Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:23 am
OK, so, like, you're at a ritzy restaurant, one of those places where the background music is very quiet so it's possible to have a conversation. You're there with a beautiful, totally awesome babe, and you're crackin' jokes, 'cause, like, babes are into guys with a sense of humor. So, you tell this joke that just has her cryin' it's so funny, and suddenly, unexpectedly, she farts! Reaaly loudly. She does it in one of those sudden silences which sometimes fall over a group of people, and everyone in the restaurant hears her, and they're all starin' at you.

What is the appropriate way to handle this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,794 • Replies: 19
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:42 am
@Setanta,
Maybe

"I told you not to bring the dog...."
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:46 am
@boomerang,
then you must fart louser and look around at the people and say
"Anybody wanna make something of it?"

She will have your baby.
jespah

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 01:54 pm
@farmerman,
Practice this line: "It's these damn Christian Louboutin shoes!" They are really expensive and they'll think you're really classy.*

*They will also think you're a cross-dresser, as CL makes shoes for wimmins. Hey, ya can't have everything.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:00 pm
@Setanta,
Say very loudly, "pardon me."

What not to say: "Damn! When did we eat burned tires?"
0 Replies

ButchBitchPriscilla

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:00 pm
It really depends on the establishment your dining in. If it’s one where Lesbians frequent you just say “Hey girl”
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:05 pm
@Setanta,
Get your lighter ready for the next one.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:58 pm
@Setanta,
You could say "I've heard snappier comebacks from a bag of beans"...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:59 pm
@Setanta,
In my kid's social set, the appropriate reaction would be to laugh uproariously.

(I'm still not used to how freely they all fart or how funny they all think it is.)
Mame

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:23 pm
@sozobe,
potty humour and kids go together like hotdogs and mustard Smile

When my daughter was 12, she went into French Immersion. One day someone came to visit and said they wanted a pet. She broke into giggles that became out of control. Later I asked her what was so funny - well, apparently the word 'pet' means 'fart' in French. So ever after that, when she was in a bad mood, I'd look at her and say, 'pet, pet, pet, pet, pet' Smile
Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:14 pm
@Mame,
There's a great joke about that in French, about a real babe in an elevator who inadvertently cuts one, and a man on the elevator smiles at her. She turns her nose up, and he says: "Quelle petulance!" And she responds by telling him not to get familiar. It's an old joke that would not work today, but "pet tu lance" also means "the fart you cut."

Yeah, i know, if you have to explain it, it ain't funny.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:17 pm
Boom: Blame the dog? It's trite, but it's a classic, and it's simple.

FM: Having my child ? ! ? ! ? I was just hopin' to get lucky.

Uhm, Jes, you promised not to out me for being a crossdresser.

Thanks for the tip on what not to say.

ECY, have you ever lighted a fart? It can be dangerous . . .

CJ, wouldn't that actually the the kind of comeback you could expect from a bag of beans?

Well, Soz, although the Sozlet and her friends would likely be very charming dinner companions, i think they're too young for me.

Thanks to everyone for their sage advice.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:09 pm
@Setanta,
Heck, that's the very first time somebody acknowledged my joke with a fart! Thank you.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
What is the appropriate way to handle this?

You look massively put out & offended by the odor, then survey all the nearest tables in a conspicuous effort to identify & shame the culprit ... of course! Smile
Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:39 am
@msolga,
Hehehehehe . . .

Good one . . .
msolga

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:50 am
@Setanta,
That's the sort of things kids in class do .... after lunch break.
Not the best of times to be in a packed classroom! Neutral
dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 04:11 am
@Setanta,
You say "Bless you!"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 04:21 am
Bless me, Father, for i have sinned. It has been two days since my last emission.

Little joke for the Catholics out there . . .
0 Replies

jacksinj02

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 06:50 pm
@Setanta,
Just say you did it. your main focus should be on the girl. not the people around you
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 06:55 pm
@msolga,
Quote:

That's the sort of things kids in class do .... after lunch break.
Not the best of times to be in a packed classroom!

My boys do it all the time. I try my best to ignore them. But sometimes it's rather hard.

I finally taught them not to do it at the table by making the one who did it (and we all know who it was) clean up the table afterwards. Scrape, rinse and put the dishes all away - as well as wiping the table and vacuuming around the table. Wink So not worth all that trouble to fart or burp at the table. I can put up with much from little boys. But I won't put up with THAT.
0 Replies