Why does my mom do this?

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:04 pm
my mom always yells at me when i accidentally do something wrong. like today i was like," mom should i feed the baby her bottle?" and my mom replied in a mean tone "No, Aubriel(my older sister) already tried and she didnt want it." so i was just like "okay." and so i went back into the living room and i was like give m her thing." and my sister was like, "her bottle?" and i was like "no, i just got yelled at for asking to feed the baby, i meant give me her pacifier." so she gave me the pacifier and then my sister was like, "i'll get you the bottle." i said "no because mom said you already tried to feed her and she didn't want it." and my sister was like " i didn't try to feed her, because when i came back, the baby was asleep so i couldn't feed her." why does my mom always yell at me when i try to help out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,518 • Replies: 5
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 05:39 am
@charrymuffin,
That's impossible to answer informatively without asking a million questions.

The short answer though is that your mother doesn't know how to handle her frustrations well.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 07:10 am
How about just asking her "Mom, is there anything I can do to help out?"

Maybe feeding the baby was the LAST thing she needed done. Cleaning, cookiing, etc. might be what she needed then.

But ask first.

She seems overloaded and stressed out.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 07:22 am
@charrymuffin,
Maybe you are over reacting just a tad? You wrote that your mom responded in a mean tone. How does that equate to yelling at you? Then you write that you went to your sister and said "give me her thing," or something similar. From where I sit, you treated your sister exactly how you claim your mom treated you. So maybe you need to start by apologizing to your sister.

Assuming your mom did respond in a mean tone toward you, remember that she may well be frustrated. You have no idea how she was feeling or what may have been on her mind. So she replied to you in a mean tone. Big deal. Get over it.
0 Replies

andwilson90

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:23 am
@charrymuffin,
Your mom had not yelled at you, she might got confuse about the baby's feed. So she told you that your elder sister had tried this before. Or might your mother is facing some problem and she might be tensed about it. That's why she yelled at you. Don't Worry Exclamation .

Mother's never do this to their child.
0 Replies

sricky

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:34 am
@charrymuffin,
I think, Andrew has a point. It is possible that your mother thought that your sister had done the work but she didn't as you say. If she often does so, then you must have a serious chat with her..
0 Replies