Why are Christian's Hated by so many people?

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:25 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
Why Christian's Hated by so many people?

Theory #1
The SuperBowl is like a very extravagent Roman Coliseum.
In the Coliseum, Christians were thrown to the lions for spectacle and entertainment.
Therefore, football is the cause of hatred toward Christians.
We must cast out football from our lives, or surely suffer off-side penalties in the endzone of hell.

Theory #2
It's fun to hate people who lie, steal, murder, and aggressively manipulate others,
all the while claiming salvation as long as they let Jesus into their heart.

Theory #3
Hateful people view the world in terms of hatred. Therefore Christians feel hated,
regardless of how they are actually treated at the moment.

Theory #4
Guilt, blame and shame are very powerful tools.
Keep trying and you'll get better at it.

Theory #5
The world is a fickle place.
There is hatred and love, ugliness and beauty. Plant whatever you want to grow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:27 pm
Smiley, may i hope you tend and water well that which you plant?
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:44 pm
Logical darwinism: only the best theories survive.
(or at least the most useful)

I thank you for your hope, Setanta. We could all use a bit more of that these days.

---------
Assuming this isn't hell already, if we're all going there someday soon
then I may as well earn my passage. To go there for free just wouldn't be right.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:48 pm
Quote:

Then why did the spork perish but Ronco spray-on hair survive?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:50 pm
Uh . . . lotsa people eat with their fingers an' have no hair?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:54 pm
Hmmm. Perhaps a volumizing barbecue sauce would be marketable...
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
Christianity receives the brunt of attacks on this forum and elsewhere for the same reason Howard Dean was attacked by the other Democratic candidates; Frontrunners are natural targets.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:58 pm
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . . what a hoot . . .

okbye
0 Replies

Name

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:58 pm
Smiley wrote:
kjvtrue wrote:
Why Christian's Hated by so many people?

Theory #1
The SuperBowl is like a very extravagent Roman Coliseum.
In the Coliseum, Christians were thrown to the lions for spectacle and entertainment.
Therefore, football is the cause of hatred toward Christians.
We must cast out football from our lives, or surely suffer off-side penalties in the endzone of hell.

Theory #2
It's fun to hate people who lie, steal, murder, and aggressively manipulate others,
all the while claiming salvation as long as they let Jesus into their heart.

Theory #3
Hateful people view the world in terms of hatred. Therefore Christians feel hated,
regardless of how they are actually treated at the moment.

Theory #4
Guilt, blame and shame are very powerful tools.
Keep trying and you'll get better at it.

Theory #5
The world is a fickle place.
There is hatred and love, ugliness and beauty. Plant whatever you want to grow.

HAHAHA that is funny yet some how underneth it all seems true

Edit (MODERATOR): Signature removed. Please do not employ links or images in Signatures
0 Replies

Bluesapphire

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:32 pm
Why The bible says why!

The Bible has that answer. We are disliked just like Jesus was -He said we would be persecuted for his name sake. And yes we are, But seems that since we have Jesus we can bare it a little much better.. And I also wanted to say Hi to all.

+InCHrist
Bluesapphire
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 12:43 am
Welcome, kjvture,
As you can see from many answers they just have no respect. The gospel comes with a message that is contrary to the natural man. Once a Christian stands up for the changes that take place within themselves others think it is a farce. They do not believe in salvation and they reject they are sinners and need God to bring them back to himself. Christians do not set out to make enemies, it just happens.
Just like the crucifixion of Christ, so Christians suffer persecution.
I thought your questions were responsible. Many beliefs of religion come from the Catholic Church. Much of their teachings are not up to the standards of the Bible. [mother mary worship, rosary beeds, repetitive sayings, idols, not allowing priests to marry, hail mary's, the pope is infallible, the pope has the power to forgive sin, they harbored the words of our Lord for geneations and put Christianity in the dark. And used their knowledge to control citizens who had no access to the Bible.] The Word says, the truth shall set you free.
It is not a good future on earth for Christians, they will continue to be persecuted and it will never get better.
Once being a non Christian myself I told people I did not want to hear about Jesus and I felt inferior for saying that. I just was not ready to receive.

Quote:
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers PERSECUTED? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: -Acts 7

Quote:
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh PERSECUTED him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. -Galatians 4

Quote:
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he PERSECUTED the woman which brought forth the man child. -Rev 12

The dragon is satan and the woman is Israel.

Christians are persecuted because they don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Please no personal attacks.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:14 am
patiodog wrote:
Quote:

Then why did the spork perish but Ronco spray-on hair survive?

Advertising. How many infomercials have you seen for the spork?

Personally, I tend to stay away from these topics. Why? Well, have you ever seen the movie National Lampoon's European Vacation? The part where they get stuck in the 'roundabout? That's my experience with Faith vs Science, Creation vs Evolution type threads. Around and around, and no one really gets anywhere.

It continuoulsy surprises me that Catholics aren't considered Christians. As the oldest christian sect, and it can trace it's followers all the way back to the time of christ. . well. . .it's just always rankled me. I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school. Try telling my teachers we weren't Christian. As luck would have it, I now work for a Cathloic health care company, and I asked one of the sisters here if she considered herself Christian, and she was shocked and surprised that I asked. I had to explain why I asked, and then she understood.

Anyways, from my experience, it's not Christians per se who aren't liked, it's the fundies that get all the ridicule. People like Jack Chick don't help much, either. Nor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay stance.

But, like apples, there are always a couple of bad ones around. You respect my beliefs, I'll respect yours. You tell me I'm going to burn in hell just because I'm not Christian. . .well. . .
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:19 am
Ever since I heard an interview with Mel Gibson, who is Catholic, I have eased up on worrying about all catholics. I thought they might be all lost as a whole.
But Mel Gibson was a very spiritual Christian.
It is the dogma of the church that is so offensive. 2 Cents
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:28 am
Ruach, I greatly respect that you express your thoughts here. Thank you.
Please think about this . . . Can your argument be equally applied to other religions as well?

Once a member of any religion "stands up for the changes that take place within themselves others think it is a farce". No?

Don't the non-Christian religions wrestle "against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."?

What do you see about Christianity that is different here?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 06:47 am
I would opine that the difference Rauch sees is that he/she/it believes christians possess divine truth, and the rest of us inhabit the outer darkness. See the passage by Acq which i quoted above--this sense of uniqueness coupled with persecution is vital to their self-image . . .

Think you could find a higher horse to ride around on Rauch?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:04 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
I thought we'd managed to chase all those ratbags off for a while. F@ck I am so tired of looking at the 'New Threads' and seeing a bunch of religious themed self-referencing questions.

And yet, we keep clicking!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:09 am
click
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:10 am
Ruach wrote:
Welcome, kjvture,
As you can see from many answers they just have no respect. The gospel comes with a message that is contrary to the natural man. Once a Christian stands up for the changes that take place within themselves others think it is a farce. They do not believe in salvation and they reject they are sinners and need God to bring them back to himself. Christians do not set out to make enemies, it just happens.
Just like the crucifixion of Christ, so Christians suffer persecution.
I thought your questions were responsible. Many beliefs of religion come from the Catholic Church. Much of their teachings are not up to the standards of the Bible. [mother mary worship, rosary beeds, repetitive sayings, idols, not allowing priests to marry, hail mary's, the pope is infallible, the pope has the power to forgive sin, they harbored the words of our Lord for geneations and put Christianity in the dark. And used their knowledge to control citizens who had no access to the Bible.] The Word says, the truth shall set you free.
It is not a good future on earth for Christians, they will continue to be persecuted and it will never get better.
Once being a non Christian myself I told people I did not want to hear about Jesus and I felt inferior for saying that. I just was not ready to receive.

Quote:
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers PERSECUTED? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: -Acts 7

Quote:
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh PERSECUTED him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. -Galatians 4

Quote:
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he PERSECUTED the woman which brought forth the man child. -Rev 12

The dragon is satan and the woman is Israel.

Christians are persecuted because they don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Please no personal attacks.

There's those circular arguments again.

Maybe it's because they try to bore us to death!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:17 am
Great mirth and hilarity keeps me coming back. Also the fellowship and sharing. As Patton said: "God I love it so." Maybe that was Michael Jackson. Oh well. Click.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:14 am
I might note that a great deal of the hatred directed at Christians -- is hatred directed by Christians toward other Christians.

Fact is -- most of it seems to be of that sort.
0 Replies