Relate to Baruch Spinoza

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 12:05 am
In our Chinese website,there is a sentence about Spinoza.It says:"Spinoza think that the knowledge of real motive with passive emotion could be changed into initiative emotion,then he foresees one key thought of Sigmund Freud's psychology analysis ."What are the passive emotion,the initiative emotion,the real motive?How should we comprehend this sentence?And what is the key thought of Sigmund Freud's psychology that matter Spinoza.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 721 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Fido

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 08:54 am
@zxsl1984,
Reading Thomas Mann on Freud which ends up being a great deal about Nietzsche and German romantacism, he, Freud seems to think the Psyche is unconscious of itself, and upon this thought he based his theory of neurosis for it asserted and proved the phenomenon of suppression, the preventing an impulse from reaching the consciousness and its transformation into a neurotic symptom...

Now; I do have a volume around here on Spinoza's theory of knowledge... I cannot say a lot on either person's drive to action... I do know that in Freud's theory the death wish was behind human progress as weird as that may sound... Freud, like many of his age, including Nietzsche was anti rationalistic... Clearly, and according to him, reason has a voice in our affairs, but to me, our behavior is seldom other than irrational for which reason is used only to achieve irrational goals.. Good luck with what ever is going on, and happy new year.
0 Replies