Do you plan ahead?

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:54 pm
I usually plan my day ahead of time. For instance we know what we are doing for dinner hours ahead of time. Usually by mid-week we know what are plans are for the weekend. Sometimes I get a little aggravated when someone sends me a text message asking us out to dinner right around dinner time, I guess I should be thankful someone is asking but we usually have plans by that time. Am I just being bitchy? It’s in my nature by the way.

roger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:59 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
Yeah, some people are more impulsive than others. Asking you out for dinner or something is much different than being expected to comply, especially at the last minute. One is not worth the effort of being annoyed - the other is.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:52 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
Obviously, your "friends" don't plan, they go with the flow, "oh I know let's catch up with, see what they are doing"... I think a day ahead at least, allows you to deside what you want to do. But also, why not go with the flow once in a blue moon yourselves, you can always re-heat the dinner, for a night out of difference, and hopefully fun.

It's nice to know you're thought of though huh....

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:23 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
I like to have a general outline of things - and then like to be flexible within that ... I'd hate to miss out on something because I was too attached to my schedule.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:05 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
I have to plan ahead for so many things in my life, I don't really want to do it in my spare time too. I usually don't know what we'll have for dinner until I look in the fridge to see what's there and if nothing looks too appealing, we go out for dinner.

I like to do things at the spur of the moment, especially on weekends.
Mame

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
This is how I feel.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:25 pm
@CalamityJane,
That resonates. As a lab tech in my early days, I sometimes had six clocks ticking. Ok, I exaggerate, four or five.
I rarely wear a watch, though oddly I like watches as art. I can almost always tell what time it is within a short span of minutes by various ricketty summations.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:27 pm
@ossobuco,
I just guessed 4:30 pm, and ...

it's 4:25 on my stove clock.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
On planning, I leave room for serendipity.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 06:56 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
I do try to plan ahead, but all too often forget exactly what it was that I'd planned to do.
I really should get into the habit of using the big diary I bought especially for the purpose.
But then, there'd be no challenge to remember, would there? Smile
0 Replies