''Embrace your fears'' in latin?

Shadee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 05:04 pm
Hi!

Can someone translate me ''Embrace your fears''?

I'll permanently write this on my body, so I thought I would probably need some help to not screw it up .

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,982 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 05:33 pm
@Shadee,
If you're going to get this tattoo'd on, go to a college or university that has someone that's a true expert and get them to translate it for you. Seriously, the internet is NOT the place you need to be asking people for that kind of advice.

I had a Japanese friend that used to LOVE drawing out symbols for people who asked for specific things. He later admitted that everything he drew for them was a variation of vigorously loving farm animals.
farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:15 pm
@Questioner,
Grabba you fears an bessama ona Labanza
0 Replies

Shadee

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:27 pm
@Questioner,
I really lol'd at that xD

Yeah you're surely right. I'll try to get to an university. But I thought maybe I can find a proffesionnal out here!

I posted on many forums, so far I got some nice answers, maybe someone will give me another one here.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:32 pm
@Shadee,
There is a man here named George who studied a whole lot of latin, and he answers most of the latin questions. I studied a lot of latin myself, but not as much as he did. I recommend that you stick around and see what he has to say.
Questioner

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:33 pm
@ossobuco,
You mean the elusive genius known as farmerman? Mr. Green
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:37 pm
@Questioner,
No, I mean George. Click on the tags and see who answered many latin questions over the years. He is not a professional translator for people who want tattoos but he knows what he is talking about or will tell you if not. He also has a kind of warning thing that he doesn't take responsibility.
Me, if I wanted a tattoo in latin, I'd listen to him.

George is also very funny. Sometimes I have trouble deciding who has the most wit on a2k - George is right up there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:42 pm
@Shadee,
I didnt want to be a wise ass but I have 2 tats and one is a crude phrase and its in Chinese. Chinese is tres cool for a tat. LAtin makes you come off like a monk when yer naked.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:18 am
Embrace your fears
Amplectere metus tuos

Amplectere --> embrace
metus --> fears
tuos --> your

Please read this.

I'd be interested in seeing the other translations you have received.
0 Replies