Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 07:28 am
I finally got my bottom teeth out.Even the the new temp plate looks beautiful and when I heal completely in 6 months I'm getting two permanent implants that will hold my permanent lower plate so I don't have to worry about floating plates or Polygrip or anything. The cost is astronomical but my dentist is one of the few ehtical people left who, knowing that I'll make payments faithfully every month as I did on my top teeth , is doing it on credit. Already my blood sugar has stabilized without that infection pumping into my body.

The short term problem is that these teeth were SO infected for SO long that now with them out bacteria is dumping into my system like a firehose and although I'm on a run of antibiotics (and pepto bismol) and the doc says I'm actually healing faster than she expected (the Bears are a stout lot) my mouth is swollen badly and looks like a firecracker went off in it. As you can imagine I can't talk very well, which brings me to the funny part.

My daughter Kylie, the last one we would have expected, is enthusiastically working the microphone and helping me this weekend or as long as I need so I don't have to give up any gigs and so she can drive me since I'm chock full o' Vicodin. I told her if she was going to be a dj she'd have to have a dj name. Remember, her name is Kylie, so she is now DJ KY. Because she has the Bear sense of humor (much to squinney's dismay all my kids do) she's cool with it. Mr. Green
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,944 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 07:36 am
I've got a dental implant (upper left canine). It's a teeny bit jagged so I can look more badass. Smile

Seriously, one thing about implants is, anything you eat seems to attract to 'em like a magnet.

Glad you're on the mend (and grab about a case of floss when you're able). And yay to the newly minted DJKY. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 07:36 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
All good news there, Bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 08:03 am
@jespah,
Jespah I'm going to do the lower before the upper because they tend (I'm told) to be more problematic. But if two will hold the entire lower plate securely then it's worth the grand apiece for them. Outside of reinvesting in my business, I'm not spending a dime on anything but getting this fixed once and for all this year. I looked into the "mini implants" but I'm told no really reliable dentist wants to use them because with gradual and inevitable loss of bone as you age, the stop working well and they're not actually that much cheaper. I'm just happy to have grinding teeth again. I haven't had a salad in a year and a half. and I'm looking forwar to that in a week or so.
jespah

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 08:08 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hooray for salad. Smile
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 08:37 am
@jespah,
its amazing how much our systems are reflective of tooth problems. I had a bad sinus problem years ago and it was all because of an infection underneath a silver filling
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 08:51 am
They are looking at the gums as indicators for potential problems in other areas, including heart issues.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 04:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I really want to say a smile is worth a million dollars, to see yourself as you should..

And, being unable to eat properly brings you down.

I've had some hickups myself:) Passed down by my darling Grandmother, so enjoy all of this, it's worth every cent Smile And, maintain as many as you can down the bottom, through proper dental care, the plaque seems to remain on the teeth and destroys the gums so spend a little getting them professionally cleaned, apparently the bottom teeth don't hold as well with any assisted methods.

It's actually the reason why I ever joined a Forum, trying to work out what to do:)

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 11:57 am
First let me say that's a great Ike quote. He was a remarkable man.
Second, there's a lot of wisdom in your post I think my health problems are grounded in my tooth problems. Thanks for bringing this up Bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 04:37 pm
I'm on day 5 since the last of my teeth came out. I'm healing well according to the doc although diabetics heal a little slower in general, but the bottom plate is still a misery. I'm tired of taking Vicodin so today I'm toughing it out with just Ibuprofen. Working last night was tough and I'm sure tomorrow night will not be a picnic either, but ai also know that in a few weeks this pain will be a memory and my health in general will be much better. It's also nice to have an entire smile... but I'm going to have to train myself to sing around all this artillery. It changes your voice.
0 Replies