GW Bush- AWOL-Absent Without Leave

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:17 pm
http://bushwatch.org/bushgate2.htm

JUNIOR AWOL ON DRUGS?

"THE Republican frontrunner for the White House, George W Bush, was suspended from flying as a young pilot for failing to take a medical examination that included a drug test.

"Documents obtained by The Sunday Times reveal that in August 1972, as a 26-year-old subaltern in the Air National Guard, Bush was grounded for failing to "accomplish" an annual medical that would have indicated whether he was taking drugs....While he has consistently admitted to a "misspent youth", Bush has evaded questions about cocaine or other drug use, implying only that he has not taken illegal substances since 1974, the year after he left the Air National Guard....

"Bush was not required to face drug tests when he first entered the reserve unit as a Yale graduate in 1968. It was only at the end of 1971 that the US Air Force, facing a backlash against drug-fuelled escapades in Vietnam, introduced a screening policy. In April 1972 the Pentagon implemented a drug-abuse testing programme that required officers on "extended active duty", including reservists such as Bush, to undergo at least one random drug test every year. The annual medical exam that year included a routine analysis of urine, a close examination of the nasal cavities and specific questions about drugs....

"Bush was said to have been unable to take the medical because he was in Alabama while his doctor was in Houston. his campaign official, however, said Bush was aware that he would be suspended for missing his medical as soon as he left Houston because the air force was unable to process his new status before the August deadline for the test. "It was just a question of following the bureaucratic procedure of the time," he said. "He knew the suspension would have to take place."

"William Turnipseed, a retired general who commanded the Alabama unit at the time, said Bush never appeared for duty. Two commanders at Ellington air force base in Houston said in his record they were unable to perform his annual evaluation covering the year from May 1, 1972 to April 30, 1973. "Lt Bush has not been observed at this unit during the period of this report," they wrote.

"...Chris Lapetina, a former marine and Democratic political consultant, said controversy about the medical exam could hurt Bush's chances among several voting blocks, including pensioners and veterans. Many servicemen would be upset if they thought a possible future president had avoided an obligatory military examination that included a drug test, he said. "When someone doesn't take a physical in the military there's got to be very good reason," Lapetina said. "It looks like he made a decision not to take it because the alternative was unpalatable." " --Sunday Times (UK), 6/17/00

Dubya the Dumbass is a coward and a hypocrite. If the troops only knew what sort of CIC they have, I'm sure they would wretch in disgust.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,083 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:34 pm
I agree.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:45 pm
Hasn't this been disputed enough? Does it really need to be rehashed every week?
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Hasn't this been disputed enough? Does it really need to be rehashed every week?

I agree, after all, Cheney has most likely confiscated all illegal drugs from him by now. Cheney is like his mother, and Bush like a blank slate, for the VP to print anything he neads right there.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:06 pm
Everyday
I think it should be on the Natl. and Internatl news every day. The troops should get to know their Commander.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:10 pm
What? And give them more reason for being court martialed for speaking up against there commander? *sarcasm*

Would our administration ever do that?
Heck, if the truth ever leaked out about politicians, we wouldn't have any left. Covering the truth is just something they do, its not right, but it keeps them busy.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:16 pm
If...
If the troops knew how much contempt their Commander has for them with the attack on their benifits and downgrading of their welfare, perhaps they would at the very least not vote for him and his Neo Fascist thugs.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:24 pm
Wow, pretty harsh.
Yeah, its great that he says he supports them, and then cuts there bennifits. Especially education. Dont even get me started on "Leave no child behind, as long as he can afford it".
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:39 pm
Be careful U_M, there are grammar nazi's around and they will jump all over your spelling.

Oh, Wait! My bad! That's only if you express views that are contrarian to their own!

Sorry, U_M. Nevermind...
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:43 pm
Oh, crud...
In other forums the first thing we do is nuke the dictionary... maybee that will work here.

Some one sounds a little sore. So far, it seems as if many people on this forum are, well, liberal.
Save your self and a few others of course.

But thats just my observations.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:47 pm
Sore? Nah...just fascinated by the manner in which certain members portray themselves. I meant no offense to you, I was making an indirect jab at others through you.

And you are correct about the abundance of liberals here. It's like a field of fresh daisies...
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:52 pm
Well unfortunatly for you, another daisy has popped up (me). But don't worry, I try not to be too liberal, and attempt (though find it hard) to hear both arguments.

In my opinion though, I don't care what a president is doing behind the screen. I don't care if he screws around with every secretary or smokes pot, but if he runs the country well, then I'm happy.

I can't say that of the current administration.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:58 pm
You may not last long, unknown_man. You seem to be able to state your opinion, why you have that opinion and do it is such a fashion as to not piss anyone off.

That's rare in these parts... Laughing
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:01 pm
Well, maybe I have to get an attitude, yell at a few people, and make a name for myself.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:33 pm
Chuckle
BTW I am not a liberal. I am getting more radical everyday. I do think that I will stop short of joining the Communist Party though.

Truth: I would prefer Kucinich to be Pres. but he is too real for the American people...at this juncture.

With the Dems America will remain a Plutocracy.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:04 pm
Yes, I have to agree, you are very radical, maybe a little to strongly, but thats my opinion yet again, and every one knows what harm those can do to you.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:43 pm
The Military should loath Bush2
The Bush Administration's 2004 budget proposed gutting Veterans Administration (VA) services, including health care funding. Proposed cuts included: denying at least 360,000 veterans access to health care; $250 annual premiums; increased pharmacy co-payments; a 30 percent increased primary care co-payments; and increased waiting time for a first medical appointment.

Because of budgetary shortfalls, the VA suspended the enrollment of veterans not injured in service earning between $24,450 and $38,100 annually. VFW officials estimated the administration's VA budget is at least $2 billion short of meeting the demand for quality health care.

The FY 2004 budget approved by Congress calls for reducing VA funding over a 10-year period by $6.2 billion. Cuts are in the areas of veterans' health care and disability benefits.

The cuts affect VA discretionary funding, which could mean discontinuation of burial benefits for veterans or delays in the cost-of-living adjustment for disability benefits.

Some veterans must pay a new $250 annual enrollment fee to join the VA healthcare system. The VA believes 1.25 million veterans nationwide, already under the VA healthcare plan, may no longer be able to participate because of the new fee.

Veterans who can remain under the VA health-care system will pay increased co-payments for physician benefits and prescription drug cost, amounting to an estimated increase in out-of-pocket expenses of $347 each year.

The Bush Administration's budget proposal would have under-funded the VA by more than $2 billion. Bush's proposal would have cut the number of employees available to process disability claims, yet veterans already wait more than six months for a review of disability applications. The Bush plan for dealing with the waiting lists at VA clinics and hospitals is to reduce the number of veterans treated by the VA.

http://www.indiemediamagazine.com/article.php?story=20040201025638295
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:48 pm
And this all has to do with AWOL how exactly?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:39 am
McGentrix wrote:
Sore? Nah...just fascinated by the manner in which certain members portray themselves. I meant no offense to you, I was making an indirect jab at others through you.

And you are correct about the abundance of liberals here. It's like a field of fresh daisies...

This was cute McGentrix. Thanks for the chuckle Laughing

It's like a field of fresh daisies, LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

I resemble that remark and I will always come out smelling like daisies Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:40 am
Oh, welcome to A2K unknown :-D
0 Replies