Why are Christian's Hated by so many people?

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 07:50 pm
In the Catholic rite of Communion, the worshipper is given a wafer, which represents the body of Christ.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:06 pm
We throw other people to the crocodile, hoping it will be too full to eat us. But crocodiles have big appetites. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:42 pm
I "can't" hate christians, because all my siblings and their children are christians. Many of my friends are christians too. I'm between a rock and a hard place. LOL
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 11:10 pm
Quote:
Christians do not set out to make enemies, it just happens.
Just like the crucifixion of Christ, so Christians suffer persecution.
I thought your questions were responsible. Many beliefs of religion come from the Catholic Church. Much of their teachings are not up to the standards of the Bible. [mother mary worship, rosary beeds, repetitive sayings, idols, not allowing priests to marry, hail mary's, the pope is infallible, the pope has the power to forgive sin, they harbored the words of our Lord for geneations and put Christianity in the dark. And used their knowledge to control citizens who had no access to the Bible.] The Word says, the truth shall set you free.

Nothing just happens! Hatred is reciprocated.
Love thy neighbour, the most christian of tenets. And yet many christians, have the disturbing tendancy to see the world in black and white terms, rarely finding it within themselves to follow Jesus's own words.
The above diatribe is just malarkey............It's hatred, pure and simple.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:13 pm
A lot of Christians are pushy, judgemental, and hypocritical. 3 characteristics that don't really mesh into likeability. Now some may say, there are a lot of people like that, not just Christians. Correct you are, but the majority of people are Christians.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:21 pm
child of light, the majority of what people are Christian?
The majority of unlikeable people are Christian?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:23 pm
ehBeth wrote:
child of light, the majority of what people are Christian?
The majority of unlikeable people are Christian?

I'd venture out and say that Christians make up the highest percentage of the World's population.....But it's hard to say that the majority of unlikeables are Christian, because that is based on opinion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:28 pm
Let's face it. There are good christians and bad christians, as well as all the religions of the world including agnostics and atheists. I'm just not willing to start counting.......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904108.html

Yup. Looks like Christianity makes up the prevalent religion in the world. What I have found is that the vast majority of Christians that I have come in contact with are decent people. It is those who use their own particular view of the world as the frame of reference that should include everybody, and those who attempt to proselytize that I find obnoxious. "Live and let live", that's my motto!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:42 pm
Only 14 million Jews? That's crazy!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm
Crazy, how? Here's the stats by religion.
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Crazy, how? Here's the stats by religion.
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

It just suprised me because if you were to say "there are 14 million Jews in New York state". I'd be skeptical, but I wouldn't rule it out as impossible.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:14 pm
Quote:
Now Brooklyn has the greatest concentration of Jews with 456,000, followed by Manhattan, which has 243,000 Jews. In Nassau County, outside the city limits, there are now 221,000 Jews. 129,000 live in Westchester and Suffolk has 90,000 Jews.

The State of New York has 1,657,000 Jews, which makes us about 9.1% of the New York State population of 19 million.

http://www.jbuff.com/c010104.htm
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:18 pm
Thanks for the info.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:26 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
Only 14 million Jews? That's crazy!

People calling themselves 'Christians' and professing to to be inspired by a sky being's deep and overwhelming love kill them regularly. It helped fill in the time until the invention of TV.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:39 pm
Mr Stillwater
How often the truth is told in jest.
0 Replies