Does approaching ppl freak u out?

Angel23

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:58 am
I'm very outgoing when I'm with friends or even ppl I just met who approach me. However, when it comes to approaching ppl, it scares the **** out of me. My job requires that. I give out samples at sam's club. I got the hang of it on my first day and met my sales goal. However, today, I'm doing a different product that's harder to sell . I also have to cook it. I feel like I'm gonna freak out again. How do I say the right thing to the customers w/o getting tongue tied? How do I stay calm?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,510 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 07:32 am
People usually flock to free samples, so you might not have to say much if it's something to eat. Just smile.

Handing out coupons or some other item is different.. You must try to engage people. Try a smile or ask them, "Have you ever tried . . .? " or "Got a cleaning issue with your stove? See how this works"

Main thing is not to look bored and push that product!!
(It's not about you, it's the product)
Angel23

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:47 am
@PUNKEY,
Haha I wish I could say that to my boss lol
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:49 am
@Angel23,
Quote:
Does approaching ppl freak u out?
No. I just did the job.

The job was political fund raising. I led a team of telefoners.
I got a comfortable job for the following 12 years, in consequence
(until I retired).

U gotta do what u gotta do.

David
Angel23

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 09:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thx. U guys r the best. Now about break time...

Idk where and how to spend break time at work
I started at my new job a week ago giving out samples at Sam's club, but I'm hired through another corporate, not Sam's. We're basically 2 different companies sharing the same building. I made friends among my coworkers who gives samples, but idk anyone from Sam's. Approaching new ppl freaks me out. However, I'm very outgoing among friends and new ppl who approaches me. Consequently, I been avoiding the break room. I know this sounds weird, but I spend my lunch breaks in my mgr's office. Same for if I got to work early. Then yesterday, she said she can't have me hang out in there all the time anymore. I need to go to the break room. Now I'm at loss on how I'll survive 30 minutes in there, more if I get to work early.

I recently found out that some of my non-Sam's coworkers go on break the same time I do. Should I just flock to their table?
0 Replies