as living 1/2 your waking life in their company.
0 Replies